GDT: Game #4 Colorada in Vegas. Puck drop ~ 6:40pm MT. Avs Board is with the Boys tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So the Golden Knights board seems to be under the impression that DeBoer is bringing Reaves back into the lineup and taking Sikura out, likely moving Kolesar to the 3rd line with Roy and Tuch.

I've thought that Sikura has been one of their faster and harder-forechecking forwards in the games he's played, while we know what Reaves did in game 1. Seems strange to bring him back in.

And now just looking at NaturalStattrick Sikura has the 3rd highest CF% and xGF% on the team lol while Reaves in his one game had the 2nd lowest.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
So the Golden Knights board seems to be under the impression that DeBoer is bringing Reaves back into the lineup and taking Sikura out, likely moving Kolesar to the 3rd line with Roy and Tuch.

I've thought that Sikura has been one of their faster and harder-forechecking forwards in the games he's played, while we know what Reaves did in game 1. Seems strange to bring him back in.

And now just looking at NaturalStattrick Sikura has the 3rd highest CF% and xGF% on the team lol while Reaves in his one game had the 2nd lowest.
That's great for us

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Oh look, it's Balth continuing his negativity again and again.

Game 54 = we had no answer. Game 2 = we had no answer. Game 3 = we had no answer.

If we have no answer again tonight what makes you believe that it will change for game 5 and game 6?

It's now clear that game 1 was a Lehner fluke which is why Bednar said in the last presser that they just caught them on an off night in game 1.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Reaves, Kolesar and Mcnabb injected back into the lineup? The boys better be ready, this one could get nasty. Hopefully this means they go back to chasing with hits while we play our transition game.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Reaves, Kolesar and Mcnabb injected back into the lineup? The boys better be ready, this one could get nasty. Hopefully this means they go back to chasing with hits while we play our transition game.
After dominating the last two games the way the Knights have, I don't understand why they would alter their line up right now.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
If Reaves is in the lineup, you know the refs will be keeping a close eye on him for the whole 4 minutes he plays.

I am still absolutely mind blown he only got 2 games. Such a f***ing joke.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Game 3 got better as it went on. Hopefully, they were starting to figure things out. Then two days to watch film.

I can guarantee that MacKinnon will bring some fire to this game.

Reactions: klozge

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I really hope they put Reaves back into the lineup, him taking a dumb untimely penalty outweighs his potential to hurt someone. I'll take the free power play all day long.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Game 3 got better as it went on. Hopefully, they were starting to figure things out. Then two days to watch film.

I can guarantee that MacKinnon will bring some fire to this game.

Personally it's more disappointing to me that they were able to turn it on in the last 4 minutes when they decided not to turn it on the entire rest of the game. Still probably a good sign though.

Reactions: tucker3434

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Win this game, win the series. Simple as that. No way Vegas is winning three straight with two in Denver.

Losing would be an unfortunate waste of a 2-0 lead but it’s hardly the end of the world. Hopefully a pissed off Bednar lights a fire under their ass.

I’m already preparing myself to be pissed off that Byram isn’t in the lineup tonight.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Game 54 = we had no answer. Game 2 = we had no answer. Game 3 = we had no answer.

If we have no answer again tonight what makes you believe that it will change for game 5 and game 6?

It's now clear that game 1 was a Lehner fluke which is why Bednar said in the last presser that they just caught them on an off night in game 1.

The Avs had over 4 xGF in game 2 while Vegas had less than 2. It was not a Lehner fluke game.

The Avs also had the higher xGF in game 2 as well...

Game 3 was a disaster, but Vegas was literally playing for there lives. If they lost game 3 the series is over. It was also the first game at home for them and with a full capacity crowd. Did anyone really expect Vegas not to give 150% that game?

There's cause for concern but constantly posting nothing but the same old shit you always post is just annoying and like I said thankfully the Avs aren't as pessimistic any ridiculous as you are about the situation.

We're up 2-1 in the series with a chance to go back home and finish the series off in 5 games if they play well tonight.

That's the real facts.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised to see Byram tonight. I don't think Bednar wants to send the message to his team that he's making "panic" changes after just one loss. After last game he put it on the players to step up, and he wants to see if they will tonight. If we see any major lineup changes, it'll be game 5 at home if the Avs lose tonight.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised to see Byram tonight. I don't think Bednar wants to send the message to his team that he's making "panic" changes after just one loss. After last game he put it on the players to step up, and he wants to see if they will tonight. If we see any major lineup changes, it'll be game 5 at home if the Avs lose tonight.

Not only that, but on home ice he can control matchups much better, so he can get Byram into softer minutes.

I think people are setting really unrealistic expectations on Byram here. He isn't Makar, he's not going to come in and single handedly change the dynamic of the team.

He may come in and be a small upgrade on Nemeth or Timmins, but that's about it and he isn't going to play more then 9-10 minutes either.

The only guy not on the roster at the moment that could seriously come in and have a major impact for us is Kadri. If he steps back in and ays like he did in the playoffs for us last season, that would make a major change for us and cause Vegass to seriously have to adjust.

Otherwise, it's mostly up to the main guys here to turn this series around and start making a big impact on the game. They are certainly capable of doing it, they are faster and more talented than Vegas. It's a matter of believing in that, and wanting the game more than Vegas.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
We need to see the same ruthless aggression that we had earlier in the season when we were hounding the puck like crazy and out-shooting teams by a wide margin.

Reactions: Francesca13

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Not only that, but on home ice he can control matchups much better, so he can get Byram into softer minutes.

I think people are setting really unrealistic expectations on Byram here. He isn't Makar, he's not going to come in and single handedly change the dynamic of the team.

He may come in and be a small upgrade on Nemeth or Timmins, but that's about it and he isn't going to play more then 9-10 minutes either.

The only guy not on the roster at the moment that could seriously come in and have a major impact for us is Kadri. If he steps back in and ays like he did in the playoffs for us last season, that would make a major change for us and cause Vegass to seriously have to adjust.

Otherwise, it's mostly up to the main guys here to turn this series around and start making a big impact on the game. They are certainly capable of doing it, they are faster and more talented than Vegas. It's a matter of believing in that, and wanting the game more than Vegas.

Agree. The other big factor with a Kadri return is that it forces JTC back to the wing. I'll never understand how the organization can't see how bad he is at center, and good he is on the wing. It's night and day. Jost is the same way except reversed. It took them forever to realize Jost is a much better player at center, and it's finally working out for him.

Getting JTC off the Bura/Donskoi line and inserting Kadri would be a huge improvement for secondary scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad