GDT: Game 4: Hawks @ Wild- 7PM CT on WGN -- Spirit Dog Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Gus was on the team last year. Pretty much the same roster outside of a handful of guys. Joker has been a big help same with Kahun. I actually have been pleased with the lineups that Q has put out there, stated that plenty of times. I am not pleased with his pathetic systems and how brutal we look out there. This team is winning in spite of our coaching staff, and that just isn't on Q. This is why I asked if you watched the actual games because if you did you would see it isn't about hating on Q, the entire staff has become completely inept out there and most everyone can see it.
gus only played like 30 games from what i recall. i just think people want to be right with q not being good so bad that they will take anything and spin it into a q bash even if completely irrational and i understand that i am on the otherside defending q even when it may not be right but i just feel like i have stats and history on my side. actually kinda reminds me of talking trump politics.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Toews is noticeably quicker out there.

Last night was the first time where Saad and Schmaltz started to click last night as Schmaltz hit him with a few stretch passes. I think the 88 line is close to clicking.

Also on the play in OT where people are blaming Saad, Ryan Souter made a damn good play. It was similar to the play that Joker made on Tank.

Perhaps so but a turnover in OT is often fatal. The way he has been playing, Saad shouldn't be on the ice in OT... and should keep it simple when he does get the nod. Rarely is he going to beat Suter one-on-one.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
gus only played like 30 games from what i recall. i just think people want to be right with q not being good so bad that they will take anything and spin it into a q bash even if completely irrational and i understand that i am on the otherside defending q even when it may not be right but i just feel like i have stats and history on my side. actually kinda reminds me of talking trump politics.
and this is the issue many of us have- you can't live off the past. Q has done a ton, accomplished a lot, and most of us will forever respect and love him, but for right now and how this team looks, it almost looks like he is in over his head.

I have stated my displeasure with Bowman on the Bickell signing then trade and waste of TT...hated the Leddy for Pokka trade too...as well as the Panarin deal..he has done bad too, but what he is still doing by getting kids like Joker and Kahun into this organization is something you can't ignore.

I honestly do not know what the hell Q and staff are doing out there, we are weak in both special teams, is that not an indictment of systems???

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Perhaps so but a turnover in OT is often fatal. The way he has been playing, Saad shouldn't be on the ice in OT... and should keep it simple when he does get the nod. Rarely is he going to beat Suter one-on-one.

I don’t disagree that Saad should have turn back up and maintained possession when he realized it against Suter.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i am starting to wonder if we get saad-schmaltz on the third line to try and get some weaker pairings. It would take kane to carry a full line but hes done it before.

Debrincat-Toews-Kahun
Sikura-Anisimov-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Fortin
Hayden-Kruger-Kampf

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
i dont know how people could possibly whine about Q right now. The teams roster is baddddd and they are 2-0-2. Our defense is just plain terrible because of the skill we have back there. Keith and Joki are top 4.....then we have 5 other 5-6-7 defenseman and a backup goalie. this hate on q at this point in the season is just stupid. He had to play anisimov in OT because they only have like 4 forwards that can play ot that people will be happy with and it lasted over 3 shifts. toews kane debrincat schmaltz ?sadd?

why would q not get any credit for this team overachieving at this point? you all would have roasted him if they were losing. This roster stinks and when toews doesnt score 2 points per game we will see it even more.....any you all will blame q
Toews, Kane and DeBrincat are getting the points so far with Joki helping out. That's all. Imagine if one of them cools down a bit.... how good would the 4 ties record be?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Those stats and history have done nothing for Q's coaching ability the past 3 years when the Hawks have gotten bounced in the 1st round, or not made the playoffs, have they? He was terribly outcoached both in Nashville, and St. Louis.

Talking Trump politics? If you're a Trump supporter, it would explain a lot. :laugh:

i am starting to wonder if we get saad-schmaltz on the third line to try and get some weaker pairings. It would take kane to carry a full line but hes done it before.

Debrincat-Toews-Kahun
Sikura-Anisimov-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Fortin
Hayden-Kruger-Kampf

Why are you constantly inserting Sikura into the lineup? He's not even in the league!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and this is the issue many of us have- you can't live off the past. Q has done a ton, accomplished a lot, and most of us will forever respect and love him, but for right now and how this team looks, it almost looks like he is in over his head.

I have stated my displeasure with Bowman on the Bickell signing then trade and waste of TT...hated the Leddy for Pokka trade too...as well as the Panarin deal..he has done bad too, but what he is still doing by getting kids like Joker and Kahun into this organization is something you can't ignore.

I honestly do not know what the hell Q and staff are doing out there, we are weak in both special teams, is that not an indictment of systems???

Yes. As is giving up goals during scrambles during the last 10-15 seconds of periods multiple times per game.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

i just think this is a small sample size in addition to not having any skill on pp2. nashville and vegas havnt scored on a pp in the same amount of chances and there kills have been bad too. laviolette and gallant arnt bad coachs either.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Those stats and history have done nothing for Q's coaching ability the past 3 years when the Hawks have gotten bounced in the 1st round, or not made the playoffs, have they? He was terribly outcoached both in Nashville, and St. Louis.

Talking Trump politics? If you're a Trump supporter, it would explain a lot. :laugh:

Why are you constantly inserting Sikura into the lineup? He's not even in the league!
because i think he would be an upgrade in skill...

im not a trump supporter but the way people argue a political side just because they want to be correct on there predictions on a subject is what im refering too

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
because i think he would be an upgrade in skill...

im not a trump supporter but the way people argue a political side just because they want to be correct on there predictions on a subject is what im refering too

Yes. He would be. But he isn't here. So it makes no sense to insert him in the lineup. No?

And thank God. Trump gets argued against not because those people want to be right, but because Trump is always wrong, and a buffoon, and easily the dumbest POTUS in the history of this country. And that's all I'll say about politics. Not allowed on here. ;)

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Yes. He would be. But he isn't here. So it makes no sense to insert him in the lineup. No?

And thank God. Trump gets argued against not because those people want to be right, but because Trump is always wrong, and a buffoon, and easily the dumbest POTUS in the history of this country. And that's all I'll say about politics. Not allowed on here. ;)
i was talking arguing for trump..
but it does make sense because he can literally be put into the lineup whenever he is wanted in the lineup....he could play next game. ur nitpicking for no reason.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i was talking arguing for trump..
but it does make sense because he can literally be put into the lineup whenever he is wanted in the lineup....he could play next game. ur nitpicking for no reason.

Gotcha. I'll leave that one alone. :laugh:

Not nitpicking. The guy can't play if he isn't here. And Fortin got the first call. So who knows when he might be here.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
No, he really was. At least in comparison to his previous few games. This was lightyears ahead. And he was not the problem tonight. Kane killed the Kane line tonight. Other than a couple shifts, he was lazy, and disinterested, and making mistakes all throughout the game. He could have ended this game before it ever got to OT by not being flat-out lazy in the neutral zone. The tying goal is entirely on him, IMO. He stood around and watched the play and gave a half-hearted effort to reach a loose puck at Minny's blue line. One which he would get to 11/10 times, normally. That allowed Minny to get it in deep and pull Dubnyk, and the rest is history.

Agreed about pretty much everything else. The last sentence... yeah, Q needs to go. He needed to go a year ago. And he still needs to.

That I can agree with.

And completely agree about Kane. He's played like that every game so far aside from a shift here or there. And then he becomes PATRICK KANE when we need a goal in the last two minutes.
This season is so weird so far.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I also want to give Cam Ward some mad props for last night. He was really battling out there.

I believe he should have covered that puck that lead to the tying goal in the third..... but the loss wasn't on him. If he plays like that against the Leafs, we win easily. (Yes, obviously the Leafs are better than Minnesota)

Reactions: AmericanDream

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I also want to give Cam Ward some mad props for last night. He was really battling out there.

I believe he should have covered that puck that lead to the tying goal in the third..... but the loss wasn't on him. If he plays like that against the Leafs, we win easily. (Yes, obviously the Leafs are better than Minnesota)
Yeah, he should have had a couple of the goals IMO, but it is hard to complain about his game last night. It would be nice if we had a goalie steal a game like Crawford use to do, though.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
LOL. and that isn't sarcasm folks.
Of course it isn't. Has a goalie stolen a game for the Hawks since Crow went down?
Should Ward not have had both the 2nd goal, and the tying goal last night?

He played really well last night, I'm not complaining about his game. If he doesn't play as well as he did, Chicago isn't in a position to win anyway. Doesn't mean he didn't let in a bad goal or two.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That I can agree with.

And completely agree about Kane. He's played like that every game so far aside from a shift here or there. And then he becomes PATRICK KANE when we need a goal in the last two minutes.
This season is so weird so far.
Kane will likely always be like that, in the RS especially. He can get away with it because of his elite talent, but it doesn't set much an example for the kids on the roster.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Of course it isn't. Has a goalie stolen a game for the Hawks since Crow went down?
Should Ward not have had both the 2nd goal, and the tying goal last night?

He played really well last night, I'm not complaining about his game. If he doesn't play as well as he did, Chicago isn't in a position to win anyway. Doesn't mean he didn't let in a bad goal or two.

Personally, I don't consider goal-mouth scrambles where he made the initial save or two as bad goals. :dunno:

And that's exactly what the late period goals were in both the 2nd and 3rd.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
one thing im always interest in is players from former teams. heres what there starts look like right now. Duclair i would have never guessed.

Bouma--Swiss league
Duclair--blue jackets 3 points in 4 games**
franson--AHL
Hartman--3 points in 4 games*** coming off injury
Hinostroza--0 points in 3 games
Jurco--free agent
Kempny- 0 points 2 games coming off injury
Kero-AHL
Oesterle- 0 points 1 game
panik- 1 point 3 games
Wingles -- Swiss league

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
one thing im always interest in is players from former teams. heres what there starts look like right now. Duclair i would have never guessed.

Bouma--Swiss league
Duclair--blue jackets 3 points in 4 games**
franson--AHL
Hartman--3 points in 4 games*** coming off injury
Hinostroza--0 points in 3 games
Jurco--free agent
Kempny- 0 points 2 games coming off injury
Kero-AHL
Oesterle- 0 points 1 game
panik- 1 point 3 games
Wingles -- Swiss league
Don’t we have a thread for this exact topic of conversation?

Reactions: RayP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad