Post-Game Talk: GAME #39: Canucks 0, Jets 1

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Will be a tough one, Winnipeg is a TOP team. 5-3 Jets our goals by Goldobin Beagle and Horvat

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Why do we have to play the Jets again..?..For whatever reason we seem to match up poorly against this team,and they firmly have our number...

We’re a bit healthier..win or lose,I hope it’s an entertaining game..with no injuries.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Jets is another team who's armed to the teeth with premium talents.

This is not gonna be pretty...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
For whatever region, the Jets are an ugly matchup for the Canucks. Big, fast team who put a lot of pressure on the Canucks blueline down low. If the Canucks are absolutely on top their game; and the Jets are a little dozy in the middle of a long road-trip, then maybe they've got a shot.

Markstrom will have to be at least as good as he was against the Blues. Need a big game from that top line of Petey and Boesser.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Why do we have to play the Jets again..?..For whatever reason we seem to match up poorly against this team,and they firmly have our number...

We’re a bit healthier..win or lose,I hope it’s an entertaining game..with no injuries.

It doesn't surprise me particularly that the Jets have our number.

There are teams we can hang with, and teams we can beat because we are able to matchup or are better in some aspect of the game vs them...

The Jets firmly outmatch our team. They basically have everything our roster does, but larger, faster, more experienced and with better depth.

...Jets are basically who most teams would love their team to be. A fast, skilled team with size that is a perennial cup contender.

A win, even a point against this current incarnation of the Jets for our team would be something worth celebrating.

...colour me pleasantly surprised if this isn't a regulation loss.

5-4 Jets

Beagle, EP, Boeser, Horvat

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Remember when everyone was shitting on Markstrom? And a few of us said he was the only reason we were in a lot of the games?

Who likes crow, anyone?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Remember when everyone was ****ting on Markstrom? And a few of us said he was the only reason we were in a lot of the games?

Who likes crow, anyone?

The Benning bros will take any opportunity to trash Markstrom, Edler, Hutton, even Horvat. If Marky lets in a goal early they will be right back at it.

Reactions: Morenz

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
This one's going to be tough. I hope we don't get blown out.

I hope we stay close to the end, but mostly, I hope we get out of this game with no injuries. Thanks, Santa.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
The Benning bros will take any opportunity to trash Markstrom, Edler, Hutton, even Horvat. If Marky lets in a goal early they will be right back at it.
Wining on goalies is a time honored Vancouver tradition. Its been done since Potvins time (at least) and reached a new levels during the Loungo era.

Reactions: GoldyNuck

Var

Nov 10, 2007
Another tough test for sure. Will take a top tier effort to come away with a W. Expect a big game from Bo.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Power is still out - we're on Hour 40. This is the GDT.

Jebus... You're on the Island right? 40 hrs and counting? Is it 1950?

I'd be panicking after 4 hours. Hundreds of dollars in groceries in the freezer and fridge this time of the year for me. I'd be out hoarding all of the bags of ice I could.

Good Luck.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012

"For whatever reason"? The reason is that they have a way better team that was assembled by a far more competent management team. Its like you are inferring that these are similar quality teams but can't figure out why the Jets keep beating up on us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad