GDT: Game #41 Habs host Flames again 6pm ET. Everyone feels young tonight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
They could play with 7D.

I see Merrill playing more than Gustafsson will, though.

They should. Get the old, slow vets out of the line up (Staal and Perry) and injured ones (Toffoli doesn't seem the same at all...) Have Evans - Lehkonen as PK'rs.

Reactions: RandomTask26

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
They could play with 7D.

they could... so Lekhonen & Kulak sit? Not sure thinning the forward group helps us if it means Staal/Perry need to play more...

Will be interesting to see. On the one hand, Ducharme has lots of bargainbin options to test out... on the other hand, doesn't bode well for creating any stability as they head down the stretch.

i don't see these additions ending up being a net positive. For whatever little performance improvement Staal/MErrill/Gustafsson collectively represent over Evans/Kulak/Romanov, if any, the deck shuffling/player integration costs are likely to offset them

We may well have been better off before the moves, or if he had only added Merrill

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
They should. Get the old, slow vets out of the line up (Staal and Perry) and injured ones (Toffoli doesn't seem the same at all...) Have Evans - Lehkonen as PK'rs.
Agreed, they can rotate forwards with Evans-Lekhonen so at least the 4th line won't hurt the team (unlike if Staal-Perry were there). This is what I'd like to see

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
They could play with 7D.

I hope so.

The lineup is a mess right now.

Our centre line looked to be struggling so we got a veteran (who I was kind of excited about seeing play for the habs) who is not as good as our 4th line C and who has displaced 2 centres so far... Now we cant get a speedy consistent young C in because of some pecking order, or the boss' public image or a verteran's ego.

Our D is a mess so we got a couple extra bottom pair guys for depth. I can only hope that they don't bump our promising rookie D man out. Our worst D man has been the guy who is essentially un-scratchable. A guy who represents a defining move of the GM. It is so frustrating.

The GM has lost the plot, the coach has no system and probably no real power to make the right lineup decisions, and has possibly also lost the plot.

I don't think this lineup is a "true" contender, but they are better than they have shown. The offence will come when they can get it out of their own end more than once every 5 tries. They can't forecheck because after 2 min of zone time they are knackered. Arg.

I try to stay positive but it is such a mess of ego and incompetency right now I can't even believe it.
End Rant.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Great GDT. :thumbu:

Odd start time for this game. This game will 100% be another Sutter snoozefest and another loss if the Habs come out like they did Wednesday night. The Habs need to find a way to beat this Flames team over these remaining 4 games against them.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

del17

Dec 26, 2015
Normand Flynn on with Marinaro said something many people would agree with. Hell has frozen over.

Speaking about Caufield, he said he wouldn't hesitate to put him in the line-up because there are guys not doing their job right now. When asked who he would sit, Flynn said Drouin. He brought up that Tatar was a healthy scratch when he wasn't scoring. Why shouldn't Drouin sit?
I don’t think we can afford to sit any of are potential speed guys . We have become slow fast. I would consider Caufield and or Poehling new youth energy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
caufield.png

del17

Dec 26, 2015
...there's the contradiction; Montreal play smart...
Well I hate to think what happens if we can’t figure Calgary out are coaching adjustments and are players look like they are playing in quicksand all we have to do is skate pass score Calgary is supposed to be a weak team who are we?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Well I hate to think what happens if we can’t figure Calgary out are coaching adjustments and are players look like they are playing in quicksand all we have to do is skate pass score Calgary is supposed to be a weak team who are we?
We can beat Edmonton and Vancouver because they are not deep teams; teams that don't just rely on a couple of Top Tier offensive players to do all the damage, we pretty much suck against to be honest...and even against VanCity & Deadmonton, we spend most of the game defending or on the outside throwing shots from ridiculous spots...sad but true...

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
By "they" you mean Calgary.

Nope, Montreal is a good team just poorly coached. They go in cycles because the coaching is so bad, they don't figure out how to make the adjustments till you get a game like the last one. Duchump doesn't know how to make in-game moves, how to get the breakout going when it's stalling. This is a huge reflection on just how bad Richardson is handling the blueline, just like the PP is a huge reflection on how bad Burrows and Duchump are making decisions with that. How on earth Richardson has a job is beyond me, probably most people.

So when your D is struggling, like Petry, Webs , Kulak.. they can't figure out how to adjust. Good coaching will make a transition in-game, and skate the puck more instead of the wrap around that isn't working.

This may be the worse coached team I have seen since Carbs, it is brutal the disorganization out there. I think that says a lot about how good the team may be, when you are this poorly coached and you still have a winning record. Drouin getting a free pass is unacceptable, so is the play of Webs and Petry for a lot of games. They have to have minutes taken away when they aren't being effective. This applies to everyone.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
how on earth do they make room for 3 dmen, without making Romanov be a victim? 7 D? lol

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
how on earth do they make room for 3 dmen, without making Romanov be a victim? 7 D? lol

Romanov will sit, it's inevitable...the issue is how often will he sit??...honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see a run of games with:

Chairot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Gustafsson - Merill

...four sloths and two rovers, not a true puck-mover to be seen...won't that be fun...:banghead:

Reactions: habsfan891

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Gustafsson is depth will be our 8th dman
Romanov in terms of games scratched has been treated more favorably than Kulak.
Ouellette/Leskinen are AHL guys

So

Kulak out for Merril
Oullete/Leskinen out for Chiarot

Pairings are:

Chiarot- Weber
Eddy - Petry
Romanov - Merril

del17

Dec 26, 2015
By sitting the odd guy that is too slow and doing nothing . Most of us and the rest of the league to be honest knows you need mobility and good transition from the back end these days we can’t even skate . I don’t know why our coaching can’t see this or do they think they have some magic formula the rest of the league does not know . League is mostly about skill speed and youth are teams that do well like Colorado Tampa

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
By sitting the odd guy that is too slow and doing nothing . Most of us and the rest of the league to be honest knows you need mobility and good transition from the back end these days we can’t even skate . I don’t know why our coaching can’t see this or do they think they have some magic formula the rest of the league does not know . League is mostly about skill speed and youth are teams that do well like Colorado Tampa

If Ducharme sat every defenseman that was slow and doing nothing on our team right now, we'd be dressing:

Romanov

...that is all...

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad