GDT: Game 4: CBJ vs. Boston - 10/12/13 - 2PM ET - FSOHD

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
there must be a curse on the metropolitan.. every team looks so awful

Yeah but it's early. Pittsburgh looks good, NYI and NYR will rebound. We'll see with Carolina, Philly, us, and Washington. Jersey isn't very good

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
Disappointed to see so many Bruin fans in the lower bowl. Didnt check stubhub, but it certainly looked like quite a few STH's cashed in.

As for the game, not happy the CBJ start 0-2 at home. Boston is a very good team. If this game was a measuring stick, the CBJ are still a little short of the best teams in the East.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Feel like I watched a different game. I thought CBJ carried the play for a lot of the game, and the Bruins were just shot blocking fools. Coming out of today's game, I can safely say I'm not worried about Columbus being able to compete with the top teams in the East.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Feel like I watched a different game. I thought CBJ carried the play for a lot of the game, and the Bruins were just shot blocking fools. Coming out of today's game, I can safely say I'm not worried about Columbus being able to compete with the top teams in the East.
While I agree that I'm not worried about the Jackets' ability to compete, games like this and the Calgary one make me worried about the market of Columbus (or more accurately the perception of the team).

They need to win at home to convince people to come back. There were too many empty seats and too many Bruins fans. They need to put up great displays at home so the fanbase improves. Winning on the road is fine, but the important thing is how they do in their own building. Flops at home especially early in the season are heart breaking for someone who is worried about the team's attendance records.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
My thought so far is this is a team that doesn't quit. I thought Boston played well, the D of that team is very cohesive, well synchronized. Our boys fought, pressed, never let up. Think about nearly any other CBJ team, and they'd never have come CLOSE to the Bruins today. Liked Gabby, Mackenzie (should wear an A, IMO), Umberger, Cam, Tyuts, Jack, ... Nearly everyone.

Seriously, did y'all see the same game as I did?

On another note, the Boston fans near us in Club were well mannered until hey were up a goal, then suddenly became mouthy ashats. Weird...

There's a reason the word for someone from Massachusetts is "M a s s h o l e" and not "Massachusettian" or something like that.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
While I agree that I'm not worried about the Jackets' ability to compete, games like this and the Calgary one make me worried about the market of Columbus (or more accurately the perception of the team).

They need to win at home to convince people to come back. There were too many empty seats and too many Bruins fans. They need to put up great displays at home so the fanbase improves. Winning on the road is fine, but the important thing is how they do in their own building. Flops at home especially early in the season are heart breaking for someone who is worried about the team's attendance records.

Not that I am worried about that attendance stuff anymore, but if I was there I would have enjoyed this game thoroughly. It was a battle.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Though loss today… the second goal let in by Bob was not good…. I also find it hard to believe that Erixon is not playing….

That said Boston is an elite team… .500 after four games is just about what I was expecting… more work needs to be done to win games as this, especially at home for the home fans..

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
Those two goals that Bob let in were really soft. First time I have seen him do that. Shades of Steve Mason in a CBJ uniform.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i sat there in my seat thinking, we can compete for a playoff spot with this team, but we're just not ready to compete with the stanley cup contenders quite yet

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
losing (basically) 2 - 1 to a team that will (should) be competing for the stanley cup is not a bad thing...show's what we need to build on still

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Weird game
Neither team looked very...sharp.
Sloppy passes and poor decisions.
Bad ice maybe?

IDK, not really the type of game I can judge.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Weird game
Bad ice maybe?

With Rask and a stifling defense is all Boston needs to win is a one goal lead... Rask is one the top five best goalies in the league..

The Jackets did ok vs. the SCF finalist Broons...

The test will be this week, four games in seven days with three on the road... we will soon get an idea of what this team is really made of...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Weird game
Bad ice maybe?

I thought both teams looked sharp. It was just that the ice got bad and the puck was bouncing almost constantly.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
With Rask and a stifling defense is all Boston needs to win is a one goal lead... Rask is one the top five best goalies in the league..

The Jackets did ok vs. the SCF finalist Broons...

The test will be this week, four games in seven days with three on the road... we will soon get an idea of what this team is really made of...

I thought both teams looked sharp. It was just that the ice got bad and the puck was bouncing almost constantly.

I agree, just a strange feel to the game.
Maybe its was just a afternoon game.
And it seemed different to me.
But even the players (on both teams) seemed a little "out of sync"?

IDK, it could be that the two teams are so much a like.
I mean the system/playstyle, not personnel.
Just weird game IMO, no real rhythm?...IDK
:)

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
There were TWO shots on goal during the first 10 minutes of the game. One for each team. Definitely not what we're used to seeing.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I agree, just a strange feel to the game.
Maybe its was just a afternoon game.
And it seemed different to me.
But even the players (on both teams) seemed a little "out of sync"?

IDK, it could be that the two teams are so much a like.
I mean the system/playstyle, not personnel.
Just weird game IMO, no real rhythm?...IDK
:)

No real rhythm indeed. I was hoping for a nice iambic pentameter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad