GDT: Game 39: Red Wings at kings 10:30 pm et 1/4/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Not sure how to tell you this, but it is at practices most of the coaching happens.

They have had to battle through multiple injuries without full practices,
I'm sure they've had their fair share of practices...
1704428029357.png

Where's Allen Iverson when you need him?

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
Even Seider has looked soft this season. No fight in this team.
yep, even when he tries to ply physical he falls down or the guy he tries to push doesn't move at all. this team is not going to make the playoffs and if they do it will be a 4 game sweep. they do not have mentality or physical play for a playoff run.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
yep, even when he tries to ply physical he falls down or the guy he tries to push doesn't move at all. this team is not going to make the playoffs and if they do it will be a 4 game sweep. they do not have mentality or physical play for a playoff run.
My problem is they just give up on plays before they pretty much start. There's only a couple guys that look invested in the game most shifts. But then you have players like Fabbri who look like he's trying to mentally figure out optimal sock drawer arrangements when he's on the ice.

Reactions: saska sault

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Can they please stop trying to go top shelf every time and take a page out of the kings book and put some pucks on the pads

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Oh man, that Kings team is so good. They play just phenomenal hockey and are superior vs. Wings.

Clear 1st favourite to win Cup. And that's a model how we should play.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
How many games Lalonde? What are you telling these dooods. I would be tossing things, I know the Kings are a top team but they just did get outworked by the Sharks last game.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Oh man, that Kings team is so good. They play just phenomenal hockey and are superior vs. Wings.

Clear 1st favourite to win Cup. And that's a model how we should play.

They aren't even top 5. Boston, Colorado, NYR, Vegas and Vancouver as all better than the Kings.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
f*** what a stud Larkin is. Does everything every game. Numba 1 option. Only top 12 center in league who doesn't make it to playoffs. Must be yzermans fault right everyone?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I'm curious how many ignore lists I've joined this season. I've never been a big negative poster, but this season is so hard to control frustration as a fan. It's like you are always waiting for a sliver of something.. but it never comes. Kane is a bright spot but the team tanked since he arrived. Debrincat is as advertised but we have zero grit. Seider hasn't taken the step we all hoped yet. Larkin gets a bit of a pass, he's human but still a little passion missing from the guy wearing the C. It's a struggle to find positives, but I am confident if they can put any streak together it will bring alot of the downers back onto the side of enjoying watching Red Wing hockey again.

The lack of practice time sucks, but guess what. Larkin and some guys have had more time off in the summer than 90 percent of the league and haven't been playing many hard, meaningful games. Coaches and players are all professionals in the top league, no sympathy this year. Last few years, I could enjoy the small victories in losses. This year effort isn't even there.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
It's his job (I think it would actually suck a lot to have to blow smoke when you know the team is sucking).
When you've been around as long as Mickey, you find more subtle ways to deliver the criticism. Ozzy is still too green to be anything other than "everything is rosy all the time"

Reactions: Sadekuuro

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Reason we're not down 5-0 is Lyon. Only guy who's come to play. I'm done with the Kane experiment. It's nice to have him but even as much as he's contributing isn't nough to overcome this defensive dumpster fire.
Please tell me what forward has been good defensively. Don’t just blame Kane

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Maatta is so much worse this season. So frustrating watching a defense paid this much and perform so poorly.

Reactions: Filppula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad