Post-Game Talk: Game #4 CAPITALS @ penguins, 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'm not defending anything. I'm saying we don't have the personnel. Can you not see that? You guys all think Vrana ius the answer. Well he isn't. Ya let's put Vrana on the first line in a line that is already defensively challenged and playing against the Crosby line. Think McFly.
We don't have the depth. You guys realize that we have 4 rookies in the lineup and 2 or 3 other players that are borderline NHLers. Do you get it now?

So what? If you don't have the balls to try fixing what clearly isn't working, and is in fact destroying the value of your first line, you're making bad coaching decisions.

It's really that simple. The fact that you can't admit even that says something about you. How about putting Stephenson on the first line, stashing Vrana on the second (where he was very effective in the 3rd period of game 2, and then bury the bottom 6?

Was that really particularly hard?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
One of the many problems with Trotz in the playoffs is understanding who's going, who isn't and cultivating that degree of competition. Their depth isn't great but they also seem to have that overly patient, dug in mentality that ultimately often turns into complacency. It's got to be a more aggressive, urgent game from puck drop.

Reactions: RandyHolt

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
They were tied until Oshie's terrible penalty and that was the game. DSP wasn't the difference.

Beg to differ. That line got killed and DSP personally handed the puck to Crosby a few times along the way. Played with fire all night, only needed to get burnt once. It wasn't a good showing, at all.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I say no. I say not this year. Pull their **** together and win 5 and 6 just like they won 2 and 3. They didn't get embarrassed in this one. Was a one goal game for all intents and purposes.

Yes but it appears they were not at all themselves without Wilson. More too for Vrana and Gersich getting a Jersey didn't make a dent

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
did not watch the full game but what i saw was not good... its not that they lost but more the body language it looked like they were ok with the split.. oh well that was prob the last game i followed live for now, just like last years its not worth to watch that round2 struggle.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
They were tied until Oshie's terrible penalty and that was the game. DSP wasn't the difference.
Ya don't get why everyone is blaming DSP. He wasn't great but he didn't lose the game for us. None if our forwards were great tonight.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Beg to differ. That line got killed and DSP personally handed the puck to Crosby a few times along the way. Played with fire all night, only needed to get burnt once. It wasn't a good showing, at all.

Of course penalties played their big role. But DSP was a difference. 1st line with him was abysmal

Like I said, I agree the experiment should have ended sooner. And I'll be happy to see it not repeated next game. But we have other guys who should be able to score 5 on 5, too. If we're a 1-line team, then f*** it anyway.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I have already said that. They should have bumped Oshie up. I dont care about the penalty. Hes the most skilled RW on that team.

you cant have one line and thats it. your gonna have dsp with kuznetsov? if he was that bad like you all say, is there a difference?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Ya don't get why everyone is blaming DSP. He wasn't great but he didn't lose the game for us. None if our forwards were great tonight.

Because you don't play not to lose, for ****'s sake. You play to win, and nothing about DSP on that line was enabling some of our BEST forwards to give the team that opportunity.

You have it so backwards.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
OK guys look at our lineup. We don't have a lot if options at RW. Its Smith Pelly, Oshie Connolly or Chaisson. This team does not have great depth. If you want to blame someone. Blame Wilson.
No, a coach should have a feel for what is and isn’t working. Not be a bird repeatedly flying into a window. Trying a different line combo would have had everything to gain and nothing to lose. It’s not like they were going to get their mojo in the last half of the 3rd period.

Reactions: calicapsfan

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Last year when letang misses the penguins find a way to win.

Game one with Malkin out pens find a way to win.

Trotz loses Wilson and Caps get zero even strength goals, few in game adjustments - and 3 shots on goal total in the 3rd (when they go into period trailing).

That’s a huge difference. You just can’t win with a coach like Trotz when you have a lack of talent the Caps have VS precious years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad