GDT: Game 38: Sabres vs Blues - 12/27 8pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Management has gone on record calling this a building season, Botterill said he plans no buying moves trade deadline.

Man people are gonna be pissed at him when they dont make the playoffs this year

Cause this roster they are icing tonight will not make the playoffs

I personally dont mind cause they arent a Cup caliber team but the large majority are gonna be (probably rightly) upset

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Terrible effort all the way around. They came out flying in the first and looked like shit for the remaining two periods.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Just throw them in a cesspool, whilst in a playoff position? Brilliant. Call-ups are hard earned, and peppered into the line-up. If all your guys are sucking, who do you scratch? I see Wilson replacing Elie, and Botts having the tough job of evaluating mediocrity before the deadline.
Tage and Vlad are two in particular that tank every line they are clipped to and make no meaningful hockey plays with any consistency. Every other Sabre forward has something they can hang their hats on. Start with those two.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Just throw them in a cesspool, whilst in a playoff position? Brilliant. Call-ups are hard earned, and peppered into the line-up. If all your guys are sucking, who do you scratch? I see Wilson replacing Elie, and Botts having the tough job of evaluating mediocrity before the deadline.

Cesspool? The Sabres are in a playoff position.

You dont think call ups have been earned? I do.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Tage and Vlad are two in particular that tank every line they are clipped to and make no meaningful hockey plays with any consistency. Every other Sabre forward has something they can hang their hats on. Start with those two.
Is Okposo scoring at a clip you're ok with? Will he help Alex Nylander fill the net beside Mitts??

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Man people are gonna be pissed at him when they dont make the playoffs this year

Cause this roster they are icing tonight will not make the playoffs

I personally dont mind cause they arent a Cup caliber team but the large majority are gonna be (probably rightly) upset
Garbage hot take the team will still make the playoffs the 1st line wins games by themselves along with two stout goalies.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Garbage hot take the team will still make the playoffs the 1st line wins games by themselves along with two stout goalies.
The scenario you're advocating has a 1 line team limping in, with unproven goaltending. I'd love the playoffs, but that's reality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad