GDT: Game 4: CBJ vs. Boston - 10/12/13 - 2PM ET - FSOHD

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
While I agree that I'm not worried about the Jackets' ability to compete, games like this and the Calgary one make me worried about the market of Columbus (or more accurately the perception of the team).

They need to win at home to convince people to come back. There were too many empty seats and too many Bruins fans. They need to put up great displays at home so the fanbase improves. Winning on the road is fine, but the important thing is how they do in their own building. Flops at home especially early in the season are heart breaking for someone who is worried about the team's attendance records.

Sorry about the late response.

I am not worried about attendance yet. Since the early years, when we were selling out, this team has always drawn less until college football season is over. Plus, Saturday was a beautiful day. Had I not already had tickets I may have been tempted to do something else outdoors. There aren't too many nice days like that left in central Ohio at this time of year.

Granted, OSU was off that day, but there were plenty of key match-ups on TV. I would bet that had the same conditions existed for a 2 o'clock Saturday game last year there would have been at least a few thousand less in attendance.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Philly isn't exactly playing well this year. They even fired their coach after only 3 games.

They have talent, alot of talent, and Mason is playing well. They'll start scoring eventually and when they do they will be in the thick of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->