Post-Game Talk: GAME 40 - A bad overtime in the desert - Coyotes 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
How many times did Jack mention Coyle at the face offs dot tonight? I didn't hear him mention Beecher once.

The love fest for Coyle is puke inducing he sucked tonight
I thought he was okay in the defensive zone but he definitely sucked offensively. Seemed like Marchand and DeBrusk were the only ones giving a damn. Probably a few others but those two stuck out

Reactions: Gordoff

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
OK.

How about softest Bruins team compared to the rest of the NHL that we have ever seen?

I can buy that.
Nah. This is probably the softest Bruins team we've ever iced. We've got 1 defenseman that will sometimes throw a body check and one forward who will sometimes throw a hit.

Right.

That's what the opinion of one's own opinion usually is.
Grzelcyk sucks. It's not "my opinion" that he sucks. He sucks.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
A good few years back (can’t remember which season) I’d read/hear fans of other teams post-game talk (win or lose) about how it was the best game they’ve seen this season. Post Christmas, that motif is reappearing. As Bruins fans we have a different view (For sure) but from a purely entertainment aspect, the Bruins are one of those ‘fun’ teams that bring out the best in their opponents and the game. Fandom aside, it’s been a good few weeks of fun hockey.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So how ironic that a guy like Forbort is considered to have a good game when we “don’t notice “ him, but when he’s not playing at all, we do notice. Such is the life of a defensive stay home defenseman.
I can tell you that his teammates do notice (and appreciate) him.

Any word on when he will return?

1704908828384.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Gotcha. It's amazing how much I've forgotten about that series.! LOL And all I could come up with for Gloria was Them or U2. And here I am, a supposed music trivia champ! I feel shame
I hate that song now, it didn't really bother me one way or another before but now I have to turn it off if it happens to come up.

I also have the good songs that remind me of the Bruins in 2011, especially Fragile Bird by City and Colour and Howlin' For You by the Black Keys - both were used in CBC intros when we played the Nucks. I absolutely love to hear those two.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Bruins weren't playing terribly as a whole but didn't play the good, simple hockey of the night before. Too many forced fancy moves and passes that didn't work. Shoot the puck. Capitalize on rebounds. Although they lost in Colorado, it worked.

Pasta looking a bit worn out...guess having a newborn will do that.

I'm coming around on Wotherspoon. He could be a legit #5 guy if he continues to play like this without making stupid mistakes. Dude just needs to get a bit tougher.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
It’s mostly people concerned about injuries during the game or a mention of Carlo’s injury from last game ..

People expressing their emotions after Pasta missing on two breakaway attempts in OT sure some are getting carried away but why wouldn’t this be a discussion after a OT loss ?
Even I thought his first attempt was weak in fact it probably would’ve missed the net even tho Ingram gloved it.. IF he tried slipping it 5 hole then yeah I would’ve said two great attempts just a great save and unlucky on the post shot.

Others are pushing the soft agenda when there was nothing to warrant it in this game but I do get why they want more toughness on the roster.

Winning will always have less convo in discussions cause people will just agree they played good or have been playing good enough and if they mentioning anything bad during that time they’ll just get ripped cause they won or have been winning.
The Gatekeepers vs The Miserables here after a loss is generally must read internet.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
After a game in which the Bruins converted on 50% of their Powerplays, it might seem odd to nitpick - but I continue to have an issue with the first unit, and specifically with one player.

Over each team's respective most recent ten games:

Hampus Lindholm leads THE ENTIRE NHL in on-ice PP Goals For per 60.*

Charlie McAvoy ranks 169th.

Over the Bruins last seven games, McAvoy has been on the ice for 1 PP goal. Lindholm has been on for 6 in approx. half the ice time of McAvoy.

Can the Bruins please try Lindholm on PP1?

*Minimum 4 games played with over 1 minute average of PP time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad