GDT: Game 4: Hawks @ Wild- 7PM CT on WGN -- Spirit Dog Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Q and the whole coaching staff has to go. The PP in overtime? Still f***ing standing still.
Saad was NOT fine tonight. I don't know how anyone could say Saad has done anything other than the shot block that lead to Toew's OT goal and winning a Faceoff tonight. He just kills that Kane line entirely.
The first line is incredible. Joker is amazing. Ward put on a show.

But the way we lost this game...... Those line combos in OT.... That's just inexcusable.

Reactions: Krivo25 and jls24

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
What’s negative for this team is Stan and his pathetic trades, imagine this team still having Panarin playing with Shamaltz and Kane, that line would be absolutely destroying Q or non Q at the helm... what about having Danault on that 3rd line too? Or TT as well? Or if he was competent and actually had another good guy or two at D? This guy is a complete moron, that’s the problem with the team.

Reactions: TheSting

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What’s negative for this team is Stan and his pathetic trades, imagine this team still having Panarin playing with Shamaltz and Kane, that line would be absolutely destroying Q or non Q at the helm... what about having Danault on that 3rd line too? Or TT as well? Or if he was competent and actually had another good guy or two at D? This guy is a complete moron, that’s the problem with the team.

No not really.

TT would help but where does he fit? PD is overated on here.

A bit hypocritical about Saad when you said he was a superstar. You get the benefit of hindsight but Bowman doesn’t? No that is not how it works.

Forsling and Murphy are the 1 or 2 guys missing.

Crow plus 42 and 5 would help a lot along with better defensive systems.

Welcome back.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, not having Forsling or Murphy right now is pretty much missing an average 2nd pairing. Which'll just compound the issue of currently not having a starter.

Get Forsling, Murphy, and Crawford back and give Sikura a few months to mature in Rockford and this team can compete. We just need to stockpile as many points as we can until they return and are all at or near 100%.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
100%

He has zero redeeming qualities at this point. He has to go before any progress can be made with this team.

been saying this for a very long time, not only will they not make progress but Q is damaging some players growth and they may never get back to what they could be if the correct coach was in place.

To be Fair, Stan has made some big mistakes as well so its not all on Q

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyJet

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why do you guys think that with 10 D in the mix, the right guys will even end up playing? Its just gonna be a cluster ****. Q can't manage a roster this big.
Murphy will play. He's not going to be making damn near 4 million to sit on the bench.

And hopefully Forsling impresses enough. It'll be tougher for him, especially because he's likely Rockford bound for the first few weeks no matter what just to get up to speed, but I'm still gonna cross my fingers he's up no later than the start of January.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Great to see Kahun scoring his 1st goal.
Really happy for him.

I think Q is a big problem and this team won't reach it's full potential. Saad wasn't good and fine, I'm a big fan of him but Bowman has to find a way to get him work or trade him.

If we are sellers at the deadline trade Anisimov for best offer.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

Well played!! All the Q haters yet Stan the accountant gets a pass. How is this even possible???

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
No not really.

TT would help but where does he fit? PD is overated on here.

A bit hypocritical about Saad when you said he was a superstar. You get the benefit of hindsight but Bowman doesn’t? No that is not how it works.

Forsling and Murphy are the 1 or 2 guys missing.

Crow plus 42 and 5 would help a lot along with better defensive systems.

Welcome back.

Ok this Saad crap has to end, how do I get benefit of hindsight when I was one of the few who absolutely hated the Panarin for Saad trade from the first second? My complain about the Saad trade was back in 2015 so it really had nothing to do if you forward two years...

Two different trades in different years

Saad treaded for Anisomov I didn’t approve - rightfully so as the line of Hossa-Toews-Saad was destroying- Still if you want to criticize me on here sure and tell me that Anisimov is Better than Saad at that price then you might have a point.

But for this trade:

Panarin traded for Saad I was up in arms in the stupidity of this trade from day 1

This topic keeps being brought up and dostorted. Regardless of what I thought about Saad in 2015, in 2017 after getting more information due to two years passing, only a complete moron would trade Panarin for Saad.

Murphy hasn’t proved anything yet... Last year he was nothing more than a 5-6 guys at 4 Mill which is horrible.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Saad wasn't horrible last night but he is far from the player he was early on in his career. He used to blow by guys or split the D and be able to snipe from time to time.

I don't see the speed anymore and his shot is trending toward Kruger like.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I just don't get the miserableness of people here. We got another point on the road, we haven't lost in regulation yet...this team was a bottom feeder possible lotto pick team according to some, yet we are seeing many positives here and a team that has flaws but is fighting and keeping these games close. What the hell more do people want with the staff we have behind the bench, a back up goalie, a rookie dman and 2 top 4 blueliners out of the lineup...take the point and ****ing run!

I don’t think they’ve played as well as their record indicates, but yeah, if people are disappointed in this start I can’t fathom what they were expecting.

Reactions: BobbyJet

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Q and the whole coaching staff has to go. The PP in overtime? Still ****ing standing still.
Saad was NOT fine tonight. I don't know how anyone could say Saad has done anything other than the shot block that lead to Toew's OT goal and winning a Faceoff tonight. He just kills that Kane line entirely.
The first line is incredible. Joker is amazing. Ward put on a show.

But the way we lost this game...... Those line combos in OT.... That's just inexcusable.

No, he really was. At least in comparison to his previous few games. This was lightyears ahead. And he was not the problem tonight. Kane killed the Kane line tonight. Other than a couple shifts, he was lazy, and disinterested, and making mistakes all throughout the game. He could have ended this game before it ever got to OT by not being flat-out lazy in the neutral zone. The tying goal is entirely on him, IMO. He stood around and watched the play and gave a half-hearted effort to reach a loose puck at Minny's blue line. One which he would get to 11/10 times, normally. That allowed Minny to get it in deep and pull Dubnyk, and the rest is history.

Agreed about pretty much everything else. The last sentence... yeah, Q needs to go. He needed to go a year ago. And he still needs to.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
This is not the guy you want to agree with. There's a reason he never ventures into hockey-related threads, and during a rare appearance, he never adds anything of his own to the conversation...

But... birds of a feather and all that.

This is laughable! Hockey related threads?? Half the so called hockey related posts on this board is Toews sucks (from last year) and Coach Q needs to go.

Hilarious Just Hilarious....but then again look at the source. hahhaha

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This is laughable! Hockey related threads?? Half the so called hockey related posts on this board is Toews sucks (from last year) and Coach Q needs to go.

Hilarious Just Hilarious....but then again look at the source. hahhaha

:laugh:

:thumbu:

I'm definitely sure that half the posts on this board are "Toews sucks" (and were all made last year)... even though it's one of the most active of all team boards on HF. Care to offer anything relating to hockey to the thread? How'd the players play? How'd the young guys look? What did they do well, and what did they do poorly with? How are the systems that are being utilized by the team working out? Do you even know what types of systems the Hawks use? Why did Minny happen to be able to score multiple goals at the end of periods multiple times? What's wrong with the powerplay? Who stood out last night, and who didn't? Why did Q completely botch the OT lines? Care to offer anything of substance to the thread before the first period bell rings? I'll wait. And then get the typical "LOLz" post filled with excuses and subject changes away from the questions I've asked you to answer, just like in the Bears thread when anyone asks you anything.

Hilarious? What you offer up to every thread on here is about the only hilarious thing that I see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad