Post-Game Talk: GAME 40 - A bad overtime in the desert - Coyotes 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Jack's schtick is getting real old. Every time a Bruin player gets nicked, its murder.

It's getting harder and harder to have the volume on.
yep, the old "the threshold has been set" line

I`ve been a supporter of Jack for a long time, totally get he`s a homer and totally get that, from time to time, his rants went over the top but he`s simply no longer sharp, missing elements during the broadcast he once picked up easily

Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
this is NOT the place for a well thought out and realistic post:sarcasm:
:laugh: So true

yep, the old "the threshold has been set" line

I`ve been a supporter of Jack for a long time, totally get he`s a homer and totally get that, from time to time, his rants went over the top but he`s simply no longer sharp, missing elements during the broadcast he once picked up easily
I feel for Jack, but it is time. I don't hear NESN for the home games, but he was rough lats night. It has to be tough for Brick.

Last week (late at night) I had an old Bs game on and Jack was so quick and had all kinds of interesting facts about both teams. What a difference now.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Only thing I am upset about is O'Brien jumping Frederic. They square off and Liam is eating his Lucky Charms through a straw this morning.

sometimes it really is as simple as that.

Sure.

Bruins should have traded Ullmark to get help up front while they could, he won't be able to be traded now if he is out long term.

Is it Monday morming?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
this is where we needed lucic.
obrien was even chirping the whole bench later on in the game.
O'Brien and pretty much any other tougher guy in the league knows they can have their way with this team.

O'Brien is a glorified punching bag, too. That's what makes it even more pathetic. It's like a slightly better Gregory Campbell doing this to the Bruins. I'm just trying to imagine past Bruins teams allowing this to happen... and... well, I can't. Why? Because either A - Said player wouldn't do it knowing who was on the bench, or B - If they did, they'd be filled in next shift.

People want to keep ignoring that this team is the softest Bruins team we've ever iced.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Biggest problem with this team may just be that they are bad when the game is on the line. Physicality, size, speed, doesn't matter if that is the case.

Pasta played 27:11 last night. Long shifts don't usually end well. Hence, a -3 for the night.

Wotherspoon played 21:28, signincantly more than Grzelyck, Lohrei and Shattenkirk.

Big goal by Debrusk, contnues to produce since the break.

With one shot, Boqvist went from "not an NHL player" to "should have used him in OT".

Last edited:

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I hope Linus recovers quickly. Also hope they give him all the time he needs. I felt he was playing injured in the playoffs last seaso and never understood why they didn't; play Sway then.
A winning combo all regular season then dump that strategy duringring playoffs never did make sense to me .

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
this is where we needed lucic.
obrien was even chirping the whole bench later on in the game.
While they do need to be tougher, this O’Brien chirping the bench was actually started by the Bruins bench. He looked like a goof going off sides and the bench was yapping at him about it. He responded back.

They don’t need a knuckle dragger that can’t play hockey. They need more of a rugged top 6 player, at least one or two of them. Like Iginla/tkachuk mold type. Not easy to find

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Biggest problem with this team may just be that they are bad when the game is on the line. Physicality, size, speed, doesn't matter if that is the case.

Pasta played 27:11 last night. Long shifts don't usually end well. Hence, a -3 for the night.

Wotherspoon played 21:28, signincantly more than Grzelyck, Lohrei and Shattenkirk.

With one shot, Boqvist went from "not an NHL player" to "should have used him OT".
Wasn’t just the goal he played an overall better game I thought.Also 2-7 in OT so why not really at this point would be willing to try just about anything,off course face off losse also are a big reason for their record with possession being so important 3-3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

With one shot, Boqvist went from "not an NHL player" to "should have used him OT".
The Bs are doing better than most thought they would. Having Linus and Sway helps.

Now, being short d men doesn't help.

Is it true that Forbort is skating? Sure could use him.

While they do need to be tougher, this O’Brien chirping the bench was actually started by the Bruins bench. He looked like a goof going off sides and the bench was yapping at him about it. He responded back.

They don’t need a knuckle dragger that can’t play hockey. They need more of a rugged top 6 player, at least one or two of them. Like Iginla/tkachuk mold type. Not easy to find
I wish things had worked out with Lucic. For a 4th line player, he looked pretty good for the short time he was playing this season.

I wonder if he is skating?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
We expect to have Forbort and Carlo for this tough stretch of games here? That would be amazing

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
5 pages the morning after a loss.

Typical.

Guess I’ll be avoiding this pgdt now. These people are nowhere to be found after a 4 game win streak lmao.

Sheesh
It’s mostly people concerned about injuries during the game or a mention of Carlo’s injury from last game ..

People expressing their emotions after Pasta missing on two breakaway attempts in OT sure some are getting carried away but why wouldn’t this be a discussion after a OT loss ?
Even I thought his first attempt was weak in fact it probably would’ve missed the net even tho Ingram gloved it.. IF he tried slipping it 5 hole then yeah I would’ve said two great attempts just a great save and unlucky on the post shot.

Others are pushing the soft agenda when there was nothing to warrant it in this game but I do get why they want more toughness on the roster.

Winning will always have less convo in discussions cause people will just agree they played good or have been playing good enough and if they mentioning anything bad during that time they’ll just get ripped cause they won or have been winning.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bruins plus/minus leaders:

Carlo +15
Heinen +12
Frederic +10
Forbort +9
Debrusk +8

Bottom of plus/minus barrel:

Lauko -6
Beecher -6
Lohrei -5
Shattenkirk -3

Looks like the top guys are all someone's whipping boys.

Bottom guys are the usual bottom guys. Should be a feather in his cap for Steen, being even while being on the ice so much with that bunch. Also at even, Marchand, McAvoy and Zacha.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
O'Brien and pretty much any other tougher guy in the league knows they can have their way with this team.

O'Brien is a glorified punching bag, too. That's what makes it even more pathetic. It's like a slightly better Gregory Campbell doing this to the Bruins. I'm just trying to imagine past Bruins teams allowing this to happen... and... well, I can't. Why? Because either A - Said player wouldn't do it knowing who was on the bench, or B - If they did, they'd be filled in next shift.

People want to keep ignoring that this team is the softest Bruins team we've ever iced.

Most teams in the NHL today are icing their softest team ever.

Reactions: BergyWho37

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad