Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Ennis could use a seat but then again so could AJ

Happy Kap sticks with Matty.

Like the Lindholm move to the wing with Kadri - he has the speed and hustle to do well with some skill.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I'm glad Leivo and Ennis are on the 4th line. Unless it's filling in for an injury these two just can't play in the top 9

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's good to keep your depth players as fresh as possible and not sit out for long stretches. So this makes some form of sense. Johnsson can and is better than what he's shown.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hopefully will be the kick in in *** he needs
he was leading the team in cf%. it's hard to dominate offensively when you're in a minimal role though. I think him dominating the AHL playoffs gave people an unrealistic expectation of what 4th liners should be able to do. Vastly outplaying the opposition is generally good enough

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Johnsson needed a kick in the ass.

I would have gone for the bottom two lines:

Lindholm - Kadri - Leivo
Ennis - Gauthier - Brown

Overall though:

Leivo - Kadri - Johnsson
Lindholm - Gauthier - Brown

Reactions: smitty10

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I actually thought Marincin had a good game on Sunday, hopefully Oz bounces back.

Over/Under, do you guys think Hainsey will still be on the first pairing by Dec 1st?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I've been rooting for him, but not sure Leivo is making enough out of this opportunity
Maybe he needs a change of scenery

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sometimes eye test is more relevant than analytics. Can still move your feet and show some hustle in a minimal role
yeah maybe, but it's tough to get results like that without playing well. Sometimes your eyes can be deceiving. People expect him to be a bolt of lightning destroying everything in his path, but since he's only pretty good it makes him appear worse. I would like to see him be a lot better too, but that doesn't mean he's not been good enough to stay in the lineup.

Personally I think Brown and Ennis have both been worse, but I guess you can't really send them a message the same way

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have they skated yet today? Wondering about the lines.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
One thing that was quite striking about Gauthier last year, he got an extended look, yet managed to look worse with each successive game. I don’t think he has it, and I was pulling for him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I like this lineup. This is clearly a message sent to Johnsson, and hopefully when he gets back in, he can take that 3LW spot.

I'm actually surprised Justin Holl isn't getting a shot and Ozhiganov is back in.

Lindholm getting some extra minutes is nice, I have liked his game. Nothing flashy, but a hard worker and has actually laid some nice hits as well.

Both Leivo and Ennis have fell flat entering the regular season. They both got spots in the top 9 to start the year, and then it looked like they have up. I think most of us initally expected Gauthier to be waived when Nylander signs, but I actually think it will be one of Leivo or Ennis, especially if neither step up their game.

If Rick Nash decides to play this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see us try and sign him to play beside Kadri and Kapanen/Nylander

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander/Kapanen
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Nash - Kadri - Kapanen/Nylander/Brown?
Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown/Kapanen

Then you have one of Leivo, Ennis or Gauthier as your 13th skater.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Do_3DYRW4AAdpmG.jpg:large

I thought I'd post this here Matthews is the #1 star but Bishop is the #3 Star, so it could be quite a battle tonight.

Came out on Top of Toews on Sunday, time for Bishop to get the same treatment!

Additionally, 1st week of the new season and Matthews named player of the week, without Willy. Bet thats not quite what the Nylander camp wanted to see happen the first week... lol

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Came out on Top of Toews on Sunday, time for Bishop to get the same treatment!

Additionally, 1st week of the new season and Matthews named player of the week, without Willy. Bet thats not quite what the Nylander camp wanted to see happen the first week... lol

"He was the best player in the league this week with a guy who was bought out a couple months ago and is now making 625K"

Reactions: Zizzzzy

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Not sure if posted, but the line up is:

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Gauthier-Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov