GDT: Game #4 Colorada in Vegas. Puck drop ~ 6:40pm MT. Avs Board is with the Boys tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Welcome back, Brayden McNabb.

upload_2021-6-6_14-48-12.gif

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
If Reaves is in the lineup, you know the refs will be keeping a close eye on him for the whole 4 minutes he plays.

I am still absolutely mind blown he only got 2 games. Such a f***ing joke.

As DeBaby said, the gloves never came off. So guess that means I could point a loaded (insert weapon of choice which is absurd but for sake of babbling) at DeBaby and threaten the hell out of him with my knee on his neck, back, holding him down, and just get a scolding?

SD Avs Fan

Jul 1, 2019
This might not be a popular opinion, but if the Avs go out in the second round again, I think Bednar needs to be replaced. I’m not sure who would be an ideal replacement, but I consider another second round exit stagnation.

I actually agree with this especially considering how dominant the Avs looked to start the series. The rested and younger team should get better as the series goes on. If not the coaching adjustments and ability to get the team to play up to playoff standards does fall on Bednar quite a bit. I would also consider not resigning Landy as he is the captain. He did many great things in the first round but this round is what this team needs to be judged on. If the Avs lose this series I move on from both Bednar and Landy and make MacKinnon captain. Maybe make a run for a really good 2nd center as I think Newhook slots in as the 3C. Kadri for sure should be gone if the Avs lose this round. I still think Vegas is gonna have trouble winning any of the remaining games in Colorado.

Reactions: Azrael89

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I actually agree with this especially considering how dominant the Avs looked to start the series. The rested and younger team should get better as the series goes on. If not the coaching adjustments and ability to get the team to play up to playoff standards does fall on Bednar quite a bit. I would also consider not resigning Landy as he is the captain. He did many great things in the first round but this round is what this team needs to be judged on. If the Avs lose this series I move on from both Bednar and Landy and make MacKinnon captain. Maybe make a run for a really good 2nd center as I think Newhook slots in as the 3C. Kadri for sure should be gone if the Avs lose this round. I still think Vegas is gonna have trouble winning any of the remaining games in Colorado.
Yeah, just let a top 5 player at his position walk :laugh:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Where are you flying? Things are back to normal in US?

Flying back home to SW Florida. Was in NYC on a CE course for my field (Dentist). I was expecting NYC to be on more of a lockdown but I found most of the city to be open, albeit to limited capacity in many respects. As far as Florida is concerned, we've been open for business for a long time now it seems.

Reactions: drhiii

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
and use the money to sign someone equally as good.

So the idea is to get rid of a guy who is well liked and has been on the club his entire career in order to bring in a hypothetical player of equal status? Who do you have in mind?

SD Avs Fan

Jul 1, 2019
:laugh:

Perfect logic. Sadly, other teams aren't dumb enough to let players like him walk.

remember that is only if the Avs lose in round 2 again. I still think the Avs win the series. But you can't go into the off season and not do something significant to shake things up or the team will eventually start to regress. Landy is probably the most expendable of the high end contract players on the team. There should be consequences for losing if it happens. Landy is the captain and if they lose he should take critisism. With that said I was happy with what he did to fight Schenn in the first round but the way the Avs have played most of the last two games is unacceptable.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This one isn’t. But if we lose, the next one definitely is.

Still a must win for Vegas.

If Avs can play well enough to keep the game even or be the better team, but lose, I agree. But another drubbing and loss and suddenly Vegas has all the momentum, confidence.

SD Avs Fan

Jul 1, 2019
The talk is only if the Avs lose this series. I personally don't think they will lose this series so hopefully all is irrelevant.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
HFAvs is more susceptible to mood swings than my toddler. 6 straight wins, then take 1 L, and it's time to fire the coach and not re-sign the captain.

lmao right? I’m so confused. I understand the last 5 periods were horrible but the first 4 we looked the best we ever have. 2001 run we had to play 7 in round 2 against the 7th place kings. We are playing a team we tied for best in the league, I don’t know why it’s so doom and gloom.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
It’s not doom and gloom but Vegas is a good team. The Avalanche looked like complete shit for most of the game Friday. Outshot, outplayed, couldn’t skate, couldn’t make passes, losing battles to pucks, etc. It reminded me a lot of 2015 Avs where we were in our own zone and getting outshot pretty much every single game.

The compete level has to better tonight. Guys like Girard and Burakovsky need to wake up and start playing their capabilities too I’m very interested to see what Avs team shows up tonight.

Reactions: missionAvs

SD Avs Fan

Jul 1, 2019
I am not the only one that doesn't think Landy will age well. It is not what he is doing now but moreso what he will do three years from now. This is off season talk anyway. Time to kick some Vegas ass tonight and take stranglehold coming back to Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad