Post-Game Talk: GAME 39 - Biggest Win Of The Year - BRUINS 3 Buffalo 2 F/OT - We're on to South Bend!!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
And Montreal just lost 5-6. Good night for the Bs.

A very good night

upload_2018-12-29_22-54-54.png

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Good to see Acciari score a goal. I feel like this has been 40 game tryout for the 4th line. Unfortunately there are 6-8 players auditioning every night..... Kuraly and Nordstrom are the only two I have cemented in that role.

Carlo was awesome. Lock him up before the point starts coming. Never going to be big producer, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't sit around 20-25 a season. He plays big minutes and is around the puck a lot.

DeBrusk battles. That's what separates him from some of the other young forwards IMO. Gets denied a couple of times, he just gets after it harder. Almost similar to what you see from Marchand. Would love to see him with Bergeron.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Last time Sabres beat Bruins a poster (Matter 2003) was here gloating so good do not have to see him tonite.Went for a peek on their board and he is in hiding.:ipeace

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Have a question.Bruins won i get that but their first 2 sets of forwards in overtime never had Pasta among them.Is that smart coaching in your honest opinions?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Or fans doing the game in Buffalo on the way to South Bend.

Could be on to something but the way they have played lately and that detour would not be ideal. My experience with over 30 plus years of going to games in Buffalo, (which is a half hour away) is without Canadian support the team would have been called Hamilton Sabres decades ago.

Buffalo in winter, you never know what will happen. On the shores of Lake Erie they face the lake effect winter storms that can dump a lot of snow in a very short time. I remember going to games and fights breaking out in the stands between Sabre and Bruin fans all the time. We would organize bus trips, lol drinking trips, back when games were not as expensive.

Leaf games in Buffalo are more than half Leaf fans, similar with any original six team. If I was going to the Winter Classic I would not bother with a Sabre game, unless you were coming from further west. The Arena is nice and the wings well that might do it. They are awesome.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Have a question.Bruins won i get that but their first 2 sets of forwards in overtime never had Pasta among them.Is that smart coaching in your honest opinions?

During the game I was thinking that he might be holding him back in order to sneak him out there at the most opportune time, during the flow of play.

Obviously I’m not sure at all if there’s any validity to that theory.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009

Especially since there was no Marchand. Did Pasta even get a shift in OT? Certainly was weird to see Kuraly and I believe 2 defensemen on that last shift

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Debrusk was a f***ing beast on the entire shift of his goal. Took, and gave a beating in front of the net before tipping one through.

I was stunned to see Kuraly out there with two D against Eichel. Even more surprised they didn’t try to hold possession and change out Kuraly and a D. Then he goes full speed and scores an unreal working mans goal on the net drive. I’m still in shock.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If the B's lose this game I bet we'd see over 10 pages in the PGT by now...

...but I'm OK with 2 points and 4 pages.

True. It depends when they lost it though. If it’s 2-1, we all shit on the top guys who played like passengers. Honestly I’m tired of the Wagners and the Nordstrom’s of the team bringing the most to the table.

If they lose early in OT, meh. Nice job to get it tied up. They just didn’t have the healthy horses to outlast Eichel and Co.

If they lost during the 4-3 in OT I’m all over Krejci. He got hauled down a bit on the shoulder but in that situation just skate your lane instead of pinching a guy off.

Luckily this is all a game of what if

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
A win is a win, but it wasn’t pretty. They played very uninspired hockey for a lot of the game. Carlo and DeBrusk were the two that stood out to me that brought some compete to the ice. Acciari and Kuraly do as well, but unfortunately the skill isn’t entirely there to match the effort.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Just watched the entire game in 15 minutes skipping over minutes at a time only to stop to check highlights when I saw the score change, got all the way to Debrusk's goal, was happy they tied it then I watched OT in real time........I could barely stomach the OT pk and then completely lost my mind when I saw Kuraly & Miller out there with Gryz.....right as I was going to have my nervous breakdown Kuraly scores that goal.

I don't even know what to feel anymore.

Reactions: compan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Could be on to something but the way they have played lately and that detour would not be ideal. My experience with over 30 plus years of going to games in Buffalo, (which is a half hour away) is without Canadian support the team would have been called Hamilton Sabres decades ago.

Buffalo in winter, you never know what will happen. On the shores of Lake Erie they face the lake effect winter storms that can dump a lot of snow in a very short time.
I remember going to games and fights breaking out in the stands between Sabre and Bruin fans all the time. We would organize bus trips, lol drinking trips, back when games were not as expensive.

Leaf games in Buffalo are more than half Leaf fans, similar with any original six team. If I was going to the Winter Classic I would not bother with a Sabre game, unless you were coming from further west. The Arena is nice and the wings well that might do it. They are awesome.

Interstate 90 starts in Boston and goes thru Buffalo and then South Bend.

I have made the drive from Boston to Chicago many times and in the winter you always take the Ontario route on the north side of Lake Erie as heavy snowfall is less likely. It is actually the shortest distance in miles as well crossing from Niagara to Port Huron, Michigan.

@Alicat A few years ago I thought I was having hallucinations when I saw this on I-69 in Michigan.

466991_022011bus.jpg

I have been telling people for a year a drive to South Bend in late December is a crap shoot - it could be 50 degrees or 50 inches of snow. Buffalo gets the bad publicity but Cleveland and Toledo are not Miami Beach either. Then when you get to Indiana you deal with the backside of Lake Michigan. Northwest Indiana near South Bend is notorious for lake effect snow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad