Pre-Game Talk: GAME #40 - Canucks @ Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I read according to minor research I did it depends on what grade it is, ranging from a week to several weeks.

The fact that he played the game and looked good, and looked fine post game hopefully means its not to bad.

Not just hopefully, but realistically too.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Yeah I agree with you he did look pretty good last night on the ice he was everywhere. I hope it's not long according to your research.

This was the description i came across.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/health_a-z_detail.asp?AZ=276

Like other types of sprains, knee sprains are classified according to a grading system:

Grade I (mild) — This injury stretches the ligament, which causes microscopic tears in the ligament. These tiny tears don't significantly affect the overall ability of the knee joint to support your weight.
Grade II (moderate) — The ligament is partially torn, and there is some mild to moderate instability (or periodic giving out) of the knee while standing or walking.
Grade III (severe) — The ligament is torn completely or separated at its end from the bone, and the knee is more unstable.

Another website claims

http://www.slideshare.net/jameskzane/sprained-knee-recovery-time

grade 1-few days to a week of down time

grade 2-one week to a month

And grade 3 you can imagine several weeks to several months, i assume he does not have that, as i also read it would likely require surgery.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hoping we call up Schroeder while Higgens is out. I'm more confident in:

Hansen-Roy-Kesler
Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian

Than I am

Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Weise-Roy-Hansen

yoss

May 25, 2011
5-0 Van, 2 goals and an assist for Roy. Higgins with another goal, and the other two are Sedinery based efforts. That is my prediction. I will however accept a greater goal total for Van.

2 points at the least. Hopefully Nucks don't get complacent facing all these mediocre teams lately.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
5-0 Van, 2 goals and an assist for Roy. Higgins with another goal, and the other two are Sedinery based efforts. That is my prediction. I will however accept a greater goal total for Van.

2 points at the least. Hopefully Nucks don't get complacent facing all these mediocre teams lately.

Assisted by Tanev!

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Hoping we call up Schroeder while Higgens is out. I'm more confident in:

Hansen-Roy-Kesler
Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian

Than I am

Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Weise-Roy-Hansen

I am to, but knowing the canucks it will be the one we like less.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I would go:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen
Raymond-Roy-Weise
Sestito-Lapierre-Pinnizzotto

Just for kicks and to see how Raymond and Roy do together. It would be nice to know what options we have come playoff time. Probably don't want to split up that top line right now though.
I love it for this reason alone.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
I'm actually lookin forward to seeing how Weise does playing with a real playmaker.

Who knows he might surprise us.

:) He did tear up the dutch league during the lockout.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I may not be able to use the T.V to watch them game tmrw:rant: but I was wondering does anyone know any streams on the internet??? also I don't want any of those survey sites or whatever. If you guys could provide one it would be appreciated thanks.:)

Last edited:

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
This was the description i came across.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/health_a-z_detail.asp?AZ=276

Like other types of sprains, knee sprains are classified according to a grading system:

Grade I (mild) — This injury stretches the ligament, which causes microscopic tears in the ligament. These tiny tears don't significantly affect the overall ability of the knee joint to support your weight.
Grade II (moderate) — The ligament is partially torn, and there is some mild to moderate instability (or periodic giving out) of the knee while standing or walking.
Grade III (severe) — The ligament is torn completely or separated at its end from the bone, and the knee is more unstable.

Another website claims

http://www.slideshare.net/jameskzane/sprained-knee-recovery-time

grade 1-few days to a week of down time

grade 2-one week to a month

And grade 3 you can imagine several weeks to several months, i assume he does not have that, as i also read it would likely require surgery.

Wow this is neat. I am guessing he has a grade 2 or between grade 1 and 2 thank goodness it wasn't a grade 3 or he would be finished for the season and playoffs.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
Our point rivals aren't doing too good. :) First time this year I've felt slightly comfortable about our playoff position.

Still can't let our guard down though.

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
It works out for everyone and I mean everyone if Canucks get a breezy win (like 2 or 3-0). Flames will draft Mackinnon or Droiun. Canucks maintain confidence even without Higgins and Tanev.

Man brutal injuries! this is why us fans wanted some depth on d.

Crazy looking 1-2 years back and now realizing how effective players like Higgins and Tanev are now.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Our point rivals aren't doing too good. :) First time this year I've felt slightly comfortable about our playoff position.

Still can't let our guard down though.

99.7% chance to make the playoffs. 79% of finishing 2 or 3 in the west. I'm feeling so groovy about those numbers I'm off to get a lava lamp.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Nothing makes me more upset than people hating Ebbett, and still having no reason to hate him right now.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Nothing makes me more upset than people hating Ebbett, and still having no reason to hate him right now.

Meh I don't think people have anything personal against Ebbet. It's just the fact he should nowhere be near a contending teams top 9. Schroeder does everything better IMO. But can't blame Ebbet for AV's decesions.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

By that logic there is no reason to hate Barker, or Alberts either, but we all do because it is frustrating watching scrubs play regular roles, even in our injury situation.

SpecialK139

Bo Hor-fat
Aug 8, 2012
Burnaby
Wow this is neat. I am guessing he has a grade 2 or between grade 1 and 2 thank goodness it wasn't a grade 3 or he would be finished for the season and playoffs.

Depends on the ligament too. LCL/MCL are a little easier to come back from than ACL/PCL. most likely to be MCL or ACL though if its a sports injury. i don't suppose anybody has a vid of where the injury happened?

In any case, ligament damage sucks because you basically have to just let it heal before you can do anything to it. not like a muscle strain where you can rehab the hell out of it at appropriate intensities.

Good speculation though. there's a 99.9% chance it's a grade II. Grade I and he'd be playing through it/back tonight. Grade III he'd be having surgery and ending his season

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Kuzma did claim he seen him post game and he looked fine walking around and even spoke to him and he was upset about not scoring, kuzma figured it swelled over night, I dont know if that means anything or gives us any indication.

You know who could shed some light on it is higgins brother, but I have not seen him on here since he signed the contract.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Kuzma did claim he seen him post game and he looked fine walking around and even spoke to him and he was upset about not scoring, kuzma figured it swelled over night, I dont know if that means anything or gives us any indication.

You know who could shed some light on it is higgins brother, but I have not seen him on here since he signed the contract.

would be pretty funny if chris scolded at him for it :sarcasm:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Meh I don't think people have anything personal against Ebbet. It's just the fact he should nowhere be near a contending teams top 9. Schroeder does everything better IMO. But can't blame Ebbet for AV's decesions.

I know it's nothing personal, they hate Ebbett the player, when the hate isn't fair to Ebbett. You nailed what I was going to say in your last sentence, which has been something I've been saying for a while now in Ebbett's defence. It's not Ebbett's fault he isn't a player AV wants him to be or become. AV is setting Ebbett up for failure, and we act as if Ebbett is the one to blame here?

When he's playing a limited fourth line role, he's a fine player, it's when you increase his role and minutes when he's not able to do so, and expect him to do well in that role, is beyond unfair to me.

It's equivalent to putting Barker in the top four, and expecting him to play like Edler, Bieksa etc. :shakehead Extremely unfair. The Ebbett hate is ridiculous.

By that logic there is no reason to hate Barker, or Alberts either, but we all do because it is frustrating watching scrubs play regular roles, even in our injury situation.

See above. It's not as if Barker and Alberts are playing a top four role, or getting PP time whatever. They just plain suck.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

He's probably partying on some around the world cruise after the extension. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->