GDT: Game #4 | LEAFS @ STARS | Tues, Oct 9, 2018 @ 8:30 PM EST | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Came out on Top of Toews on Sunday, time for Bishop to get the same treatment!

Additionally, 1st week of the new season and Matthews named player of the week, without Willy. Bet thats not quite what the Nylander camp wanted to see happen the first week... lol

Yeah but who does all the diggin on this team? Who goes and gets it, and gets it, and gets it ? :sarcasm:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not sure if posted, but the line up is:

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Gauthier-Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Andersen
Interesting, thanks.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Dallas has dominated both games, not sure where this is coming from.

We were out shooting Winnipeg 30 to 15 at the half way point on Saturday.

My bad for not Including 5v5 in my post and probably wrong on my part as you analytics have a tendancy to appear worse than usual while protecting a lead.

You guys are ripping it up on special teams though and there is a reason why Bishop won one of the stars of the week. I only saw highlights of the games but Bishop looks incredible.

.....and if you had 30 shots at the halfway point in a game you finished up with 35, must have been outplayed pretty bad the 2nd half no?

Here hoping for a good game tonight. It always seems to be a fun one with these two teams.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm interested to see Lindholm on the wing. He's got some skill. We've seen flashes of it already here in preseason and first 3 games, but I think the transition so far to NHL, especially as a center is hampering him a bit. I think giving him some opportunity further up the lineup and reduced defensive responsibility on the wing could help him settle.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Not sure if posted, but the line up is:

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Gauthier-Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Andersen
interesting 3rd line, is Johnsson a healthy scratch?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Keep in mind, there are still a few players auditioning for spots. The evaluation will continue and moves, if even minor, will be made

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
I've been rooting for him, but not sure Leivo is making enough out of this opportunity
Maybe he needs a change of scenery
Same, always been a big fan. Think we need to give him a bit more time tho before we consider that. He’s played well just not getting any points.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
yeah maybe, but it's tough to get results like that without playing well. Sometimes your eyes can be deceiving. People expect him to be a bolt of lightning destroying everything in his path, but since he's only pretty good it makes him appear worse. I would like to see him be a lot better too, but that doesn't mean he's not been good enough to stay in the lineup.

Personally I think Brown and Ennis have both been worse, but I guess you can't really send them a message the same way

That's fair, I definitely have higher expectations for him compared to the other too which I think is why I want him to get his game going that much more. One game out should hopefully give him a bit of motivation that I feel I haven't seen from him thus far. He was in the same role last year and hasn't delivered the same grit that we seen late last season

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Tonight I just want to see all 4 lines and D playing with purpose.
Pushing the play forward or coming back and taking away time and space.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Johnsson hasn't been playing well but not sure he deserves to sit out a game this early
Brown, Leivo or Ennis hasn't done anything to show me they should play over him

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
ah Mikey, you just can't help yourself. can't just play the best talent for once. ah well.

hopefully this means the 4th line barely plays, at least.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don't like these lines. I'm happy Kapanen and Ennis have been swapped and that Oz is back in but Johnsson was actually pretty good the last 2 games (led team in possession both games) and Gauthier sucks.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Like I said earlier, Dallas is a physical team...so Babcock needed to bring in some big boys tonight.

I would like it if Oziganov showed a little aggressiveness tonight and more grit. Maybe one of the coaching staff told him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad