GDT: Game 38: Sabres vs Blues - 12/27 8pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Roost

Apr 6, 2017
Erie
Further proof that this team is a good team but still pretty far from contending for a cup. The truth is they will be battling for one of the wildcard spots at the end of the season. The worst thing Botts could do is make a panic trade at the deadline for an over priced rental. Hold on to the 4 first round picks and let your prospects keep developing in Roch. These guys are still fun to watch even if you're only watching for the top line and a few others. The hardest thing for me to watch is Okposo(thanks Tim Murray for that guy) turn pucks over and neutralize Mittlestadt.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Their flight wasn't even as long as my commuter rail/subway trips to Barclays Center. If that left then exhausted we have real problems.

Professional athletes operate more like robots than normal human beings with their routines; sleep, diet, training, and game times. Travelling during a game day will upset all of this.

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
I think we can make the playoffs but if we lose this Saturday it's going to tell us if it's at Wild Card or at 3rd in the Division. Most of the games we have lost have been close, the Florida game and this game are recent examples of me wanting to pull my hair out (and seems like the rest of you feel the same way). I just want to watch good hockey and be excited about something, we can't have 3 goals against in one period and feel excited about hockey. That shit needs to stop and we play a strong Boston team on Saturday. If Ullmark doesn't start and we don't come out swinging I'm not sure what to do but.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The scenario you're advocating has a 1 line team limping in, with unproven goaltending. I'd love the playoffs, but that's reality
Who cares the point is that they are in position to make it and our D is better than a lot they can score too.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I guess I just dont get the optimism.

Theres just way too many forward holes to fill this year. The unwillingness to adjust the NHL roster for a 2nd year in a row is becoming a pattern.

Wait till Pilut gets sent back

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Who cares the point is that they are in position to make it and our D is better than a lot they can score too.
Let's trust the process. I'm kinda feeling like the Pegula's finally get it. We won't get instant grat, but Botts will find a path. No call-ups are gonna significantly change things, and we're in a precarious spot of being succesful.

Reactions: Roost

Tyler2829

Jun 20, 2009
Rochester, NY
Further proof that this team is a good team but still pretty far from contending for a cup. The truth is they will be battling for one of the wildcard spots at the end of the season. The worst thing Botts could do is make a panic trade at the deadline for an over priced rental. Hold on to the 4 first round picks and let your prospects keep developing in Roch. These guys are still fun to watch even if you're only watching for the top line and a few others. The hardest thing for me to watch is Okposo(thanks Tim Murray for that guy) turn pucks over and neutralize Mittlestadt.

I dont think people are advocating for a rental trade. Most want to see a hockey trade that brings in someone young with term.

Reactions: sabremike and Daz28

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I dont think people are advocating for a rental trade. Most want to see a hockey trade that brings in someone young with term.

What do they have to make such a hockey trade? Someone who is a 2nd or 3rd line player AND young is not a cheap asset.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Sure.....
If we continue the (deserved) point pace we've had since the win streak ended (and the play we've seen since Winnipeg early in that streak) we will finish with 84 points, a slight improvement from Bylsma hockey, and the 12th slot last season, and the 9th slot the season before.

If the Blues continue playing like they have in that same span, they're looking at a playoff birth, or a just-miss.

What's unreasonable about an established month+ long trend?

Reactions: toomuchsauce

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The lack of screening in this game was bad considering how easy it was to beat Allen with one on the PP. Just kept giving away the puck even with no pressure.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Are we expecting a team to accidentally give the Sabres a good player for something from their bottom 9? (again)
We have a lot of trade assets, right?? The key will be identifying the right players to fill the right roles.

If we were out of the playoffs, we'd have Pontus Aberg. Prob is he'd suck on our crap roster then. Get it

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
If we continue the (deserved) point pace we've had since the win streak ended (and the play we've seen since Winnipeg early in that streak) we will finish with 84 points, a slight improvement from Bylsma hockey, and the 12th slot last season, and the 9th slot the season before.

If the Blues continue playing like they have in that same span, they're looking at a playoff birth, or a just-miss.

What's unreasonable about an established month+ long trend?
Sure....

I was talking about the Blues pick. If you want to be negative knock yourself out.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

I think most people want to see Nylander, Olofsson, and Smith get a shot first. Maybe they provide a spark, maybe they end up over their heads, but they cannot possibly be worse than what we're rolling out now. But it would also be helpful to know that before we hit the trade deadline...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad