GDT: Game #4 Pens vs Sabres: "Gee, I wish we had one of them powerplay machines."

I have more faith in:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Vanilla 4th liners and 13th forwards don't typically have multiple seasons with 10+ goals, including 12 last year between the Sharks and Avalanche.
Meh, 24 points last year. Vanilla.

17 points the year before, He's a 13th F that you scratch here and there, or even waive.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
At that point, I think having Poulin as a 4C is wasting him.

Maybe Eller regresses to the point where you don't even need to worry about it, it's entirely possible that Eller ends up just being a good 4C and Poulin takes over the 3C spot. But if Eller is actually still as good as he was in his old Washington days, I think moving Poulin to RW would help him make the NHL sooner.

It's also kinda funny to me that if you have an O'Connor-Eller-Poulin line, it's actually a line of 3 centers.

No no you got that wrong.

DOC - Poulin - Accari would be my line 3.
Zoho - Eller - Carter/Nieto would be line 4

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No no you got that wrong.

DOC - Poulin - Accari would be my line 3.
Zoho - Eller - Carter/Nieto would be line 4

Oh yeah, in this case I can understand that. While he was great today, Eller has declined so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him be just a 4th liner going forward.

I'd probably try to keep Eller and Acciari together on L4 though, that reminds me of the old Cullen-Fehr duo from the past. But that thought is well premature at this point.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
On the defense, I think Ruhwedel was his normal solid self but I would really like to get someone better than him to play on the 3rd pair. Even though he's generally a no-event player, you have to limit the usage of the 3rd pair as long as he's on it and I think POJ is too good for that.

Shea looked like an AHLer to me. I didn't think he was particularly good while playing with Smith on Tuesday and I don't think he was particularly good today while playing with Ruhwedel. I'm really hoping Dubas can somehow snag someone like Bogosian from the waiver wire and push Ruhwedel to a #7 spot.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
What about Johnsson in these lineups?

Keep forgetting about him, even though he is the one with the best track record...by far.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Leturnover just keeps turning it over, same as it ever was.

Nice night for line 3.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
On the defense, I think Ruhwedel was his normal solid self but I would really like to get someone better than him to play on the 3rd pair. Even though he's generally a no-event player, you have to limit the usage of the 3rd pair as long as he's on it and I think POJ is too good for that.

Shea looked like an AHLer to me. I didn't think he was particularly good while playing with Smith on Tuesday and I don't think he was particularly good today while playing with Ruhwedel. I'm really hoping Dubas can somehow snag someone like Bogosian from the waiver wire and push Ruhwedel to a #7 spot.

I'd just have Friedman be the #6. Bogo stinks. I'd even prefer Ruh over him.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yah, physicality sucks. Which is why I don't want the softest player in the world in Jeff Carter, playing a bottom 6 defensive role.

Wagner would fit that role much better. Hell Gruden would.

Reactions: Turin

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yah, physicality sucks. Which is why I don't want the softest player in the world in Jeff Carter, playing a bottom 6 defensive role.

Wagner would fit that role much better. Hell Gruden would.
Carter should absolutely be replaced by Wagner or Zohorna.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Carter should be replaced by the homeless guy at the end of the block as long as that guy will sign for league minimum

He looks less bad than he did last year but he flat out doesn't have the legs anymore to keep up in the NHL. He's just too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad