Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - It's not over till it's over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Praying we sweep tomorrow.

tumblr_mk7r6xbLgB1qcavdfo1_500.gif

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Matt Carle was part of that 2010 Flyers team that came back from 0-3 to beat the Bruins. I expect a battle tomorrow.

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
As much as I'd like to hate the Lightning right now, I feel like they're a likable bunch. Young team that reminds me of what we were just a year ago, and still pretty much are to a lesser extent. Plus Cooper is a super likable coach as well. Heh.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug

Yzerman and Cooper seen having a lengthy chat with series supervisor Kay Whitmore at rink today.

I hope they had time to meet with their defensive coordinator afterwards :D

Maybe Cooper should use his time to come up with better coaching strategies.

Nah. Cooper would rather keep his image as a "players' coach" and pretend he's a journalist during a Stamkos scrum... which is exactly what he did today:

cooperinterviewsstamkos_4728-430x298.jpg

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449997

"Hey, people, look, my team's down 3 - 0 but I'm cool, no worries, I got this"

You're being outcoached by Bibi Therrien, FFS :help:

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
The fat lady sang last night. It's over.

Matt Carle was part of that 2010 Flyers team that came back from 0-3 to beat the Bruins. I expect a battle tomorrow.

And yet he might have played the worst defense of the entire Tampa team so far this series. Irony. Maybe he's just spotting us a lead before shutting out down?

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
And if the situation was reversed, many of you would be livid if Montreal didn't talk to the refs, the series supervisor, or whomever after that.

So, this thread, along with many others creates some good humour in the hypocrisy around here.

I admit, I'd be more than livid. The ref made a great call in the heat of the moment on a rule not many knew about. Apparently, Carey may have know this rule since this isn't the first time he's done what he did. I probably would have flipped the table through the wall when the call was made if the roles were flipped.

And yet, I still don't care or feel bad for the Lightning or their fans. They're on the receiving end. In addition, you don't really end up making friends with other teams fans, even more so after the series is over.

I still remember those series vs Carolina('02 & '06) and Tampa Bay ('04). I've had a part of me that still hates them ever since. Beating the Lightning would pay one of the debts.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I admit, I'd be more than livid. The ref made a great call in the heat of the moment on a rule not many knew about. Apparently, Carey may have know this rule since this isn't the first time he's done what he did. I probably would have flipped the table through the wall when the call was made if the roles were flipped.

And yet, I still don't care or feel bad for the Lightning or their fans. They're on the receiving end. In addition, you don't really end up making friends with other teams fans, even more so after the series is over.

I still remember those series vs Carolina('02 & '06) and Tampa Bay ('04). I've had a part of me that still hates them ever since. Beating the Lightning would pay one of the debts.

Exactly. Koivu nearly had his eye carved out up 2-0 against Carolina. Team never recovered. Did Carolina care?

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
A week (+\-) off gives the guys some time to heal any booboo's and work on the powerplay some more. Helps get Galy and Moen back and anyway, Boston vs. Detroit started late! It would be a good thing... and the first sweep by the Habs since Buffalo in 1993!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If he actually breakdances, I've gained more respect for Palat. Never tried breakdancing (or any dancing) myself, but I love hiphop/rap and some of my buds are into breakdancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad