Post-Game Talk: GAME #39: Canucks 0, Jets 1

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
What a joke of a league just an absolute joke of a league.
Bobble head Bettmans stripes win again

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Reffing is consistently a problem across the NHL. They either make too many crap calls or they don’t call anything. When every single team in the league agrees reffing quality is terrible, you have a problem.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Wow.. what a fantastic game played by the team... deserved a better fate.

The difference between our 55 teeing it up vs their 55 teeing it up in crunch time.. haha..

I bet we could have won if we actually hit the net tonight.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It says something about this current edition of the Canucks that a 1-0 game was still very very entertaining to watch.

Damn fine effort from the boys, some bad puck luck and missed calls, otherwise this game could have looked a lot different.
No bounces at all, I think all 4 liners have a great A scoring chances
Hell, Boeser could have 2 goals

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Reffing is consistently a problem across the NHL. They either make too many crap calls or they don’t call anything. When every single team in the league agrees reffing quality is terrible, you have a problem.

I could understand if it happened away from the play, but both refs had a clear look at the hit on Motte and did nothing. Absolutely brutal.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Canucks got jobbed horrific officiating.

Might have been the best game I’ve seen Jake Virtanen play at th NHL level though
I think it's safe to say he will be a good NHL player.

What kind of level of NHL player still remains to be seen.

I don't think he's ever going to be a first line forward, but if he can even be a lower end 2nd line winger, I think we can be very happy.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I think it's safe to say he will be a good NHL player.

What kind of level of NHL player still remains to be seen.

I don't think he's ever going to be a first line forward, but if he can even be a lower end 2nd line winger, I think we can be very happy.
Yes, especially given how poorly he showed early on. So pleased with his progress, and a solid second liner would be a peachy outcome for Jake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad