Post-Game Talk: Game 4: Tampa @ Ottawa 4pm (TSN5)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
We all just cannot comprehend or appreciate how much he developed in that 3 minutes yesterday. I think Smith is looking for the Mitch Marner impact out of these callups and the Auston Matthews performance out of the #1C.

No I dont think that's the case. We were up against what might be the best team in the league and we had the better of the play except when those two guys were on. They made it easy to only give them a few minutes and TB rolling 3 lines made it even easier. It's kind of hard to sit on the bench knowing you're taking it the other side except when "that" line goes out. Smith cut their ice, gave his squad a chance to win and they did.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't see how he can get stronger in Belleville than with Ottawa. Do they have a better gym in Belleville?

Frankly I dont give a shit what kind if gym they have in Belleville. They demoted a kid that right now can't deal with the physicality in the league. If and where and when doesn't matter, it only matters that he gets stronger if he wishes to play in the nhl

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
This move does not make much sense, just like it did not make sense when Chlapik had a decent game against the Leafs then scratched the next, then sent down. Batherson only got to play two games and now Abramov played one and barely anythjng in the next.

I hope there is a method to this madness, maybe they are doing it on purpose to let the young players get a taste of the NHL and then basically telling them "now go back and show us why you deserve to stay here".

They might do the same with Brown and Paul soon too.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This move does not make much sense, just like it did not make sense when Chlapik had a decent game against the Leafs then scratched the next, then sent down. Batherson only got to play two games and now Abramov played one and barely anythjng in the next.

I hope there is a method to this madness, maybe they are doing it on purpose to let the young players get a taste of the NHL and then basically telling them "now go back and show us why you deserve to stay here".

They might do the same with Brown and Paul soon too.

Stop with that. The last few years should prove to you this organization knows exactly what they're doing. Don't argue with the genius of Dorion.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We all just cannot comprehend or appreciate how much he developed in that 3 minutes yesterday. I think Smith is looking for the Mitch Marner impact out of these callups and the Auston Matthews performance out of the #1C.
1C is the toughest job in the league
He has to compete with:
Fantasy hockey line top 25 rankings for 2019-20

They gotta give him time to adapt
They dont have any 1C star to compete with the best in the league
White does what he can against those elite players
I think he will find a way

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
So for that he gets no leash? Make a mistake and you're done is the message I guess. Expecting perfection out of kids is what will most likely neuter any kind of offensive risks they take.

Ironic that you mention the bolded yet Boro is always out of position but we never hear a peep from you.

I like the way Boro plays, he hits, he blocks shots, he breaks up plenty of plays, sticks up for teammates & is feared when he is on the ice. It must piss off a lot of people on here that another set of new coaches are praising Boro & playing him regularly again. Why is it that every time something happens to people's favourite player they have to smear Boro because of it?

Who really knows why Abramov was sent down, it may just be that they wanted to have another look at him but felt he isn't quite ready yet & needs more seasoning in the AHL, as simple as that. People here were mostly excited about Mann being the coach in Belleville & now that he is doing similar things to other coaches they aren't happy. Are all of these coaches idiots?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1C is the toughest job in the league
He has to compete with:
Fantasy hockey line top 25 rankings for 2019-20

They gotta give him time to adapt
They dont have any 1C star to compete with the best in the league
White does what he can against those elite players
I think he will find a way

He's their best shot at it right now.. I don't think he's done poorly. It's a lot to ask. so I think he is still there.. still fighting still competing .. he's going to give it his all. I personally think the early criticism in that role is unfair.. if he was a 2RW ..knowing he has some development to do .. who says anything? I think the early criticism coming from Garrioch who is no doubt sent his sound bites and thoughts is unfair. Every player can do better. White will do everything he can to help his team have a chance .,that's the kind of player he is. I think he's improving.. I never expected split the D and top shelf kind of play from him.

Reactions: Alex1234

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I like the way Boro plays, he hits, he blocks shots, he breaks up plenty of plays, sticks up for teammates & is feared when he is on the ice. It must piss off a lot of people on here that another set of new coaches are praising Boro & playing him regularly again. Why is it that every time something happens to people's favourite player they have to smear Boro because of it?

Who really knows why Abramov was sent down, it may just be that they wanted to have another look at him but felt he isn't quite ready yet & needs more seasoning in the AHL, as simple as that. People here were mostly excited about Mann being the coach in Belleville & now that he is doing similar things to other coaches they aren't happy. Are all of these coaches idiots?
No, but they were hired by the same front office, so it's not surprising that they all belong to the same school of thought.

Reactions: God Says No

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I’m getting McDonald’s tomorrow. We will win. Generally when I eat McDonald’s the sens win.

For the record, 60% of my diet for the last decade has been McDonalds (or another form of processed food). I’m still alive.

I know we’re supposed to be tanking, but...

Keep eating that grease and lets win that cup!

Reactions: tardigrade81

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Something I liked when Smith came on board that we heard thru camp was more commonality in play between Ottswa and Belleville in terms of style. Apparently it was an issue when Boucher was here. I think it's a good thing that we've got Mann in Belleville suggesting players to fill a role when the big club needs something.

The Boro comments are at times funny. Best I can figure is people being blinded by their own bias. We won the TB game. We outplayed them handily, quite shockingly. Boro steps up in the neutral zone, separates the man from the puck, there are some coverage issues and a goal is scored. Lots of noise in here about Boro and the limited ice time 2 guys received. Those two guys getting 8 minutes between them is a large part of why we won. In a game where we won the advanced stats apart from the game score, those two guys had CF of 7 and CA against of 14 between them in that limited ice. Giving them more ice would have hurt the cause. Watching Abramov in person is something. He has skill. But he got moved off the puck like a little boy right in front of where I was sitting. He simply can't play in the league regularly until he addresses that.

I remember the year the Leafs tanked and ended up with Matthew's. They had a line up full of scrubs and Morgan Reilly. Nylander spent the majority of his year with the Marlies and Leaf fans were screaming about it on HF. He clearly could have played for the last place Leafs full time. There were 6 guys on that Marlies roster that now play full time in the NHL. Seems to me we're doing much the same thing. A lot of journeymen nhlers up here, prospects ripening down there.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
For the record, 60% of my diet for the last decade has been McDonalds (or another form of processed food). I’m still alive.

I know we’re supposed to be tanking, but...

Keep eating that grease and lets win that cup!
Lol well said!!!!!! Me too hahahaha

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well Boro was the guy out of position but he's above any critique within this organization. Looks like Sabourin will be that as well because of his localness.

I thought Boro was too but upon review Abramov stopped tracking the puck and Boro identified he was there. I dont love Boro being a regular as much as the next person. However unlike you I still have the ability to evaluate players without any bias. The same bias that you have exemplified in this thread.

Again if you think Sabourins penalty was a bad one where he takes a d man wide and brings the puck to the net then you probably didnt play the sport competitively or you have an unhealthy bias towards the player.

Scott Sabourin has played a grand total of 26 total minutes for the sens. He has 1 goal 1 assist is plus 1 and has 12 hits and 6 pims while playing a physical brand of hockey. If anyone has a problem with these numbers from a 4th line player then you cannot be reasoned with and likely have another issue with the team and you are focusing it on the wrong scape goat.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Scott Sabourin has played a grand total of 26 total minutes for the sens. He has 1 goal 1 assist is plus 1 and has 12 hits and 6 pims while playing a physical brand of hockey. If anyone has a problem with these numbers from a 4th line player then you cannot be reasoned with and likely have another issue with the team and you are focusing it on the wrong scape goat.

I can't imagine anyone is upset with those stats. That has to basically be the realistic best-case scenario out of him. Hard to imagine he can play any better than he has.

I think the issue is whether or not you (not necessarily "you" you, just any observer in general) believe any of it is sustainable over a reasonably large sample size (40 games or so). I think, based on all of the evidence we have to go on, that it's not unreasonable to expect some people to have doubts in that regard.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Or we can just enjoy the games unfolding in front of us and worry about declines in play when they happen.

I’m with Bert on this one, good post dude.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
He really doesn't. He needs another 50 games in the AHL minimum.
Perhaps. I also said after pre season that Brannstrom needed another half season in the AHL. Now after 6 games, he is our second best defenseman and looks better every game.
I wonder if Brown is the type of player that my benefit by playing and developing a bit in the NHL. It might help, like kind of force him to elevate his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->