Post-Game Talk: Game 4 - Sully glares at the Flyers, Flyers fold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I predict we lose game 1 of round 2. Philly folded and we’re basically practicing right now while other teams are cutting their teeth on steel
If you're hoping to go on a long run you generally need a short series somewhere along the way. This series isn't over yet but I don't agree with your logic. If one team is battle tested, it's the pens. The easier the better if possible.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think I have watched 42 hours of hockey in the last 7 days. Game wise it's even higher because I watch different games at intermissions.
Insanity. This should be a stat on NHLcom

SweetStache

Jan 28, 2013
Well, whether they’ve played “sharp” or not, all of their games have been 1 goal games whereas we’ve played very low intensity games near the buzzer. They’ve been playing sudden death for as many minutes as we’ve played 2 goal leads

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well, whether they’ve played “sharp” or not, all of their games have been 1 goal games whereas we’ve played very low intensity games near the buzzer. They’ve been playing sudden death for as many minutes as we’ve played 2 goal leads
right, we win our games faster because we're playing better than them. And we're doing it with less effort expended. That's good. The playoffs are a physical gauntlet. Easier games with less OT is just plain better than being in a bunch of tight OT games.

SweetStache

Jan 28, 2013
Please keep in mind I’m only relating this to the results of game 1 of round 2. The fewer games we play the better.
yeah, the Caps and Jackets have both looked super sharp.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Even Marty Biron in 2008-2009 wasn’t as bad as Elliott in terms of PHI-PIT playoff lore.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I still think the pace PIT is playing at will be a handful for the better teams if they close this one out. I mean PHI isn't exactly slow and PIT is just on another level than them.

Most here are fully aware the problems PHI has with their roster and coach.
Honestly i just needed/wanted to get by PHI and give the next teams a run for their money.
I am encouraged by their in zone D/collapsing/boxing out game so far in this series but again, this is vs a one line team for the most part.
And i don't believe this 4th line(+3rd line potentially) is set up best beat the better teams. Like we've been saying. It's fine vs PHI. If they close this out, we'll see if it's fine vs the better teams or not...

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
This was such a mature win. Went out and took the lead, Murray kept us ahead when they pushed back, got the back breaking goal and then just strangled them for the rest of the game.

We couldn't have hit the jackpot harder getting Matt Murray.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Letang has been a totally different player since the playoffs started. And it's not like he's looking good vs a bad offense.

We get this Letang(still a level below 2016) we will win the cup.

Reactions: ETA

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I still think the pace PIT is playing at will be a handful for the better teams if they close this one out. I mean PHI isn't exactly slow and PIT is just on another level than them.

Honestly i just needed/wanted to get by PHI and give the next teams a run for their money.
I am encouraged by their in zone D/collapsing/boxing out game so far in this series but again, this is vs a one line team for the most part.
And i don't believe this 4th line(+3rd line potentially) is set up best beat the better teams. Like we've been saying. It's fine vs PHI. If they close this out, we'll see if it's fine vs the better teams or not...

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but the real challenge should start in round 3.

On paper, and I insist on "on paper", the Pens should wipe the floor with either Columbus or Washington. The way this series has gone so far was also predictable (not over though, you never know what can happen).

The Pens have owned the Metro, except NJ, all year. Anyone can beat anyone in the NHL playoffs, it isn't the NBA, but the Pens should get out of the division without any major trouble.

Boston and Tampa, these are the teams I am worried about. As a fan, I can overlook teams, good thing Sully won't let the boys do the same :laugh:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

It'll be fine vs CBJ or Washington.

Boston or Tampa...idk.

Let's hope the Leafs can make it to round 3. We'd be fine vs them aswell.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Elliot is Roman Chechmanek (sp?) levels of bad.

Minus the deceivingly decent regular season numbers.

Cechmanek would get your hopes up before he imploded. Elliott if anything doesn’t even flash occasional teases of brilliance

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Letang has been a totally different player since the playoffs started. And it's not like he's looking good vs a bad offense.

We get this Letang(still a level below 2016) we will win the cup.
The thing that is most encouraging as it pertains to our defense is shot suppression. It's done by us holding onto the puck more, spending time in phillys end, blocking shots and being better positioned. We still have things to work on but this a positive to be sure.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad