Post-Game Talk: GAME 39 - A hard earned point - Avs 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
People ragging on Pasta is ridiculous, I really hope he asks to be traded, this fanbase doesn't deserve him. Smh

This idea that any player is immune from online hockey forum criticism is very silly.

Pasta played like dog shit. It’s ok. You’re not a bad fan because you don’t fanboy it up 100% of the time.

Like the player a lot. He’s essential to this team’s success as we’ve seen time and time again. But he sucked tonight. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a game far below his normal standard.

If saying that makes a fanbase undeserving of a player, you think about this whole being a fan thing far differently than I do.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I was out there in 2017 and saw a game with one of those New England transplants who lives in Denver. The crowd was AT LEAST half Bruins fans. 80% of the fans surrounding me in my section were Bruins fans.

A few years earlier, I went to a piano bar in the basement while the Red Sox were in the playoffs in downtown Denver. You would have thought you were in The Greatest Bar. It’s incredible how many (millennials in particular) have moved out there and taken their NE sports loyalty with them.
This bar in Denver was designed after a Back Bay bar that closed because of COVID

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
A point on the road in Colorado?

aa767c20-d221-4b2c-bdb5-4c0238bba812_498x260.gif

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I mean, I love Pasta, but I could have done THAT lol

I might be giving him too much credit. But he’s done that shot from behind his back essentially several times now this season.

If he’s thinking the goalie has seen it before, which he probably has, uncorking a shot quickly like he did had a chance of catching him off balance.

Didn’t work obviously. But it’s not a terrible idea.

Or I made all of that up. Either or.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I mean, I love Pasta, but I could have done THAT lol

Bs tested Georgiyev’s 5 hole a lot in this game.

Idk if that was on the scouting report or what but it was tested and it was completely covered…

Reactions: Gordoff

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Hey Jim how about we start selecting other players for the shoot-out, it seems we never see any of the rookies. Maybe there is a hidden gem in that group. Was a good game back and forth except that last Av's goal Jeremy should of had it. Let's see if the Bruins play the Coyotes with the same intensity as they seem to do with better teams. The Coyotes have improved but I still believe we are much better than them.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Hey Jim how about we start selecting other players for the shoot-out, it seems we never see any of the rookies. Maybe there is a hidden gem in that group. Was a good game back and forth except that last Av's goal Jeremy should of had it. Let's see if the Bruins play the Coyotes with the same intensity as they seem to do with better teams. The Coyotes have improved but I still believe we are much better than them.
I'd be for that just to see but if he did that randomly and didn't put his best goal scorers out there he'd get attacked hard, right?

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This idea that any player is immune from online hockey forum criticism is very silly.

Pasta played like dog shit. It’s ok. You’re not a bad fan because you don’t fanboy it up 100% of the time.

Like the player a lot. He’s essential to this team’s success as we’ve seen time and time again. But he sucked tonight. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a game far below his normal standard.

If saying that makes a fanbase undeserving of a player, you think about this whole being a fan thing far differently than I do.
It’s part of the deal. Guys like him are bound to have bad games and certain quirks. The dude is a scoring machine and if they don’t have them, your looking at a top 5 draft pick.

• Wow
Reactions: SonnyBoy

KWbruin

May 29, 2019
Kitchener, ON
My entertainment value was high. Exciting game. Bruins looked really good at times, looked kinda brutal at others, but they played a pretty good team. How about a little Wotherspoon love? 20+ minutes including 1:54 of 2:00 during Lindholm's penalty late in the third. :oops: On for one goal for (Beecher's), one against (Avs' 3rd). Looked ok in an increased role.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Shootouts suck. Get rid of em. Ill take the point.

Hopefully Carlo is okay. I feel like that kid always gets hurt in these "homecoming ganes". Probably Pasta's worst game this season. Lazy. Gassed. Just not in it. I'll take the altitude as a reason. I expect him to 100 step it up tomorrow.

Sway deserved better.

Monty better put Lauko back in.
Altitude did him in

He’s high on life and this was to much for him

Poor kid

Reactions: Mione134

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Shattenkirk was also pretty awful tonight. Liked Beecher on wing. Why is Boqvist still on the NHL roster?
Agreed but they seem to be sending Lauko and Beecher a message they are replaceable .... maybe light a fire under the both of them ... Boqvist is likely just a place holder, supposedly defensively responsible

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pasta had a rough night.

I'm glad we got a point out of that game, but they wasted a 4 on 3 PP
I think the Bs need more effort from other players. Can't expect Pasta and Brad to do it all.

Pasta looked gassed out there.

Also, I hate the shoot outs but none of the Bs had a good effort there.

Shattenkirk was also pretty awful tonight. Liked Beecher on wing. Why is Boqvist still on the NHL roster?
Beecher had some good moments.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad