GDT: Game #41 Habs host Flames again 6pm ET. Everyone feels young tonight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
That would likely confirm what everyone and their grandmothers knew....that Staal is at most a 4C w monitored TOI and specialized help (faceoffs + PP support) - along w occasional sit out a game.

Using more is a recipe for disaster

My problem is that to a lesser extent, Perry also needs to be sheltered a bit 5v5.You can’t have both on the same line 5v5.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
My problem is that to a lesser extent, Perry also needs to be sheltered a bit 5v5.You can’t have both on the same line 5v5.

Yeah, I also think we should only have one of them in the lineup (unless injuries). Team just seems slow overall and they're not helping. I'd rather have Evans in for one of them tonight

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not sure. In their limited minutes Staal-Drouin-Toffoli has the worst advanced stats of all line combinations this year looking at moneypuck, so I guess it comes mainly from there.

His presence alone killed Toffoli's effectiveness.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
How does Evans keep sitting for Staal?
Back-to-back games, Evans will play tomorrow - and Staal if used properly in a 4C role w 10TOI is more useful due to experience factor.

Evans hasn’t scored since mid-Jan, it’s not as if he’s been producing either

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Two games in less than 24 hours. Doing it AHL style.

With Primeau sent back to Laval, Price should be in uniform. Wonder if he will get the start tonight or tomorrow against the Sens.

Primeau recalled on emergency basis. Have to wonder how serious the Price injury is at this point.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Primeau recalled on emergency basis. Have to wonder how serious the Price injury is at this point.

Price was in net the entire morning skate today.

The emergency recall is a bit confusing as Price is probably fine to be backup if he did an entire practice.

Reactions: dinodebino

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oh yay, Chiarot back with Weber. Thank god, we needed a speedy puck mover from the back end, and nobody does that better than Chiarot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jake Allen is providing the same lame back up goaltending we have become accustomed to. I expected better results from him as a back up.

He's actually been playing good and making big saves. The team in front of him haven't really helped him though.

It doesn't mean he hasn't let in some stinkers along the way. But he's been giving the team chances to stay in games. Last game against the Flames, he made some big saves when Flames were up 2-0. He even made a key save before Habs went the other way and Kulak scored.

Reactions: Habs Icing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad