Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - It's not over till it's over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I am fine with that. Team will benefit a LOT from the rest.

Or practicing their ****ing PP !

... on a side note, Stamkos said after the game he still had a little headache... that's actually scary, he might have suffer a concussion, it's extremely dangerous to be playing again after a mild concussion if you still feel the effect. Stamkos, the coaching staff and the medical staff should have a really long talk if that's the case...

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Any team that wants to win a Stanley Cup generally needs at least one sweep or 5-game series along the way. It leaves a team with just that little bit of extra gas in the tank when it comes to the last game or two of the final. I think the 2011 Bruins set a modern record by playing 25 playoff games and still winning it all - though they did still have a sweep in there.

Sweep = good thing. Take it & run.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
The hardest game to get motivated for. Often happens that the 3-0 team puts the foot off the pedal. There's no feeling of must-win or imminent peril. There's a serious psyching up job to be done.

PricePkPatch*

I am going to say the same thing for every single game we've had so far.

a game is a game is a game.

Habs must see the upcoming game as a single game in a vacuum. It's a must-win game, they have to give it their 100%. If they try to get some sort of perspective, they will lose focus.

They must NOT look at the 3-0 situation. They must look this game like it make or break.

habs999

Jan 19, 2014
Am I the only one who gets scared everytime Bouillon and Weaver are on the ice? I feel like we are always in our zone when those two are on the ice... Cant help but to think Tinordi would be better than Bouillon at this point.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If Habs lose this series like the Bruins lost against the Flyers in 2010, will the Habs win the cup the following year too?

Am I the only one who gets scared everytime Bouillon and Weaver are on the ice? I feel like we are always in our zone when those two are on the ice... Cant help but to think Tinordi would be better than Bouillon at this point.

Unlike the regular season MT hasn't trolled with his weird bench management yet. Boullion getting well under 15min/game is fine IMO.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I have tickets for game 6. I really... really... really... really hope I'm not going to that game.

Please end this tomorrow.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The hardest game to get motivated for. Often happens that the 3-0 team puts the foot off the pedal. There's no feeling of must-win or imminent peril. There's a serious psyching up job to be done.

The psyching up job is all on Tampa.
They've tried just about every option available to them.
They clearly don't have another gear to rely on or a personnel change to upset the balance.

You are at home in front of your people playing for your management/city.
You've dictated play in every game despite games one and three being closer on the scoreboard than they really were. The core group of this team should/will probably pull out their best effort.
No excuses just execute...
GHG

Pricef*

You are not alone sir.

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
han-solo-2.jpg

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal

Actually Bouillon has been fine for a bottom pair D. It's Weaver that scares the **** out of me in this series. I'm surprised he's been that bad considering he was rock solid in the regular season. By far, our worst player in Round 1.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO · 21 min
Steven Stamkos said he feels good today and has every expectation the he will play tomorrow in Game 4 #TBLightning #Habs

habfan1968

Dec 19, 2006
Although the rest between series may be long, can't help but want to sweep Tampa. # less games to play where who knows what could happen. Injuries happen bur not when you are not playing.

PricePkPatch*

Although the rest between series may be long, can't help but want to sweep Tampa. # less games to play where who knows what could happen. Injuries happen bur not when you are not playing.

Next game is a must-win for us. It's one game, like all 3 games before.

All games are important, and our players are in the perfect mindset at the moment. They must not stop

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
This will be a real test for the team as game 4 is always the hardest to win and Tampa won't roll over and die. I think we got this but it's gonna be another nail-biter for sure. 4-3 win, maybe in OT , you never know.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
"It's not over until it's over", or something like that. Saw it this morning in the JdM.. or was it La Prsse?

Oh boy! :laugh: It was obviously a joke by Richard Labbé.

«Mais ce n'est pas fini tant que ce n'est pas fini», a tenu à dire P.K. Subban après la rencontre, citant au passage Friedrich Nietzsche, comme il se doit.

You're not used to Labbé style, apparently ;)

PricePkPatch*

Oh boy! :laugh: It was obviously a joke by Richard Labbé.

«Mais ce n'est pas fini tant que ce n'est pas fini», a tenu à dire P.K. Subban après la rencontre, citant au passage Friedrich Nietzsche, comme il se doit.

You're not used to Labbé style, apparently ;)

I am not. He makes-up quotes?

Still. I LOVE thinking about Subban as the Ubersmench, and Don Cherry as the Last Man.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010

Bouillon is an ICING Machine... why isn't Beaulieu in the line-up ahead of Frankie is mind boggling. :shakehead Beaulieu..has skill and speed.. Tampa are a skilled and fast team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad