Post-Game Talk: GAME 39 - Biggest Win Of The Year - BRUINS 3 Buffalo 2 F/OT - We're on to South Bend!!!!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Interstate 90 starts in Boston and goes thru Buffalo and then South Bend.

I have made the drive from Boston to Chicago many times and in the winter you always take the Ontario route on the north side of Lake Erie as heavy snowfall is less likely. It is actually the shortest distance in miles as well crossing from Niagara to Port Huron, Michigan.

@Alicat A few years ago I thought I was having hallucinations when I saw this on I-69 in Michigan.

466991_022011bus.jpg

I have been telling people for a year a drive to South Bend in late December is a crap shoot - it could be 50 degrees or 50 inches of snow. Buffalo gets the bad publicity but Cleveland and Toledo are not Miami Beach either. Then when you get to Indiana you deal with the backside of Lake Michigan. Northwest Indiana near South Bend is notorious for lake effect snow.
I’m hallucinating at that photo.

It’s a long way from home

Reactions: Fenway

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Sometimes you lose games you should have won. Sometimes you win games you probably should have lost.

I'm all in favour of playing Pasta with Krejci, and trying DeBrusk with Bergy, but I'd be loathe to break up Bergy-Marchand. They have too much chemistry. It just highlights the problem: We have 5 top-6 players.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
If I'm forced to make the case for his top 6 role. Perhaps he could play the role Lucic or Shaw does in Montreal opening space with his physical play for the other 2 skill players.
I don’t know . Kuraly can carry the puck even though most of the time it leads to no results. If he played in the top 6 and was carrying the puck less not sure how effective he could be . I would rather him as the 4th line center preventing other teams from scoring and maybe getting the odd goal .

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
Since there is worse players in the lineup, sending Heinen to the pressbox ain’t the smartest move to make.

But so aren’t putting Nordstrom on a 1st line or starting OT with Kuraly or ending it with Miller-Kuraly.

So what do I know...
Heinen had a rec hockey level forecheck on a 50/50 puck with Bergeron behind him to support, I think he could have heard me yelling at him from the 300 level and he definitely heard Cassidy because he was giving it to him on the bench so bad I could tell from my seat 200 feet away, he didn’t play another shift in the period and not much after that either. Not a super high profile play you would always notice but it’s plays like that our best players work their butts off for to make that allow them to be successful. Hopefully Heinen uses it as a positive to realize that kind of effort is not acceptable, especially if you think your gonna be on the ice with Bergeron and pasta.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Bergeron pretty much pointless in the last 3 games. What gives, has he sucked since that first game back?

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Had a goal in Boston against NJ.But hey he stinks.

That's why I said "pretty much" pointless...no credit given for a super lucky goal which bounced in off his body. I was just wondering why Bergeron has suddenly gone quiet after that 4 point explosion.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
That's why I said "pretty much" pointless...no credit given for a super lucky goal which bounced in off his body. I was just wondering why Bergeron has suddenly gone quiet after that 4 point explosion.

I suggest you Google the term "small sample size".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad