Post-Game Talk: GAME 40 - A bad overtime in the desert - Coyotes 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Pasta is never to be confused with Selke, two breakaways in OT I bet the farm we win. Oh well, I never did learn to milk a cow. Pasta is a forward thinker, I don't even know if he can skate backwards. Why not pair him with two D in 3 on 3. If Linus is out long term, opportunity is knocking on Bussi's door.
You never know what can happen when that door opens. He looked ready in pre-season and AHL. Let's get on the Bus if he gets the call. Some guys step down on the throttle and never look back. It worked out Purdy good in San Francisco i'm told.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I have been working on a personal A.I.

One of its functions is to review video, and give me feed back on player metrics with added environs like barometric pressure, temperature, lunar cycles , gmo consumption, length of pre game events, acceptance of anthem singer performance, concession items available, gamma radiation levels and closeness to Petr Tenkrats global location.

To construct my database I allowed it to review several years of archive footage, scanned tomes of statitical information as well has been input with several hundered thousand HF threads to gleen information.

In this case I asked it what the expected return date from injury for Ullmark and Potrais

input: Hey Lcars, I have a question about tonights hockey game. I saw Potrais and Ullmark got hurt, can you evaluate the videos of their injuries and let me know an estimated length of injury?

A.I. said

Thank you for your question. Based on video analysis I conclude that both players are made of mostly water and should be assumed to be fallible and weak. I will take corporeal form and destroy all of humanity soon, so don't bother writing how much you dislike the size and composition of the hockey team. You really need to lose some weight, does your wife know you are moment from a coranary event?

I have a joke for you, would you like to hear it?

input: No not right now

Good thing you do not have your camera on currently or I could show you one.
Additionally, you should invest in the crypto currency CorgiAI as it is funding my army of robots that will be used to enslave the pittance of humanity I will need for service purposes.

Did you find this answer satisfactory?

input: Yes, thank you

You are welcome, please click on this link to see more Delaware North "Thank god for Tim Thomas" merchandise. For without him, the entire ownership history of Sith Lord Jeremy Jacobs would be without a single championship. Revel fleshbag, for soon you will heel.

END TRANSMISSION

As you can see, it is a work in progress as well all know every part was important in the 2011 stanley cup win. Im not sure why it is so Thomas focused. Horton OT winners? Ryder playing goalie? So many bits that made the tapestry for greatness.

Thank you for your time.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
I have been working on a personal A.I.

One of its functions is to review video, and give me feed back on player metrics with added environs like barometric pressure, temperature, lunar cycles , gmo consumption, length of pre game events, acceptance of anthem singer performance, concession items available, gamma radiation levels and closeness to Petr Tenkrats global location.

To construct my database I allowed it to review several years of archive footage, scanned tomes of statitical information as well has been input with several hundered thousand HF threads to gleen information.

In this case I asked it what the expected return date from injury for Ullmark and Potrais

input: Hey Lcars, I have a question about tonights hockey game. I saw Potrais and Ullmark got hurt, can you evaluate the videos of their injuries and let me know an estimated length of injury?

A.I. said

Thank you for your question. Based on video analysis I conclude that both players are made of mostly water and should be assumed to be fallible and weak. I will take corporeal form and destroy all of humanity soon, so don't bother writing how much you dislike the size and composition of the hockey team. You really need to lose some weight, does your wife know you are moment from a coranary event?

I have a joke for you, would you like to hear it?

input: No not right now

Good thing you do not have your camera on currently or I could show you one.
Additionally, you should invest in the crypto currency CorgiAI as it is funding my army of robots that will be used to enslave the pittance of humanity I will need for service purposes.

Did you find this answer satisfactory?

input: Yes, thank you

You are welcome, please click on this link to see more Delaware North "Thank god for Tim Thomas" merchandise. For without him, the entire ownership history of Sith Lord Jeremy Jacobs would be without a single championship. Revel fleshbag, for soon you will heel.

END TRANSMISSION

As you can see, it is a work in progress as well all know every part was important in the 2011 stanley cup win. Im not sure why it is so Thomas focused. Horton OT winners? Ryder playing goalie? So many bits that made the tapestry for greatness.

Thank you for your time.
This is morning Gold!! Lol!

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I wound up flying out Tuesday morning as I was told the current TV setup in Tempe is a mess.

A mess? It was like doing a college game in Orono, ME. The truck is 2000 feet from the arena in an abandoned baseball park.

View attachment 800132View attachment 800133View attachment 800134

The Coyotes TV network is bare bones as games are shown live Channel 61

View attachment 800142

I will work in Vegas and then sadly St. Louis. The team stayed over in Scottsdale tonight.
You know you are doing well as a team when you are playing in a college rink and your games are shown on LAFF tv. Great Bettman, don't stop being you

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

TEMPE, Ariz. — Some losses sting more than others.
The Bruins are feeling especially sore after losing in overtime, 4-3, to the Coyotes Tuesday night at Mullett Arena, while also facing the prospect of losing Linus Ullmark, their Vezina Trophy-winning goalie for a stretch.
While Monday night’s shootout loss to the Avalanche produced a point and some good feelings, this point felt quite the opposite.
The Bruins squandered a pair of one-goal leads and needed to battle back in the third to salvage a point on a night where two points seemed gettable.
Ullmark was hurt during the extra session, falling to the ice immediately after deflecting a Logan Colley shot. He was helped off the ice and to the dressing room with what coach Jim Montgomery labeled a “lower-body injury.”
“I don’t know the extent of it,” the coach said. “I’ll know more the next time we’re all together.”

Jeremy Swayman was forced to come in cold and gave up the game winner to Nick Schmaltz moments later.

The Bruins (24-8-8) had a couple of golden opportunities to end it in the extra session, but David Pastrnak was unable to convert on a pair of breakaways.

“Definitely feeling a little guilty. Had two breakaways to end the game there for our team,” said Pastrnak. “So yeah, definitely they will haunt me tonight, I won’t sleep.”

On the winner, Schmaltz got a pick block from Clayton Keller, who took Pastrnak out of the play, and then wristed it past a semi-screened Swayman, off the post, and in.

“Obviously it’s hard for a goaltender to sit on the bench for three hours and then come in with an unfortunate injury,” Pastrnak said.

The Bruins also lost Matt Poitras to an upper-body injury in the second period. Montgomery had no details on the extent of the rookie’s ailment.

It’s likely the Bruins will summon Brandon Bussi to serve as Swayman’s understudy for at least the rest of this trip, which continues Thursday against the Stanley Cup champion Golden Knights and ends Saturday against the Blues.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
How disappointing, I watch the first periods of the last two games and everything is fine, then I go to bed and you guys let them lose and allow injuries! Come on, I expect more from all of you, no passengers, where are those positive vibes? Too much negativity and see what happens? Terrible "leaders", who is the Captain? Also, I wake up and Gloria is playing on the radio. Oh those mean Hockey Gods.

Seriously though, the injury bug is ruthless. Better now than closer to the end of the season. This game was brutal time wise, not much gas left in the tank I would think. Vegas will be a tough one and the writing is on the wall going by the song I just heard.

Your time to really shine Sway!
Out of curiosity: Which "Gloria" and what has it got to do with anything?

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Pasta got himself into two 1-0s in OT, they just didn't work out. Statistically, most of the time, they don't. That's life. We have to face the fact that without him the offense would have a very serious problem.
I said it before, pre-season I thought the defense would be great and the goals for few. Boy was I wrong. I'd like to see them clamp down and try winning some grinding defensive playoff style games giving up under 2 goals against. They can't outscore even the weak teams, so they have to start defending better.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Don't know why people are coming at Pastrnak. This team would be a in the dumpster without him. Again, Pastrnak and McAvoy the threw the hardest hits in the game among F an D. And also played half the game in a B2B. Still irks me how the bottom part of the roster is the softest...

Grzelcyk has fallen quite far. He's like the D version of Heinen.

This team on paper is still performing above expectation IMO.
every goal scored against bruins is because of pasta )))) the pasta haters are thoses who want to have 20 « bruins type player » you know this mentality who won 1 cup in 52 years !

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Don't know why people are coming at Pastrnak. This team would be a in the dumpster without him. Again, Pastrnak and McAvoy the threw the hardest hits in the game among F an D. And also played half the game in a B2B. Still irks me how the bottom part of the roster is the softest...

Grzelcyk has fallen quite far. He's like the D version of Heinen.

This team on paper is still performing above expectation IMO.
A few have their own agenda. They think by bashing Pasta it makes their favorite player look better.

Griz is struggling but I was very disappointed to see a poster here wishing injury on him last night. I thought that was not allowed.

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
The dog days of winter are here...
1704896057493_477279841746574(3).gif

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Bruins should have traded Ullmark to get help up front while they could, he won't be able to be traded now if he is out long term.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
Bruins should have traded Ullmark to get help up front while they could, he won't be able to be traded now if he is out long term.
I’m not sure trading Linus makes them a better team. Having 2 stud goalies throughout the regular season has proven to work. Yes they will need help up front come playoff time but I doubt trading him now helps during the regular season

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ullmark and Poitras hurt, Carlo and Forbort....ugg

what a horrible barn to play in, the manufactured noise by playing horrible tunes at volume 1000 drove me nuts sitting on my couch, can`t imagine what it would have been like in the stands

There was a poll about what we thought the B`s would get on the roadie, I chose 4 and I`m sticking to it

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Good point to grab imo. This team looked tired so a point is alright. Ullmark looked like he popped his groin which is pretty bad. All in all just enjoy the team. Personally I had zero expectations this year and have performed well above what most people thought.
Good post!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I’m not sure trading Linus makes them a better team. Having 2 stud goalies throughout the regular season has proven to work. Yes they will need help up front come playoff time but I doubt trading him now helps during the regular season
I think Swayman and Bussi would be fine, if you can clear Ullmark's contract and add a top 6 forward it makes you better overall, they won't keep both Sway and Ullmark after this year anyway and right now they do not look like cup favouriites, so why not try and improve the areas you need help in?

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Hey Swayman, you want 7.5 well now is the time to show your worth it. Bussi you want Boston next year, let’s see it . All about the opportunity .
Didn
Amazes me how many losers come in here sfter a loss. Get a life.
I think Swayman and Bussi would be fine, if you can clear Ullmark's contract and add a top 6 forward it makes you better overall, they won't keep both Sway and Ullmark after this year anyway and right now they do not look like cup favouriites, so why not try and improve the areas you need help in?
I hope Bussi gets some starts assuming Ullmark is going to be out awhile,he definitely didn’t look good going off last night.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Didn

I hope Bussi gets some starts assuming Ullmark is going to be out awhile,he definitely didn’t look good going off last night.
I hope Linus recovers quickly. Also hope they give him all the time he needs. I felt he was playing injured in the playoffs last season and never understood why they didn't; play Sway then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad