GDT: Game #4 Pens vs Sabres: "Gee, I wish we had one of them powerplay machines."

I have more faith in:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
How is that "wishful thinking"? I don't want Rakell on L3.

I'm saying what I'm expecting them to do. They'll give Nylander a decent look there and put Rakell on L3 for the sake of spreading out the offense.
wishful thinking that Nylander may click on L2, Id'love that but just don't see it

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
wishful thinking that Nylander may click on L2, Id'love that but just don't see it

I don't know that he will, I'm saying I think they're going to give him some rope to figure it out.

They did the same exact thing last year when they ran with Zucker-Malkin-Nylander and O'Connor-Granlund-Rakell for a week or two.

The only way I think they don't do that is if Nylander continues to be terrible like he has been today or if O'Connor-Eller-Nieto continues to be really good like it was today.

Reactions: vodeni

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think Wagner gets a contract. Accari, haven't noticed him.

Graves has Letang brain. Worried about that pairing in terms of smarts.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Really disappointed with his play. He looked pretty good, and should have had a few more points last year when he played.

He is a lazy floater though. Sure he can create a bit of offense, but he looks disinterested. I would be alot more engaged, fighting for a spot.

Not a good look. Smith also looks lazy as f***.
Swap Nylander with Rakell. Then we can see Rust and Nylander compete for lazier winger.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I don't know that he will, I'm saying I think they're going to give him some rope to figure it out.

They did the same exact thing last year when they ran with Zucker-Malkin-Nylander and O'Connor-Granlund-Rakell for a week or two.

The only way I think they don't do that is if Nylander continues to be terrible like he has been today or if O'Connor-Eller-Nieto continues to be really good like it was today.

I actually dont think they will. With how well Zoho played. I think they keep him and waive Nylander

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
With all of that said about what I think they'll do when Guentzel is back, I'd like to keep O'Connor-Eller-Nieto together to see if they can continue to click like they have today. It's not just O'Connor and Eller, I think Nieto has been really good tonight as well. I don't expect that to last but running with that kind of hot hand line is the kind of line juggling Sullivan should do.

That line playing well and sticking together makes the rest of the lineup fall together really easily: Zohorna as the 4th line LW and Smith-Malkin-Rakell as L2. You're going to need to do something to address the 3rd line RW spot, because Nieto isn't a long term solution there, but running with the hot hand is totally fine.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I actually dont think they will. With how well Zoho played. I think they keep him and waive Nylander
Also, I think giving Nieto a spot over one of the impressive young guys is a mistake.

He's the definition of a 13F. I'd have no qualms in waiving him tbh.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Peterka is so fast and smooth that guy is going to be a star. Hopefully not this year yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad