GDT: Game 39: Red Wings at kings 10:30 pm et 1/4/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
It seems as if the boys are still snuggled up in their hotel, because they clearly have yet to show up.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
As usual, a forward is leaving a player wide open when covering for a defenseman.
I don't know that I'd consider the player wide open. I think Veleno was there.... it's just that no one on this team seems to play the man anymore. Veleno was trying to play the puck instead of drilling the player or driving him out of the crease.

And now the wheels have come off

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Also take note Wings.... Kopitar... a very pass happy player took a shot to create a rebound. That's a thing that can be done.

• Wow
Reactions: SoupGuru

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
How many complete defensive breakdowns is enough yzerman. Change something this is a joke. Somehow Ed isn’t good enough defensively… look at what’s out there now.

Reactions: Filppula

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I was wondering when the Lalonde Hating troll would show up? lol
Which one - there's many of us...

'Come hate with us"...

1704426824089.png

just like i thought, kings will probably shut wings out, 5-0.
I'd say 8-1

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
f***ing forward just left that dman and that dman had a wide open shot that almost resulted in a goal from the rebound.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
?
On a more serious note - I figure at this point we need to lose a lot in order to get better.

Those days are finished. Losing to try and get a top draft pick hasn't worked. They have the personnel to be much, much better than they've been in the last calendar month.

To me, this is 100% on coaching.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I'm pretty sure our defensive strategy is to confuse them by swirling around and keeping them guessing as to which player we're going to cover. Or maybe we won't even cover anyone at all! That's sure to confuse them. They won't know what to do and will turn the puck over because of the chaos.

Reactions: jkutswings

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Those days are finished. Losing to try and get a top draft pick hasn't worked. They have the personnel to be much, much better than they've been in the last calendar month.

I think he means losing to get a new coach.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
f***ing forward just left that dman and that dman had a wide open shot that almost resulted in a goal from the rebound.
yup saw that. How the f*** is every team able to get their pucks through but when we try from the point it gets blocked or defelcted out of play etc?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Ya Perron. D moved the puck and he just left his man and they moved it right back. This shit is elementary, but for this team happens non stop. Lalonde clearly can’t fix it or hold guys accountable

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

Losing games for a 'better' draft pick was only part of my solution...The other part is the team continues to struggle where Yzerman has no other options other than to replace the coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad