GDT: Game 4: Hawks @ Wild- 7PM CT on WGN -- Spirit Dog Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Personally, I don't consider goal-mouth scrambles where he made the initial save or two as bad goals. :dunno:

And that's exactly what the late period goals were in both the 2nd and 3rd.

i hate to mention this, but i do. however not for the obvious reason for this debate. for me, it goes further back and really point out that the defense was really lousy. look at the replays.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
and this is the issue many of us have- you can't live off the past. Q has done a ton, accomplished a lot, and most of us will forever respect and love him, but for right now and how this team looks, it almost looks like he is in over his head.

I have stated my displeasure with Bowman on the Bickell signing then trade and waste of TT...hated the Leddy for Pokka trade too...as well as the Panarin deal..he has done bad too, but what he is still doing by getting kids like Joker and Kahun into this organization is something you can't ignore.

I honestly do not know what the hell Q and staff are doing out there, we are weak in both special teams, is that not an indictment of systems???
last nite game esp with the defensive scheme was completely horrendous.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Perhaps so but a turnover in OT is often fatal. The way he has been playing, Saad shouldn't be on the ice in OT... and should keep it simple when he does get the nod. Rarely is he going to beat Suter one-on-one.
100 % correct.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i hate to mention this, but i do. however not for the obvious reason for this debate. for me, it goes further back and really point out that the defense was really lousy. look at the replays.

What I meant by that was they're not bad goals by the goalie. Which is what he was implying.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Personally, I don't consider goal-mouth scrambles where he made the initial save or two as bad goals. :dunno:

And that's exactly what the late period goals were in both the 2nd and 3rd.
The 2nd goal basically went right through him, and it was a pretty weak shot. I think he could have had that one, definitely wasn't unstoppable.
The GTG was kind of weak as well, pucks that close to Ward at the side of the net shouldn't be able to get to the front of the net.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The 2nd goal basically went right through him, and it was a pretty weak shot. I think he could have had that one, definitely wasn't unstoppable.
The GTG was kind of weak as well, pucks that close to Ward at the side of the net shouldn't be able to get to the front of the net.

There were like 8 guys in front of the net, maybe 9. And I believe 5 of them were Hawks. The shot should have never happened, and neither should have the primary assist. Not with that many Hawks bodies in front. But shots in the pros from 10 feet out in front of you with that much commotion in front aren't easy.

the GTG he made a nice initial save. It's on the Hawks D to not let that guy just keep wacking at the puck at the side of the net 3 or 4 times.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
There were like 8 guys in front of the net, maybe 9. And I believe 5 of them were Hawks. The shot should have never happened, and neither should have the primary assist. Not with that many Hawks bodies in front. But shots in the pros from 10 feet out in front of you with that much commotion in front aren't easy.

the GTG he made a nice initial save. It's on the Hawks D to not let that guy just keep wacking at the puck at the side of the net 3 or 4 times.
My point is, both goals were stoppable, and they were. Yes, obviously mistakes were made, and it's not 100% Wards fault. I feel like an actual #1 Goalie, (like Crow) would have probably stopped both.

I'm not blaming Ward, or anything like it. I just feel like both of those goals were very stoppable.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My point is, both goals were stoppable, and they were. Yes, obviously mistakes were made, and it's not 100% Wards fault. I feel like an actual #1 Goalie, (like Crow) would have probably stopped both.

I'm not blaming Ward, or anything like it. I just feel like both of those goals were very stoppable.

Stoppable is different than bad goal, IMO. I know you're not. Just saying they weren't like... terrible looks, bobbled saves, bad positioning, or bad fundamentals types of goals. Not a true "bad goal" in the sense of that term.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I wouldn't defend Saad's performance. He was better, he hustled to the net and he had one or two real good shifts, I could see that. But, in the first, he was awful on the cycle and he's been bad on the boards in general which really drags down the Kane line as a whole. Watch old shifts of him and he'd pursue the puck like Hossa in all 3 zones, during 3v3 OT goal he did a stop & watch behind the Wilds net after a fly by, seriously?

I'm not one to go all tough guy but Saad has my vote for hours of bag skates and board battle drills.

And, I know Kane giveth/taketh but dude needs to step up his hustle as he's starting to look like rookie/2nd year Kane only with more mature offensive abilities.

Also, yes, we can't give a world of time/space to the freaking point men in our zone. Maybe it worked when Crawford knew exactly what the lanes would be and could predict the plays before they happened but it doesn't work anymore.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What I meant by that was they're not bad goals by the goalie. Which is what he was implying.
no offense i thought that, but imho the bottom line was or is yes, the goalie should have stopped those shot. however it was the beginning of that play that got to me. the players assignment were thrown out the window esp taking the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad