GDT: Game #4 Pens vs Sabres: "Gee, I wish we had one of them powerplay machines."

I have more faith in:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
97fab06d-3155-4074-9793-41511c40b8a9_text.gif

Below is Pittsburgh’s projected lineup at PPG Paints Arena for its contest against the Buffalo Sabres on September 28, 2023.

Forwards

10 Drew O’Connor

11 Alex Nylander

17 Bryan Rust

19 Reilly Smith

20 Lars Eller

25 Austin Wagner

55 Noel Acciari

63 Radim Zohorna

67 Rickard Rakell

71 Evgeni Malkin

77 Jeff Carter

83 Matt Nieto

87 Sidney Crosby

Defensemen

2 Chad Ruhwedel

5 Ryan Shea

27 Ryan Graves

28 Marcus Pettersson

52 Mark Friedman

58 Kris Letang

65 Erik Karlsson

73 P.O Joseph

Goaltenders

35 Tristan Jarry

39 Alex Nedeljkovic

tumblr_ly7ihvuwvI1qjtmf0o1_400.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Buffalo is only playing a few of their best players in this game and neither Dahlin nor Power and third string goalies…if PP1 can’t get on track here, it’ll be sad…

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
As long as they try on the power play.

I will not be shocked to see the Penguins lose this game where Crosby and Malkin do nothing in the defensive zone.

Yeah it would be nice to see them actualy put in real work on the powerplay. It was so pathetic last year that they really need to make some strides, there.

Honestly it doesn't bother me if the old dudes coast. The stupid preseason is too damned long, anyway.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
As long as they try on the power play.

I will not be shocked to see the Penguins lose this game where Crosby and Malkin do nothing in the defensive zone.
hopefully they have a few powerplay opportunities, that can help them practicing this new arrangement with EK65. I am sceptic that this will work with him and Tanger, but lets wait...also no one screening is not a recipe for success, Rakell is ythe only option there, but thats not him, they would be better off putting someone tougher ther that could fight and chip some rebounds in...This shit is criticsl for this old team they won't outplay anyone 5 on 5, they better figure special teams

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
POJ has played in a ton of pre-season games already so it wouldn't hurt to give him a game off. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to see what Shea can offer as an option for a future call-up in WBS. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if they just ran with POJ-Friedman as the 3rd pair.

I initially didn't understand why they're running with Wagner over Zohorna, but the same concept applies to Zohorna that applies to POJ. They've played Zohorna a pretty significant amount and he has done well, so it probably isn't necessary to continue to see what he can do. Wagner had a goal in his only pre-season game so I imagine they also want to see him in the same context as Shea.

Yep POJ is taking the day off, they want to see more of Shea. I'm totally good with that. I imagine Zohorna sits for Wagner as well.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Wagner provides an element of physicality that the Pens don't have a lot of. Getting a look at him with a mostly NHL lineup to figure out if he's worth a contract to shuttle between Pittsburgh and WBS isn't a bad idea..

I’d much prefer Wagner in the role that we are asking of our bottom six then any of they other scum (Hino, AJ, Pitlick).

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I’d much prefer Wagner in the role that we are asking of our bottom six then any of they other scum (Hino, AJ, Pitlick).
He definitely fits better stylistically.

They're going to have some interesting decisions to make. It's almost like they're counting on a couple guys to be claimed off waivers.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He definitely fits better stylistically.

They're going to have some interesting decisions to make. It's almost like they're counting on a couple guys to be claimed off waivers.

I think that was the plan but honestly i don't think anyone would pick up Hino, AJ, Pitlick, wagner with how they performed.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think that was the plan but honestly i don't think anyone would pick up Hino, AJ, Pitlick, wagner with how they performed.

I don’t think all of those guys belong in the same category.

Johnsson and Pitlick have been awful but Hinostroza and Wagner have both done some positive things.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I don’t think all of those guys belong in the same category.

Johnsson and Pitlick have been awful but Hinostroza and Wagner have both done some positive things.

meh they have been better for what they will be asked. Either could be an ok 13th forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad