GDT: Game 39: Red Wings at kings 10:30 pm et 1/4/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
In this 15 game stretch including the sharks meltdown loss. I just haven't seen anything that shows me they are gonna snap out of this, some wins. But mostly sloppy wins in there.

Before every new game I hope we are gonna finally get that change. But they keep saying the same things but yeah same ol' stuff.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
How many complete defensive breakdowns is enough yzerman. Change something this is a joke. Somehow Ed isn’t good enough defensively… look at what’s out there now.

If he's still of the mindset of "well we're still collecting assets and not ready for the playoffs", then he needs a kick in the pants from ownership. It's not acceptable in a serious hockey market to be in Year 5 of a rebuild and still be outside of the playoffs.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Wings haven't really had any full practices since the beginning of December. Some people are panicking worse than the Wings D corps

Reactions: Henkka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't know that I'd consider the player wide open. I think Veleno was there.... it's just that no one on this team seems to play the man anymore. Veleno was trying to play the puck instead of drilling the player or driving him out of the crease.
The whole team is soft. 10 ply. Bottom of the league in hits. They all want to play Cholo hockey now. Don't want to get cooties by touching someone.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Larkin has been atrocious defensively
Larkin was always overrated by people for his defensive abilities, but his set point usually is "not a liability" and there have been stretches, usually in the last 20 games of seasons, where he's been terrible defensively.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I remember being blown away by Vegas when they came into the league. They challenged every puck and were just so tenacious. The Wings are the opposite of that. Weak, timid, poke and hope, looking lost,

Bob Probert Owns You

Sep 25, 2007
MI
The number of easy passes put behind players or in their skates is unacceptable for a professional team.

Also, the defense core is atrocious.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I remember being blown away by Vegas when they came into the league. They challenged every puck and were just so tenacious. The Wings are the opposite of that. Weak, timid, poke and hope, looking lost,

They play a brand of hockey that makes it hard for fans to root for. No grit lately, constant defensive breakdowns, and a tendency to give up the puck for free anytime any pressure is applied. Honestly think Sprong may be our best forward last 10-15 games overall which says something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad