Pre-Game Talk: GAME #40 - Canucks @ Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
AV denied it.

I'm hoping this is the team's plan in action of being extra cautious with important players towards the end of a shortened season.

The team only needs 5-6 points to secure a spot.

Aye, much as Higgins has been on fire. We can call up Jensen for a bit and with Kesler back, I doubt we lose that much of a step. The Sedins just need to get back to their scoring ways a little more consistently.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Of course this would happen. :facepalm: With the way Tanev has been pulverized out there every game I'm surprised he held up this long. I really, really hope he's going to be fine. As for Higgins.... well... :help:

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Aye, much as Higgins has been on fire. We can call up Jensen for a bit and with Kesler back, I doubt we lose that much of a step. The Sedins just need to get back to their scoring ways a little more consistently.

I forgot about Jensen, this actually makes me feel a whole lot better now that I think about it. But knowing AV they'll put Ebbett in as third line center and move Roy to his wing

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
With higgins and tanev out, I'm going to try something new: go into these playoffs (if we make it) with super low expectations. I'm going to expect to get swept in the 1st round, and any win beyond that is a bonus.

Now lets get out of Calgary with no injuries, please.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Minny on their tails, Anaheim within striking distance.

Not a great time to be sitting people out to be extra cautious I think

A 9 point gap (1 game in hand) with 9 games remaining is not anywhere near striking distance. That's pretty much the same distance Calgary is from a playoff spot (Calgary is closer since they have 1 more game to do it).

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Lets hope this is some sort of genius plan to rest some of our "core" guys for the playoffs.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
A 9 point gap (1 game in hand) with 9 games remaining is not anywhere near striking distance. That's pretty much the same distance Calgary is from a playoff spot (Calgary is closer since they have 1 more game to do it).

Vancouver has gained 5 points on the ducks in the last 10 games. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

I thought about Jensen at first; but at second thought it's probably better using the guys that we will actually have on the team when we go into the playoffs. I'm not against having Weise move up to the third or second line and getting some ice time for the 13th forward.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Vancouver has gained 5 points on the ducks in the last 10 games. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility

so we'd have to gain double the amount of points we just did, and do it in 1 less game? how hard could it be? haha

Tanevian*

We play them once, win in reg and it's 7.

Win the game in hand and it's 5.

I am not betting on it but it certainly isn't out of the question if the 2 above-mentioned happen.

We would only be chasing 1 team, Calgary would be chasing 6 teams with one of them winning h2h games. It's not even remotely comparable. Calgary could win out their schedule in regulation and still likely don't make it in. If we did that, we'd just need Anaheim to be average.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I think it's pretty similar to what it was last game

Sedins/Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kassian/Hansen
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian/Hansen
Weise-Lappy-Ebbett

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Garrison
Alberts-Ballard

Once Tanev comes back he replaces Alberts.

Bad news for you. Higgins is out, bro.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
If I had to guess it would be that Staph infection is back for Higgy. Hope I'm wrong.

Jim Jamieson ‏@JamiesonCanucks 1h
#Canucks AV said Higgins issue is not staph infection. Asked if both will be back for playoffs: hopefully. Both out "indefinitely

TheDiver*

Sure. And by JS I mean Andrew Gordon!! :5: :sarcasm:

At this point in his development, Jordan Schroeder has the offensive production of Shane O'Brien.

Let him stay in Chi town and develop.

Then let him come to Abby next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad