Post-Game Talk: GAME 40 - A bad overtime in the desert - Coyotes 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Biggest concern s not the goalie situation, but the D corp. who already not playing good, we have Carlo out...Grze not playing nhl standard for a while, Lindholm far from great, Lohrei cleary not ready for nhl, and the bottom pairing s nearer ahl than nhl caliber...scary interesting next weeks to come

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Biggest concern s not the goalie situation, but the D corp. who already not playing good, we have Carlo out...Grze not playing nhl standard for a while, Lindholm far from great, Lohrei cleary not ready for nhl, and the bottom pairing s nearer ahl than nhl caliber...scary interesting next weeks to come
agree.
lindolm especially.
lets keller score that first goal.
cant pass for shit. simple stretch pass to give us a 2 on 0 or 2 on 1 and he ices it.

Reactions: Gordoff

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I don't like St. Louis. It was painful watching them on the Garden ice with the cup.

I also like Van Morrison's Gloria best!

My band in HS played the Shadows of Knight version, b/c we didn't have an organ. I'll never forget our first gig, at our own HS after a BB game. That was our first song. Our classmates crowded the stage; that made me so nervous my hands froze. My bandmates whispered my name a couple of times and said, "You have to start it!" Well, after the second time, my right hand started strumming, and I still play. They had me stand up and tell that story at our 50th reunion.

Always start my 6 string sessions now (I play my Ricky 12 on alternate days) with Them/Van Morrison's Here Comes the Night. I always end with Here Comes the Sun. Perfect symmetry. :cool:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My band in HS played the Shadows of Knight version, b/c we didn't have an organ. I'll never forget our first gig, at our own HS after a BB game. That was our first song. Our classmates crowded the stage; that made me so nervous my hands froze. My bandmates whispered my name a couple of times and said, "You have to start it!" Well, after the second time, my right hand started strumming, and I still play. They had me stand up and tell that story at our 50th reunion.

Always start my 6 string sessions now (I play my Ricky 12 on alternate days) with Them/Van Morrison's Here Comes the Night. I always end with Here Comes the Sun. Perfect symmetry. :cool:

Reactions: hrdpuk

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks! I have his greatest hits album. Love it.
I have a few. The Moondance album is excellent as is Astral Weeks
1704930168517.png

1704930193291.png

Reactions: hrdpuk

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
McAvoy with that delayed entry on the PP drives me nuts.
Forwards drop pass at our Blue Line drives me Nuts

Any news on Ullmark
He's day to day

I’ve been there. It holds 4500. Also, feels even smaller. Seats all the way around from glass. Essentially one low bowl. Bleacher stadium seats on one end. Weird atmosphere for NHL game. One entrance. Only a few concessions stands. Beer stands. Smack dab in the middle of ASU campus. Football and baseball stadium nearby. Not much parking. You might walk 20 minutes. And through a maze of mixed up buildings and students.
Who really give at F**k about Arizona other that Bettman???

Reactions: bob77

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Aaaand for all the music lovers in this thread, how about we move the discussion to the music or Ot threads. Gracias

Reactions: Gordoff

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Just watched the game, a day late (and a dollar short).

Having read this thread, I was expecting much worse. How many games over this season and last did the B's snatch victory from the jaws of defeat due to miraculous goaltending?

The shoe was on the other foot in Arizona; or rather the skate. Ingram's skate to be more specific. Call it puck luck, getting the bounce, or whatever. Arizona got it. Coyle's shot hit Ingram's skate, then the post, and somehow stayed out. It happens, and both ways I might add.

It felt like a Bruins home game, which isn't a good look for the league.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Just watched the game, a day late (and a dollar short).

Having read this thread, I was expecting much worse. How many games over this season and last did the B's snatch victory from the jaws of defeat due to miraculous goaltending?

The shoe was on the other foot in Arizona; or rather the skate. Ingram's skate to be more specific. Call it puck luck, getting the bounce, or whatever. Arizona got it. Coyle's shot hit Ingram's skate, then the post, and somehow stayed out. It happens, and both ways I might add.

It felt like a Bruins home game, which isn't a good look for the league.

Yeah it wasn't a bad game, all things considered. Think the Ullmark injury and dropping a point after Pasta failed to convert two breakaways soured things in the immediate aftermath of the game. Otherwise not the worst effort. Lots of bounces went the Bruins' way last season, this year their luck is more even. That's the way it goes.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Look on the bright side- the Bruins don't play their home games in a DCR arena for drunken college kids :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad