Post-Game Talk: Game 4: Tampa @ Ottawa 4pm (TSN5)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He moved to the US as an 8 months old. He returned at age 8 to Russia for a few years before returning yet again.

Good to see he's doing well so far with you guys. He's a good guy and can play anywhere in the lineup - although ideally not on your top line. He's very talented and a good skater but lack of "hockey IQ" and vision caused him to become a trade chip eventually for Tampa.

We are starting a collection of that type. :)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Roster move coming tomorrow before Monday’s game? That’s a prediction by the way. My guess is at least one guy gets called up. I would think Brannstrom is sent back. Maybe Lajoie recalled?
Why do you think Brannstrom will be sent down?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Anisimov left injured. DJ probably decided to just roll 3 lines. Both of them had a pretty bad game.
DJ said in the post game presser that TB was rolling three lines and with the Anisimov injury it made it easy for him to do so also.

He also said Anisimov may play Monday

Reactions: Variable26

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Why do you think Brannstrom will be sent down?

Good question. I guess I just haven’t seen a lot from him so far, and because he’s young he may still need more time in the AHL. I haven’t felt he’s been bad, but I haven’t noticed much that he has done so far. Maybe that’s just me though.

How would you assess his play so far?

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
Good question. I guess I just haven’t seen a lot from him so far, and because he’s young he may still need more time in the AHL. I haven’t felt he’s been bad, but I haven’t noticed much that he has done so far. Maybe that’s just me though.

If you don't notice a Dman, that's usually a good thing.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I was at the game today...first time I've seen him play live....nothing I saw today suggests he is going anywhere...he'll gain confidence skating with the puck...and the pass he made to Ryan for the first goal was a beauty

The penalty he took was odd. He clearly got dumped there and ends up with the interference play... I thought that was a brutal call

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I was at the game today...first time I've seen him play live....nothing I saw today suggests he is going anywhere...he'll gain confidence skating with the puck...and the pass he made to Ryan for the first goal was a beauty

The penalty he took was odd. He clearly got dumped there and ends up with the interference play... I thought that was a brutal call

Well, as long as he gets keeps moving in the right direction then he should be here. How do you feel about Hainsey as his partner?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Imagine if Namestnikov breaks out here and nets us a first at the deadline. That'd be so dope. Didn't see the game anyone have thought on his game? Dude had 20+ minutes tonight with tons of special teams play. That's huge.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Well, as long as he gets keeps moving in the right direction then he should be here. How do you feel about Hainsey as his partner?

On the whole I think our D is a big upgrade from last year

Zaitsev looks to me to be >>> Ceci

Off the top of my head I'd guess Lajoie and Jaros played 120 between them last year and even with an injury to Wolanin both find themselves in the A. Demelo is slotted down a bit. I think Hainsey is at the end of the line and that he'll see his ice decrease as the year goes along. I think he's a good insulator for the year.

I got a kick out of DJ referring to him as uncle Ronnie in the post game presser.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Imagine if Namestnikov breaks out here and nets us a first at the deadline. That'd be so dope. Didn't see the game anyone have thought on his game? Dude had 20+ minutes tonight with tons of special teams play. That's huge.
He played very well, obviously won’t keep up the points but he handles the puck well and plays solid 200 foot game. If he keeps it up I bet they look to sign him, they need good older players

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He played very well, obviously won’t keep up the points but he handles the puck well and plays solid 200 foot game. If he keeps it up I bet they look to sign him, they need good older players
You're not wrong but if he's coveted at the TD, I'd hope we won't sit on the asset. We need some quality vets but he's 26 and will likely be looking for a big long term deal if he has a good year. We can get some short term guys like we did this year in free agency.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
On the whole I think our D is a big upgrade from last year

Zaitsev looks to me to be >>> Ceci

Off the top of my head I'd guess Lajoie and Jaros played 120 between them last year and even with an injury to Wolanin both find themselves in the A. Demelo is slotted down a bit. I think Hainsey is at the end of the line and that he'll see his ice decrease as the year goes along. I think he's a good insulator for the year.

I got a kick out of DJ referring to him as uncle Ronnie in the post game presser.

We all agree that Boro still sucks right?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
We all agree that Boro still sucks right?
Boro is Boro. On any given night he can get burned bad but he makes guys pay and he offers up his head as a punching bag quite regularly which I'm sure if your on the team and tend to dislike getting punched in the head you probably appreciate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad