GDT: Game #41 Habs host Flames again 6pm ET. Everyone feels young tonight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
CBA rules that it's ok to play 2 games less than 24 hours apart? Sorry, did I miss something?
It used to be 24-hrs, then was renegotiated for 22-hrs between start times, if one of the teams was expected to travel long distance (not sure amount stipulated) after the game - I believe they’ve put in an amendment recently due the rescheduling that’s gone on not sure what the new time between games for the remainder of the season has been agreed to.

6pm start time tonight vs 4pm start time tomorrow falls into 22-hr stipulation

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It used to be 24-hrs, then was renegotiated for 22-hrs between start times, if one of the teams was expected to travel long distance (not sure amount stipulated) after the game - I believe they’ve put in an amendment recently due the rescheduling that’s gone on not sure what the new time between games for the remainder of the season has been agreed to.

6pm start time tonight vs 4pm start time tomorrow falls into 22-hr stipulation
Thx!
At least no one has to travel this time, like we did from Vancouver to Calgary last time...

Reactions: Ginger Papa

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Thx!
At least no one has to travel this time, like we did from Vancouver to Calgary last time...
Not sure if Habs leave immediately after Sens game for Edm - I believe they do in order to get together with the new acquisitions (Merrill & Gustafsson) - thought I read that somewhere

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't know how they expect this same lineup to win after the turd they dropped last game.
Price & Chiarot, IF both are healthy will be significant adds to current lineup.

Price plays a very important role in transition game with his passing ability

Chiarot like him or not will be able to absorb TOI Kulak and others have not been able to given he’s had time off

The question is whether Habs will be able to capitalize and score first....they’re a much different and better team if they do

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Price & Chiarot, IF both are healthy will be significant adds to current lineup.

Price plays a very important role in transition game with his passing ability

Chiarot like him or not will be able to absorb TOI Kulak and others have not been able to given he’s had time off

The question is whether Habs will be able to capitalize and score first....they’re a much different and better team if they do
Crazy that most Habs games hinge on scoring first. It's like you may as well turn the game off if the other team scores first.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It's anyone's guess as to which team shows up tonight. So I'll just settle in and see what transpires.

GO:habsGO

Male-Magicicada-septendecim-Metuchen-NJ-001.jpg

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Imagine being told you are a healthy scratch in favour of the corpse of Staal who gets a minus every time he steps on the ice and just blatantly doesn't care.

Staal’s on-ice high danger chances

9 for
28 against

F***ing atrocious...it’s really not just our eyes,
He’s objectively bad since joining the Habs.

We’re supposed to be a 4 lines team. There’s no place for Staal. And Perry needs to be with fast players like Evans / Lekh (although I like Perry, if meshed up with other slow players the lack of speed becomes a liability 5v5)

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Staal’s on-ice high danger chances

9 for
28 against

F***ing atrocious...it’s really not just our eyes,
He’s objectively bad since joining the Habs.

We’re supposed to be a 4 lines team. There’s no place for Staal. And Perry needs to be with fast players like Evans / Lekh (although I like Perry, if meshed up with other slow players the lack of speed becomes a liability 5v5)
Curious to see the breakdown of the data - how much of the “against” was as a 4C vs higher up in the lineup.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Curious to see the breakdown of the data - how much of the “against” was as a 4C vs higher up in the lineup.

Not sure. In their limited minutes Staal-Drouin-Toffoli has the worst advanced stats of all line combinations this year looking at moneypuck, so I guess it comes mainly from there.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not sure. In their limited minutes Staal-Drouin-Toffoli has the worst advanced stats of all line combinations this year looking at moneypuck, so I guess it comes mainly from there.
That would likely confirm what everyone and their grandmothers knew....that Staal is at most a 4C w monitored TOI and specialized help (faceoffs + PP support) - along w occasional sit out a game.

Using more is a recipe for disaster

Reactions: KKforprez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad