GDT: Game #4 Pens vs Sabres: "Gee, I wish we had one of them powerplay machines."

I have more faith in:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
They should just run with Poulin and DOC in elevated roles for the rest of the pre-season to see what happens. Games don't matter, just let 'em show whether or not they're ready for top-9 duty.

Eller's been surprisingly decent. I thought that dude was gonna suck, and he still may as the season wears on, but he's not Carter out there for sure.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Dubas knows what he wants and I think the organization has settled on what they want after last year. Cap space aside, Pens improved bottom 6 and that was horrendous last year. Graves massive improvement over Dumo and Karlsson will be a big time addition as well. All in all, probably best off season in years.
Best off-season in years, under the most difficult conditions to bring improvement too, I'd say. Dubas had a lot of damage control here to address, in all areas.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
They should just run with Poulin and DOC in elevated roles for the rest of the pre-season to see what happens. Games don't matter, just let 'em show whether or not they're ready for top-9 duty.

Eller's been surprisingly decent. I thought that dude was gonna suck, and he still may as the season wears on, but he's not Carter out there for sure.

Eller has always looked good against us imo. As far as the eye test goes, I've always thought he was better than his stats would suggest. Hopefully his effort stays high all season.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Missed the game, anyone wanna give me cliff notes? How were the D pairs? I feel like Graves will be a solid signing
Wrote some stuff post #317.

Sully on DOC: "What are your thoughts on Drew O’Connor this camp, and that third line here tonight? I think OC’s played really well. I thought that their line had a strong game. They create a lot of momentum for us, obviously they scored. Drew got a nice goal, Lars Eller makes a great play on it. But I thought the extended zone time, the whole shift was a real good shift. I thought they did a great job just possessing the puck and wearing them down. Then ultimately, they were able to score. I thought their line was really strong tonight. They’re a conscientious group. Matt Nieto brings some speed. OC can really skate, and I think you can see Lars Eller is a really smart two-way center man. He's just a cerebral player, and he's good on both sides of the park. I thought he made a lot of subtle offensive plays to create opportunities for his linemates. We're looking forward to watching them moving forward.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hes a good energy player, hound on the puck. Hes not going to destroy someone with a hit regularly though.
Agreed, He's not the best skater either, he kinda slogs his way around the rink.

Eller has always looked good against us imo. As far as the eye test goes, I've always thought he was better than his stats would suggest. Hopefully his effort stays high all season.
I like his positioning, that's a noticeable and important aspect to his game. Seems like his on the right side of the puck more than not.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
This wasn’t a regular pre-season game and in fact represented something seismic, massive, a Herculean shift in our franchise’s fortunes as we gained the most important thing possible. It seems like we gained another lifer of a fan:
D01BA2F0-8C23-48B6-9ECD-08E423589FEE.jpeg

This is what it’s all about - teaching new ones to love the best sport in the world, and helping them recognize the bliss that so often comes with being a Pittsburgh Penguins fan. Your mother and I made you - God made you a yinzer. He did this because he wants you to be happy and see the most sublime talents athletic competition has ever produced. Let’s get that sixth cup so little man can experience what being a Pens fan is truly all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad