Post-Game Talk: GAME #39: Canucks 0, Jets 1

Interwebuserguy

Aug 2, 2005
Great game by the boys. Showed a lot in this game and the TB game. Sure, they lost again.. but all it would have taken is for one of those grade A+ chances to go in.

I'm more surprised that people aren't more pissed off about that dirty shiv by scheifele. Technically you can hit guys from behind in some circumstances but I believe the only way this should be allowed is close against the boards when players are able to shield the puck and the defending player can hit them. Of course, in this case the defender is at a stand still which is why it's ok. You can't come up from behind with a head of steam or its boarding. Should be the same for a open ice hit from behind.

Total gutless bullshit.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Reffing is consistently a problem across the NHL. They either make too many crap calls or they don’t call anything. When every single team in the league agrees reffing quality is terrible, you have a problem.

It's not inconsistent its the normal operating procedure for reffing against teams .

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Even though the Canucks lost, its very hard not like and be excited about this young core. The kids are so young , this will be a learning experience . What an entertaining game
I don't think they made many mistakes tonight. Hard to learn when there's nothing to learn from.

...maybe hit the net more? and get more penalties called?

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Great game by the boys. Showed a lot in this game and the TB game. Sure, they lost again.. but all it would have taken is for one of those grade A+ chances to go in.

I'm more surprised that people aren't more pissed off about that dirty shiv by scheifele. Technically you can hit guys from behind in some circumstances but I believe the only way this should be allowed is close against the boards when players are able to shield the puck and the defending player can hit them. Of course, in this case the defender is at a stand still which is why it's ok. You can't come up from behind with a head of steam or its boarding. Should be the same for a open ice hit from behind.

Total gutless bull****.
They know it's Vancouver you'll get a pass and fist bump .

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Great game tonight, please don't arrest Broissoit for theft.

I really dig the Canucks last few years now that there's no Bieksa and Burrows. Really can get behind your new young group, best of luck getting that Wild Card spot, I and a lot of Jet fans are pulling for you

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Great game tonight, please don't arrest Broissoit for theft.

I really dig the Canucks last few years now that there's no Bieksa and Burrows. Really can get behind your new young group, best of luck getting that Wild Card spot, I and a lot of Jet fans are pulling for you
Exciting game none the less, Im glad we dont have to see you dicks again this season, what was it like 1-12 against Winnipeg in the last 13?

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Jesus now I hate Tampa and Winnipeg....I have run out of teams that I can tolerate....

Ha-ha, I like the Jets. Plenty of skill and they can also bring it physically. I'd like them to win the Cup. I just wanted them to lose tonight.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Virtanen looks like he's taken another tangible step forward in his development the last 8-10 games.

So confident with the puck lately..
Making real plays with the puck now..

His danger level as an opponent is creeping upwards..

I was trying to watch Ehlers this game as well...

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Ha-ha, I like the Jets. Plenty of skill and they can also bring it physically. I'd like them to win the Cup. I just wanted them to lose tonight.

When you need a ref to bend over and give you a freebee you don't deserve anything.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Weird game. We've had a few this season where we played like ass and won so can't really complain when the opposite happens.

Still, what a brutal non call om chariot. Easily the worst I've seen this season. How do you let that go. And then the Jets score.

Ekvser if people still peddle the narrative that gudbranson is a deterrent.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Interesting to see we are currently running out only 2 forward units on the PK.

Beagle-Granlund
Roussel-Eriksson

That's it.

I don't think I remember seeing them do that before..

Well damn... it's working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad