OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You can see Tampa doesn't have much left this year like they used to.

They're still better than the Leafs and god forbid the Islanders and Capitals. Maybe even Boston.

I wouldn't trust them to knock off either of the two teams atop the Metro. Not this year.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

They're still better than the Leafs and god forbid the Islanders and Capitals. Maybe even Boston.

I wouldn't trust them to knock off either of the two teams atop the Metro. Not this year.
I think they could eat us alive. They are very reactive. Florida? I think Devils have a long distance to walk to be competitive against Florida. Physical and momentum play is on the great level.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

The season standings reflect all of this. Florida, NYR, Carolina, and Boston had separation from the rest in points.

Those 4 are all running away with the 1st round series.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The season standings reflect all of this. Florida, NYR, Carolina, and Boston had separation from the rest in points.

Those 4 are all running away with the 1st round series.
I still think Boston is a mirage this year.

The best kept secret in the national hockey league is that Boston isn't that good. The Leafs are just a gong show right now.

The Leafs also don't have a goalie, and if they do (Woll) they haven't played him. They're still too busy stuck playing a guy they should be wishing was claimed on waivers. A guy that Martin Jones was up playing games over just a few months ago.

Boston has two goalies.

So much for Tampa making this one interesting.

It's over.

Reactions: Oneiro

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
done-all.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vasilevskiy might get nailed for a goal against on that one. I'm not even sure he was off the ice yet when the puck went into the empty net.

Did they even know their net was empty? That was quick. Even quicker than a Devils empty net goal against this year.

Hopefully they clean up Boston very quick and show everyone how mediocre that team really has been this year.

They beat a much better Boston team last year in the first round.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
All the Eastern teams are going to be well rested for the next round at this rate. Hell, most teams in general outside of probably Dallas/Vegas.

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
Given there might be some serious introspection in Tampa in terms of direction does Fitz bother kicking some tyres with Cooper's representatives?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Feels like it's the end of Stamkos there. He's getting very emotional and everyone on the team is going to him on the way to the locker room.

It almost reminds me of when a player retires. Like what happened with Bergeron a couple of years ago when he looked like he was gonna retire, before they fired Bruce Cassidy and he announced he was coming back. I definitely don't think he will retire, but it's probably his last game here.

I don't know why they won't re-sign him. What are they gonna spend that cap on? They let Killorn and Palat go. That's good, they shouldn't have re-signed them. Stamkos they should.

If they don't keep him I already think Toronto goes for him yet again and they cap dump the last year of Tavares.

Given there might be some serious introspection in Tampa in terms of direction does Fitz bother kicking some tyres with Cooper's representatives?
I don't think he's going anywhere yet.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was actually getting annoyed when they kept pulling Vasilevskiy. It was like delay of game. I really wanted that game to end so I could see all of this. It was over at 3-1.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I don't think they will let Cooper. Its just Florida the better team. From how Toronto, Wsh, Islanders look, they could be more lucky with Vasilevsky form and be higher in the standings and play against leafs. Boston is a strong team from structure point of view, they have solid goaltending but still can make a step back because of lackbif offebsive depth. Defense is important. Overall Tampa just have weaknesses from building side, they heavily missed on Jeannot trade. They could invested those assets in a much much much better player. Sergachyov was injured. They still have chances for longer runs if they will be healthy and if they will not play Florida in the first round. I don't think that they are SCF team anymore, but its too early to fire Cooper.

Feels like it's the end of Stamkos there. He's getting very emotional and everyone on the team is going to him on the way to the locker room.

It almost reminds me of when a player retires. Like what happened with Bergeron a couple of years ago when he looked like he was gonna retire, before they fired Bruce Cassidy and he announced he was coming back. I definitely don't think he will retire, but it's probably his last game here.

I don't know why they won't re-sign him. What are they gonna spend that cap on? They let Killorn and Palat go. That's good, they shouldn't have re-signed them. Stamkos they should.

If they don't keep him I already think Toronto goes for him yet again and they cap dump the last year of Tavares.

I don't think he's going anywhere yet.
Its really strange they don't wanna sign Stamkos. May be they will try to invest in some other younger big player. I don't know.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Cooper is signed through 2024-25, so I don't think he's going anywhere until then. I wouldn't be surprised if they give him an extension this summer with the whole "we can't let a coach go into his final year as a lame duck" thing that most teams do.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cooper is signed through 2024-25, so I don't think he's going anywhere until then. I wouldn't be surprised if they give him an extension this summer with the whole "we can't let a coach go into his final year as a lame duck" thing that most teams do.
The Leafs would love him and Stamkos as a package deal.

I'm betting a lot of teams are already hoping he's out for 25-26. Some teams may even keep their borderline coaches this year in hopes of it, unless Cooper is extended before that. Coaches can be extended at any time. 2-3 years before their contracts are to expire if they want to.

That would actually be the only explanation for the Leafs holding onto Sheldon Keefe for next year, who also has only a year left on his deal. I don't think they will be holding onto him though.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I don't think they will let Cooper. Its just Florida the better team. From how Toronto, Wsh, Islanders look, they could be more lucky with Vasilevsky form and be higher in the standings and play against leafs. Boston is a strong team from structure point of view, they have solid goaltending but still can make a step back because of lackbif offebsive depth. Defense is important. Overall Tampa just have weaknesses from building side, they heavily missed on Jeannot trade. They could invested those assets in a much much much better player. Sergachyov was injured. They still have chances for longer runs if they will be healthy and if they will not play Florida in the first round. I don't think that they are SCF team anymore, but its too early to fire Cooper.

Its really strange they don't wanna sign Stamkos. May be they will try to invest in some other younger big player. I don't know.
They have been pressed up against the cap for years and I could see them rather spending that money on 2 players vs 1 player on a 2nd UFA deal. Remember they did essentially win their first cup without Stamkos. Though the depth of that roster has been gutted.

Though, I think he gets signed and a lot of not signing him last summer was seeing how much they would have.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
They have been pressed up against the cap for years and I could see them rather spending that money on 2 players vs 1 player on a 2nd UFA deal. Remember they did essentially win their first cup without Stamkos. Though the depth of that roster has been gutted.

Though, I think he gets signed and a lot of not signing him last summer was seeing how much they would have.
Their example is showing that good team win a lot with great depth, great defense and great goalie, but can't without great depth. Example of Colorado and vegas is showing that depth can bring cup without great goalie.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Barring a catastrophic injury, I think Ovechkin will stick around long enough to break the record. And the Caps will make space for him for as long as it takes.

It just may take longer than we initially thought.
he still put up 31 this year so i dont think its going to take any longer then expected. he started the year super slow too and still hit 31

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I doubt he scores 20 in a single season again. At that age once the injuries start they are often chronic. That he will continue to decline is certain. At what rate is however impossible to tell. Your and @guttersniped’s view represents the best case scenario.

This playoff series followed the hot spell. These last 4 games could well represent the future.

i just looked at his games played over career and hes been incredibly healthy for the majority of it. everyone always said the style of play would slow him down and never hitting the record. that just never really happened to him good for him i really like him glad he got his cup

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad