Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - It's not over till it's over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
And if the situation was reversed, many of you would be livid if Montreal didn't talk to the refs, the series supervisor, or whomever after that.

So, this thread, along with many others creates some good humour in the hypocrisy around here.

Should you expect any less from HFBoards?! :D

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I find it hilarious that on the TSN vid about lightning Stamkos is like saying along the lines of "win one and we go home to our fans in tampa" and a second after Brewer says "If we're thinking about going home we already lost"

Something along those lines. TSN editing lol.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
CBC recorded the roar of the crowd at 112 decibels when Bourque scored last night. 8 decibels more and the act of hearing become painful and possibly damaging.

Let's go deaf tomorrow.

MT promised his guys 3 full days off if they finished it tomorrow, I just heard on the radio.

About Whitmore and the Lightning: If I were the NHL, I would question them about Stamkos. Who knows if that is NOT what the talks were about? Anyways, if he plays, he has a bullseye on him. As MT said about Palat, we know where he's hurt.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
We have to change it up on the PP...
DD Patches Gallagher
Markov PK
Pleks Vanek Eller
Emelin PK.................. Vanek and patches not good on PP together, 2 shooters not good. Split them up and put gally on 1 line and Eller on the other and let them work in front and corners.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
We need to finish this tomorrow. Not liking the idea of giving them the momentum heading back to Tampa for a potential game 5.

Finish them.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
Need to get pucks on net, create traffic and make a large goalie scramble in his crease. Less fancy passing and force offensive zone faceoffs. Last game i remember in the second period we didnt register a shot in 12 minutes, but once we did the momentum shifted.

We've clogged up the neutral zone pretty well creating turn overs, I think there going to play a dump and chase type game and battle really hard. I think Price should be able to neutralize most of these by his stick handling poweress.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Man, if PK scores a big goal tomorrow, the Bell Centre is going to go nuts.

By the way, remember when PK swatted the puck in the air to save a goal? He said he actually works on that move. What a guy.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I can't be the only one who feels something special with this team, can I?

There were so many things that happened during this series that, in the past, would have went wrong for us:

-Game 1. We dominate the entire game, they get 5 scoring chances all game, score on 4 of them. They tie it late, we can't capitalize on Power Plays. They play well in OT, but we score somehow and win.
-Game 2. Tampa has to be feeling good, I mean they got dominated and barely lost. We come out and play our best game all year and destroy them 4-1.
-Game 3. Home ice up 2-0 we've blown that 3 times in a row. We score 10 seconds in, dominate he first but they tie it off a flook goal. Last year we would have given up and felt bad tbh (look @ Ottawa Game 4 where we dominated them, they got a lucky call on the goal and then Price got hurt). Plekanec goal more than anything made me believe. Idk what it was about it, the celebration, the fact that it gave us insurance or what, but all I know is, when the puck went in, I knew we had the game.

I feel a lot like I did with Chelsea FC in 2012 when they won the Champions League. There's something beyond hockey at work right now :laugh:

It just seems like last year, anything that could go wrong did. This year anything that can go well, will? I think we may be in for a pretty good spring gents :cheers:

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
I hope round 2 brings us Bergevin doing the Carlton.

iBXfiMvtklBMI.gif

That, or the David Brent
tumblr_n037nomlwN1r8exu0o1_250.gif

Edit: why do I always forget that Thom Yorke is the greatest dancer of.all.time.

a_610x408.jpg

Last edited:

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Tampa feels the same way we did last year after the Zibanejad goal! I don't blame them for being upset! Remember how we reacted this year during the stretch we had like 5 goals disallowed in the same week!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Maybe Cooper should use his time to come up with better coaching strategies.

Are you watching the games on CBC? Fair question...
Because if you are you're not hearing much about how well the Habs are playing.
The Tampa game plan isn't working because of lack of execution.
Granted it's hard to determine what their game plan is but that is all on the Habs ability to close them down. Which is why I'm confident we can also close them down for good tomorrow. I just don't see any change they could possibly make tactical or otherwise that will amount to a hill of beans if we are determined.

Coopers mistakes in my mind reminded me of that biblical parable "it's not what you put in your mouth that can hurt you but what comes out of it"

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
You'd hardly know Tampa was even playing the Habs while watching that report about the series just now on TSN's sportscentre. It was pretty much all about Stamkos and Cooper.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You'd hardly know Tampa was even playing the Habs while watching that report about the series just now on TSN's sportscentre. It was pretty much all about Stamkos and Cooper.

The MLSE group asked them to stop reporting on the Habs.
Soon they'll want them to stop reporting on the Leafs.

They felt that some of the trades or signings in the last decade or so were based soley on their over-rating certain players. :sarcasm: Kordic, Komisarek not sure how they didn't end up with a Kostitsyn :laugh: The Clarkson move and the Phaneuf long term all media driven.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
And if the situation was reversed, many of you would be livid if Montreal didn't talk to the refs, the series supervisor, or whomever after that.

So, this thread, along with many others creates some good humour in the hypocrisy around here.

You're right. Go Lightning!

Analyzer*

You're right. Go Lightning!

You'd be the first person to flip out and would likely go the furthest. Least amount of trying to be annoying. I guess it's a good thing you're a habs fan, so I don't have to deal with it.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Although I agree that the TB goal should have counted.. I'm amused at all the reporters saying Kilhorn was held in the crease and he couldn't get out.. the same reporters who blamed Gallagher when he was mugged by Montoya and Bogosian earlier in the season!

Xss

Jul 9, 2009
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug

Yzerman and Cooper seen having a lengthy chat with series supervisor Kay Whitmore at rink today.

There is no way Tampa has the money to outbid montreal right ?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
You'd be the first person to flip out and would likely go the furthest. Least amount of trying to be annoying. I guess it's a good thing you're a habs fan, so I don't have to deal with it.

I guess we can't all be self loathing fans. We can balance each other out. I will cheer for the team and defend it while you can rip the team and our fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad