Post-Game Talk: GAME 39 - Biggest Win Of The Year - BRUINS 3 Buffalo 2 F/OT - We're on to South Bend!!!!

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Debrusk looks legit. I would love to see him and Bergeron together.

Followed by

Marchand-Krejci-Pastrnak
Kid Line
Accairi-Kurlay-Wagner (with Nordstrom subbing in)

All 3 lines have shown really good chemistry. Just have to figure out a wing for Debrusk-Bergeron.

Maybe even try Backes there. I know he hasn’t been a top 6 player, but maybe he could find his game with these two like Recchi did when he came here.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Debrusk was a ****ing beast on the entire shift of his goal. Took, and gave a beating in front of the net before tipping one through.

I was stunned to see Kuraly out there with two D against Eichel. Even more surprised they didn’t try to hold possession and change out Kuraly and a D. Then he goes full speed and scores an unreal working mans goal on the net drive. I’m still in shock.

I've always felt Kuraly was under appreciated and curious why they haven't tried him in the top 6. Could be an interesting option.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think DeBrusk works well with Krejci at times but hard to tell with no RW, which is essential to making a line work. It's basically a 2 person line
I don’t recall too many goals that resulted from actual chemistry between the two . If they succeeded it was more the result of an individual effort. Obviously adding a good RW would help but for the time being I would like to see how Bergeron- Debrusk look .

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don’t recall too many goals that resulted from actual chemistry between the two . If they succeeded it was more the result of an individual effort. Obviously adding a good RW would help but for the time being I would like to see how Bergeron- Debrusk look .
I don’t see it as well. It was good to see the background focus on DeBrusk during the PP. He was taking a beating before deflecting the puck. Most of his goals are the scrapping type. I don’t see to much setting up by Krejci. However, he does have the most time played with him out of all the wingers. I guess that’s something by now.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Seriously ? Kuraly is fine on the 4th line but to move him up to the 4th line with his terrible puck skills and lack of vision would be painful to watch.

If I'm forced to make the case for his top 6 role. Perhaps he could play the role Lucic or Shaw does in Montreal opening space with his physical play for the other 2 skill players.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Seriously ? Kuraly is fine on the 4th line but to move him up to the 4th line with his terrible puck skills and lack of vision would be painful to watch.

He reminds me a little of Debrusk / speed and puck pursuit. Does have some finish. You're exaggerating his lack of puck skills.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
What a brutal game. Seeing Kuraly on Bergeron's wing or Nordstrom on Krejci's is just painful to watch.

Chara is not 100% yet, use him only for PK and defensive face offs. I would go 11F and 7D at least a couple of games. One less 4th liner is no loss at all.
Donato had another terrible game. Lazy to move his legs, cherry picking on his partial breakaway, couldn't stay on his feet, brutal turnover in the 2nd period.
Heinen is just an enigma. He is like a diesel engine, he has no extra gear or jump of fight or step or pass or anything.
Acciari goal shot was not wide. He shot it directly to the Hutton's blocker. Luckily for him it deflected to the Sabres defender and from him to the crease. I would still waive him the day before yesterday.
Pasta being QB on PP is another stupid thing. It negates his one timer from left circle plus his defending 2 on 1 was very poor.

DeBrusk is just a machine. That backcheck when he was already gased was a thing of beauty.
Krejci is a zen master. I admire his patience with this neverending travesty of revolving wing. By trade deadline I expect a Zamboni driver to have a regular shifts on his line after everybody had his turn including a public tryouts.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
That's what they call "interference".

No it's not. Youre allowed to step in front of someone if youre heading in that direction and get there first.

I feel like im in crazy town. Krecji did zero wrong on that play. Joke of a call. Penalty was on skinner

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Very happy for the 2 points but I feel like the refs gave it to us with a pretty bad call at the end of the third. Krejci needs 2 wings; DeBrusk and Pasta or Marchand and Pasta. The other one with Bergie and Nordstrom/Backes/Donato/Providence player. Heinen stays on the kid line with JFK.

We are one trade and one player like JFK cementing his role.

To me this year is about growth. I would like to make one move and at this point I favor a veteran that will legitimize a 2nd line. Not looking for Tarasenko or Panarin. But building a team that will compete in the playoffs is good for the growth of our younger players.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
huge win love it...wow the chances Heinen and Acciari get too bad cant bury them for goals....great game also from carlo.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
so in a 3 on 3 situation with no D help you let Skinner skate right by?

you let him go or beat him to the puck. dont stop and put and arm out. we had a defenseman headed towards the puck. looked like krejci was giving him time to get there first by interfereing.

it was still a weak call for overtime. but the nhl makes up calls if they feel they made a bad call earlier. and i think the call on pasta was kinda weak too and it gave them tbe tying goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad