Post-Game Talk: Game 4 - Sully glares at the Flyers, Flyers fold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Bomb

Jan 12, 2011
Just a couple thoughts on the youngens. I thought Simon's game started off rough, seemed like he was off in his positioning. That 3 on 1 early on was ugly. As the game went along though it looked like he was much stronger and was starting to play his game where he had success earlier in the season.

ZAR is definitely good around the net, and with his build and good stick he has potential to score some goals. But, in a 4th line role he needs to be better defensively. When he gets the puck on the wall defensively, that puck needs to leave the zone...he has had a few bad turnovers at the blue line which, in my opinion, is unacceptable in his role. Look at Kuhn, while not flashy, that puck leaves the zone when he has it and i feel like he's turning into a very dependable 4th liner.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Minus the deceivingly decent regular season numbers.

Cechmanek would get your hopes up before he imploded. Elliott if anything doesn’t even flash occasional teases of brilliance

Not to mention Roman had one of the most incredible unibrows.

Reactions: BillPrep

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I'll say it again! The booing of flyers fans is a combination of Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, and Devourment to my ears! And if we've got any Beatdown bro's up in here, maybe some Clawhammer, too!
Here's an idea for the Comcast/Wells-Fargo/whoever pays the name license, fans in attendance- if you're going to boo, boo at Giroux, or even Voracek, why not Simmons? Booing Crosby isn't going well for you. Booing your invisible veterans may bring a spark. Bookmark this one, as it won't be needed until next fall, but count me as a Pens fan that thinks the Crosby booing embarrasses the "City of Brotherly Love"... And the bar ain't high.

Reactions: ncm7772

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Not to mention Roman had one of the most incredible unibrows.

And he had a fun to watch regular season style. He sometimes stopped shots with his heads soccer style! If anything, he wasn’t boring won or lose.

Elliott doesn’t even have the upside Roman provided.

Cechmanek was entertaining to watch. Elliott is entertaining....... for Penguins shooters.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
And he had a fun to watch regular season style. He sometimes stopped shots with his heads soccer style! If anything, he wasn’t boring won or lose.

Elliott doesn’t even have the upside Roman provided.

Cechmanek was entertaining to watch. Elliott is entertaining....... for Penguins shooters.
Roman was entertaining. I mostly remember his breakdowns and freak outs. Good stuff that.

SweetStache

Jan 28, 2013
There will be a time, in as few as 3 years but at most 5, where Nolan Patrick will be the best player on the ice when the Pens are playing the Flyers (hopefully that doesn’t include goalies).

Or is it Patrick Nolan??? Ha!

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Boring is fine as long as we get the ''W''.:thumbu:

I actually like us controlling the play and if Flyers tilt the ice keep them to the outside. Not as exciting as run and gun hockey winning is fun.

It was good to see when we got the puck back if there was nothing on they would pass or skate back if it was safe instead of just dumping it.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
There will be a time, in as few as 3 years but at most 5, where Nolan Patrick will be the best player on the ice when the Pens are playing the Flyers (hopefully that doesn’t include goalies).
I don’t think you need to make goalies plural

Reactions: SweetStache

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014

Or is it Patrick Nolan??? Ha!
Kid is impressive, haven't seen a flyer I was worried about since Lindros... I'm worried

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I actually like us controlling the play and if Flyers tilt the ice keep them to the outside. Not as exciting as run and gun hockey winning is fun.

It was good to see when we got the puck back if there was nothing on they would pass or skate back if it was safe instead of just dumping it.
We're doing a good job in controlling the puck and there by controlling the play. And that obviously limits Phillys ability to garner scoring chances. As I said our positioning is getting a bit better and their getting less Grade A looks against us. Although their still getting them, it's a much more manageable number. And you're right, we're better at keeping them to the outside.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kid is impressive, haven't seen a flyer I was worried about since Lindros... I'm worried

With the new lottery draft rules...each year theres a chance for a borderline playoff team to land the top(3) prospect. Rather not see it in our division anymore, since we already saw the Devils and Flyers fast forward their rebuilds.

But the Pens should be looking to acquire first round picks in trades down the road and get into that lottery. Maybe Jarry, before the next expansion draft.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
EfGQIn9.gif

Felt like making a gif tonight. lol

And maybe a few more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events