Post-Game Talk: Game #4 CAPITALS @ penguins, 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Any hate at Backstrom is misguided at this point. Blame should go to coaching tonight. I felt like the effort was pretty good. Ovi not getting a shot on goal is pretty inexcusable, need to try Chandler on the top line next game.

Reactions: calicapsfan

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
vrana needs to stop being so flippy floppy. he gets little time, people uprising. gets more time, doesnt even have a shot on goal

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Even series. Best of 3 now. Home advantage. Nothing wrong yet.

I look at it as two more Caps games, however shake my head with this series. They should just take out all replays and go back to old school. It slows the game down and takes the joy out of the air no matter what team fan a person is.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
How so? Its on Trotz. 3 shots or something for the whole period when they need a goal. DSP was as bad as anyone here could imagine. All he did is checking. Nothing more, nothing less. Terrible
DSP deserved a shot. He's had some success on the top line in limited duty. They definitely should have changed it up and played more offense in the last 40, especially last 20.

I'm not a Trotz fan at all but calling him disgusting is ridiculous.

In the end, it was 2 impossibly stupid penalties that made the difference.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
@maacoshark

You want to play this game all the time when you're right, so let's try now.

Please defend the player use and lines tonight, I'm dying to hear why they were ultimately the right calls.
I'm not defending anything. I'm saying we don't have the personnel. Can you not see that? You guys all think Vrana ius the answer. Well he isn't. Ya let's put Vrana on the first line in a line that is already defensively challenged and playing against the Crosby line. Think McFly.
We don't have the depth. You guys realize that we have 4 rookies in the lineup and 2 or 3 other players that are borderline NHLers. Do you get it now?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
PIT has one line to worry about 5-on-5 and the Caps aren't even balanced enough to beat that. Once again their depth is largely garbage and there's nothing close to the sort of cohesion needed to make it look any better than it might be individually. The Caps need to activate their defense is they're going to score with so many scrubs up front. The least they can do is battle harder.

Trotz can't on the one hand be pleased with this game and call out their lack of killer instinct. It was a soft, stupid game in large part. Very little urgency.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Kuz skating looks fine but there's not much hard shooting. Was slashed on the left hand and shook the right when the penalty was called. If he is injured that kills line 1. DSP there is more insignificant. To make that line work they need to dump and let him hit and force turnovers.

OK who is next. Only trying 1 1RW per game to find a replacement for Willy may end the series. There is not enough time for full game auditions before Willy gets back or we get eliminated.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Nice vet move by TJ Oshie taking that dumb f*** penalty that ended up losing the game. Especially after his rousing pre game press conference. Really got the guys motivated!!

Done like a true DC athlete in the a playoff situation!

Woo

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I stand by my pregame. This was the game. Either they win or the here we go again feeling hits and the don't win another game. They are done
I say no. I say not this year. Pull their shit together and win 5 and 6 just like they won 2 and 3. They didn't get embarrassed in this one. Was a one goal game for all intents and purposes.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
DSP deserved a shot. He's had some success on the top line in limited duty. They definitely should have changed it up and played more offense in the last 40, especially last 20.

I'm not a Trotz fan at all but calling him disgusting is ridiculous.

In the end, it was 2 impossibly stupid penalties that made the difference.
He deserved a chance, he failed. Halfway through, he should have been bumped down, its clear as day.

Reactions: HandsomeTom43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad