Post-Game Talk: GAME 40 - A bad overtime in the desert - Coyotes 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bulkhead.

Thank God for the shop vac.

I literally filled the thing.
Shop vac's are a necessity especially if you have an unfinished basement. Not having a bulkhead was what saved our basement from extreme flooding from the golf course run off growing up.

I hope you're able to find a fix even if it is temporary.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Looks like 2 pages of people bitching at the people that post after a loss.Lol
Pretty much. And then you cant critique or criticize any player after said loss.

There were many instances where we could of won. It just didn't work out. The effort was there. So you can't be too mad. Its a grueling trip. Just hope Brando and Carlo and Potsy will be okay.

Let Linus take all the time to heal. Don't rush him back. We need him. Seeing him get hurt was awful. He made incredible saves.

Reactions: hrdpuk and BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Groin or back. Take your pick for Linus's injury.
Did he reinjure himself with the same injury (never disclosed) from last year's playoffs which obviously wrecked his mobi.
Pretty much. And then you cant critique or criticize any player after said loss.

There were many instances where we could of won. It just didn't work out. The effort was there. So you can't be too mad. Its a grueling trip. Just hope Brando and Carlo and Potsy will be okay.

Let Linus take all the time to heal. Don't rush him back. We need him. Seeing him get hurt was awful. He made incredible saves.

After last season I don’t put to much emotion into these regular season games win or lose ,the injuries last night are worrisome,didn’t like the looks of either of them going off,will be pleasantly surprised if both not long term injuries groin or back ,and shoulder,have had a dislocated and separated shoulder,his posture looked really familiar.But I know I shouldn’t be pretending to be a doctor.I guess we should be finding out something today?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
After last season I don’t put to much emotion into these regular season games win or lose ,the injuries last night are worrisome,didn’t like the looks of either of them going off,will be pleasantly surprised if both not long term injuries groin or back ,and shoulder,have had a dislocated and separated shoulder,his posture looked really familiar.But I know I shouldn’t be pretending to be a doctor.I guess we should be finding out something today?
I'm with you.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
After a game in which the Bruins converted on 50% of their Powerplays, it might seem odd to nitpick - but I continue to have an issue with the first unit, and specifically with one player.

Over each team's respective most recent ten games:

Hampus Lindholm leads THE ENTIRE NHL in on-ice PP Goals For per 60.*

Charlie McAvoy ranks 169th.

Over the Bruins last seven games, McAvoy has been on the ice for 1 PP goal. Lindholm has been on for 6 in approx. half the ice time of McAvoy.

Can the Bruins please try Lindholm on PP1?

*Minimum 4 games played with over 1 minute average of PP time.
McAvoy with that delayed entry on the PP drives me nuts.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
@Fenway How is that venue in AZ? Wanted to make the road trip over. Been too busy at work. Just think it would be a unique place to watch an NHL game. Tough loss in many ways.
Did that when I went to England last spring. Wanted to go to a couple of smaller old grounds build in (Crystal Palace and Everton both 1926),) in addition to Old Trafford and Anfield (also went to London Stadium which is new and sucks as a soccer venue). That is what is great about Fenway, sitting on top of the action, no where you sit unless it's behind a pole.

Reactions: BMC

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
How many times did Jack mention Coyle at the face offs dot tonight? I didn't hear him mention Beecher once.

The love fest for Coyle is puke inducing he sucked tonight
I like Coyle very much, but he's slow and they love him because he's local. Ever notice how Jack ball washes every player, coach, or water boy on the opposition who has even the most tenuous NE connection.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I will have you know I studied at the Derek Sanderson school of medicine, professor Sanderson was never wrong when calling a game about an injury after looking for 10 seconds from 2 floors away.

Ullmark has a popped knee or torn groin, Poitras has a dislocated shoulder and Grizlik has been diagnosed with bad hockey playeritis.
True, but he wasn't two floors away, at least at the old Gahden. The first balcony cantilevered over the ice and the broadcast booth was a later addition just under the balcony. I noticed they had the same setup and Everton and pointed it out to my son.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Linus is day to day?

What sorcery is this?
Well...I am pretty sure there are a couple of witches here.

1704920898209.png

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
@Fenway How is that venue in AZ? Wanted to make the road trip over. Been too busy at work. Just think it would be a unique place to watch an NHL game. Tough loss in many ways.
I’ve been there. It holds 4500. Also, feels even smaller. Seats all the way around from glass. Essentially one low bowl. Bleacher stadium seats on one end. Weird atmosphere for NHL game. One entrance. Only a few concessions stands. Beer stands. Smack dab in the middle of ASU campus. Football and baseball stadium nearby. Not much parking. You might walk 20 minutes. And through a maze of mixed up buildings and students.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I’ve been there. It holds 4500. Also, feels even smaller. Seats all the way around from glass. Essentially one low bowl. Bleacher stadium seats on one end. Weird atmosphere for NHL game. One entrance. Only a few concessions stands. Beer stands. Smack dab in the middle of ASU campus. Football and baseball stadium nearby. Not much parking. You might walk 20 minutes. And through a maze of mixed up buildings and students.
What do they charged for a ticket with it only holding that many people

Reactions: Gordoff

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If Linus is day to day, then we really lucked out.

However, Jake Oettinger was day and has been out for weeks.

Just have expectations low and send those prayers and healing vibes to him, Brando, Potsy, and Forbby.

We need good health!

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If Linus is day to day, then we really lucked out.

However, Jake Oettinger was day and has been out for weeks.

Just have expectations low and send those prayers and healing vibes to him, Brando, Potsy, and Forbby.

We need good health!
But Dupon is reporting there wouldn’t be an update till tomorrow so not sure what to believe.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am not into structured religion (too much like brain washing to me) but I am spiritual.
I believe that positive vibes can make a difference. Healing thoughts to our injured can only help, I am a true believer in sending good out into the universe, it is a magical feeling.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad