GDT: Game 39: Red Wings at kings 10:30 pm et 1/4/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Alright you good people. Good win and hopefully they keep going.

starting-to.gif

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
LA is better team , but not by much. Forget game against sharks, we have 2 solid games against Boston and LA, it's promising.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I know I went on a fairly negative rant after the first, shame on me.

I still feel like that rant had merit. But if the Wings are going to make a playoff push this month, it will be on the back of Alex Lyon. It isn't a great formula by any means, but for this team to succeed, they will require hero goaltending. Only Lyon so far is up for that daunting challenge.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

I still feel like that rant had merit. But if the Wings are going to make a playoff push this month, it will be on the back of Alex Lyon. It isn't a great formula by any means, but for this team to succeed, they will require hero goaltending. Only Lyon so far is up for that daunting challenge.

I'm in the same boat. Passionate fan base problems, and fans that just want to win. I think if the team continues to go down quick and start games late, everyone should be a little critical. I give full props to the team for not sulking, they earned 2 points tonight.

Also Petry has some moments I really like his game, he does have some grit that lacks at times.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

Well Lyon was key for FLA getting into the playoffs last season...As for the rant - I'm usually the one providing the gasoline for the torches...

1704436833132.png

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP
Was just watching the highlights and the amount of good chances and totally avoidable goals against is just annoying:

Maatta with the Hudini special and just disappearing from right out in front…1-0

Basically 3 players around the carrier, leaving him all alone in the slot…3-3

Don’t understand why we can’t purge that stuff. Lyon made some excellent saves. Kane’s gf must be enjoying life, he has soft and sweet hands.

Love the 2 points

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018

absolutely I still dont like the wings team defense as a unit. It doesnt lead to sustainable winning, but it would be nice to at least get league avr goaltending.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Was just watching the highlights and the amount of good chances and totally avoidable goals against is just annoying:

Maatta with the Hudini special and just disappearing from right out in front…1-0

Basically 3 players around the carrier, leaving him all alone in the slot…3-3

Don’t understand why we can’t purge that stuff. Lyon made some excellent saves. Kane’s gf must be enjoying life, he has soft and sweet hands.

Love the 2 points

Personally blame Holl more for that 1st goal but I'm also just a fan. The way I view it, he is playing his man.. almost brings him to the outside and then with even numbers on the back check decides to chase to the far left side, almost to the bench. You would think just staying on your side and taking Kempe is very simple. Holls job should be protecting the net.

Personally blame Holl more for that 1st goal but I'm also just a fan. The way I view it, he is playing his man.. almost brings him to the outside and then with even numbers on the back check decides to chase to the far left side, almost to the bench. You would think just staying on your side and taking Kempe is very simple. Holls job should be protecting the net.

You would think that. But then again, it’s the vaunted RW defense. Holl being in Nowhereland and Joey having to over for him isn’t good. But nonetheless, the situation was actually under control. All Maatta has to do is shutting down the lane cuz the carrier had no real look. Instead he does exactly the wrong thing.

Reactions: Sentinel

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022

I thought Veleno should have backed him up better.

Reactions: saska sault

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I'm in the same boat. Passionate fan base problems, and fans that just want to win. I think if the team continues to go down quick and start games late, everyone should be a little critical. I give full props to the team for not sulking, they earned 2 points tonight.

Also Petry has some moments I really like his game, he does have some grit that lacks at times.

Nothing wrong with being a passionate fan....

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Holy smokes! They won! How cool, I watched 2 goals in less than five minutes and had to turn it off. Couldn't afford to stay up late.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Holy smokes! They won! How cool, I watched 2 goals in less than five minutes and had to turn it off. Couldn't afford to stay up late.
Yeah the Wings had no business winning last night, but here we are…Hopefully the trend continues and we’re back in a wild card spot.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I blame the coach, lol.

Holl chases the puck, then Maatta chases the puck, and Joey didn't even have his stick on the ice. Looks like Madison Bowey is coaching the team, the defensive scheme is now to chase the puck.

Reactions: FMichael

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad