Pre-Game Talk: GAME #40 - Canucks @ Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
This is so out of nowhere for Higgins. He was flying last night and now he's a maybe for the playoffs?

I think it's just Tanev he's referring to as unsure about the playoffs... but I could be wrong. Very unclear.

I wish Chris's brother could shed a little light on this for us. But given the time of year and how teams like to keep injuries quite he probably shouldn't.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
THIS is EXACTLY what I was worried about, and you guys laughed at me saying it was a disaster we did not pick up another D-man.

What now huh?

What a complete joke our front office is, Gillis needs to be 100% responsible for not picking up another D.

People laugh at you for over-reacting, calling for peoples heads, consistently saying this team isn't playoff calibre, blah blah blah. All you do is over-react, and it's evident by the Red, upgraded sized fonts you're using.

We never laughed at you for saying we should've picked up a depth D. In fact, I'm almost positive that everyone wanted one on deadline day.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
People laugh at you for over-reacting, calling for peoples heads, consistently saying this team isn't playoff calibre, blah blah blah. All you do is over-react, and it's evident by the Red, upgraded sized fonts you're using.

We never laughed at you for saying we should've picked up a depth D. In fact, I'm almost positive that everyone wanted one on deadline day.
Over reacting huh. Look at our playoff d

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I've had this theory that they are faking injuries to rest guys.

By having tanev and higgins be out for a whole 5 games on a road trip that could very well determine whether we seal third place or not?

If it was just faking, I could understand a game or two to rest...but 5 games? (not including the games tanev's already missed)

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
If I had to guess it would be that Staph infection is back for Higgy. Hope I'm wrong.

AV denied it.

I'm hoping this is the team's plan in action of being extra cautious with important players towards the end of a shortened season.

The team only needs 5-6 points to secure a spot.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
By having tanev and higgins be out for a whole 5 games on a road trip that could very well determine whether we seal third place or not?

If it was just faking, I could understand a game or two to rest...but 5 games? (not including the games tanev's already missed)

Yeah, I don't think there is any faking. My hope is that they are just trying not to take any chances and have these guys 100% for the start of the post-season.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
AV denied it.

I'm hoping this is the team's plan in action of being extra cautious with important players towards the end of a shortened season.

Minny on their tails, Anaheim within striking distance.

Not a great time to be sitting people out to be extra cautious I think

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Over reacting huh. Look at our playoff d

What about it? That wasn't my point. I just stated that getting a depth D was important and what we were all hoping for.

So while what you say is true (our depth is weak), my point was that all you do is over-react and that's why your opinions aren't nearly taken as seriously as they could be. Vindicating yourself by huge red fonted words saying "I WAS RIGHT!!! THATS WHAT YOU GUYS GET FOR LAUGHING AT ME", doesn't make anyone want to take you any more seriously.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Good thing is that we have centers now less pressure on the defense than before. Not good news by any stretch but we are still better off then we were a week ago. The d did well last night overall. I think Alberts is even useful against non elite players. Ballard will likely get better. As long as Tanev can return in good form it is a small problem. Losing Kesler was a biggggg problem. In the 2010-11 season and last year we lost a lot of important d men and kept going forward. Even last year Aaron Rome played a ton of games without stopping the team from winning.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
O.O

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS?!

Seriously, this team is cursed. Higgins had one the best games of his career and ends up injured. We need to start bubble wrapping everyone.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
AV denied it.

Well that's good news. Higgins was fine post game in his interview so it's hard to speculate about whats wrong with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad