GDT: Game 38: Columbus at Dallas | 1/6 8:30PM EST

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Boll is a role player.... few here will recognize his fight tonight but his fight pumped up the CBj team.... One thing the CBJ base must learn, getting tough and fighting with blood for a win in the NHL is still ok.... it works.

i feel the opposite...after the fight, the Stars started taking advantage...

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Despite getting the job done... the announcers keep praising Bob for his game tonight. I just dont think he had all that good of a game. Wasn't positionally sound... just glad to get the W.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I agree with the above. Tube is another quintessential Jacket. Pay him the appropriate money and let's keep him in the fold.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Boll is a role player.... few here will recognize his fight tonight but his fight pumped up the CBj team.... One thing the CBJ base must learn, getting tough and fighting with blood for a win in the NHL is still ok.... it works.

But we got outplayed after it:sarcasm:

I can see what you mean but your "thugs" need to be people to chip in once in awhile ex: the old lucic was perfect at the very least have Dorset skill or above

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
He should get rewarded. I felt(along with most of you guys) that he took a paycut on his last contract that he signed. Don't think he will do it again.

They held a gun to his head because he wanted to stay or he would have been traded at the deadline. They lowballed Calvert too then went out & signed Boll's extension 4 months later so I doubt either will give them the "I want to stay discount" this time.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Despite getting the job done... the announcers keep praising Bob for his game tonight. I just dont think he had all that good of a game. Wasn't positionally sound... just glad to get the W.

Bob was solid and had some great saves despite being under siege for more than half the game. I have no recollection of anything poor other than a poor play behind the net. Not sure what you're seeing.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

The Fox homer station gave Bob the second star tonight but he was not that good in the first two periods.... the third he was all-star quality...

Bob needs to work on consistency, he's all over the map and must improve for any chance of making the playoffs this year... Philly dumped him because he was inconsistent…. You must improve BOB!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I have GOT to get me some of what you're having, Robert. *hic*

Ditto.

Good win. Beaten like a dead horse around here, and Boll is useless, but that fight was necessary after what happened to Morin.

That said, 1.7 million for a guy to punch guys is not a good investment.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Big win for Todd too.... he's not the best HC in the league but he's good... with some luck the CBJ might win a playoff round under him.... I wish we had Peter Laviolette but it is what it is....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wennberg is going to be a good one when he gets bigger and more confident. Not everyone can slow down, kick a redirected slow moving puck from their skate to their stick in time to make that pass. He's got game.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
They held a gun to his head because he wanted to stay or he would have been traded at the deadline. They lowballed Calvert too then went out & signed Boll's extension 4 months later so I doubt either will give them the "I want to stay discount" this time.

uh... what?

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville

Somebody had to do something with Cole taking a run at Toots and cross-checking (Collins?) in the face, and Boll was the one to do it.

I know he's not popular around NWA or on these boards, but he's always been one of my favorites. Injuries the last two or three years and fighting out his weight class season after season have clearly hurt, but his skating and work along the boards are so much better now compared to when he was 26. What do people want, the kid who would just go full speed and maybe make contact on the checking attempt?

He's on pace for his most fighting majors since 11-12, even though fighting seems to be on the way out. (I don't like staged fights but I think even the staged bouts keep other teams honest. Nash should send him a Christmas and birthday present every year.) He'll get his two or three goals and add a few assists. He seems to be a good influence on the younger guys.

Not trying to marry him, and it's his job, but I would hate to bust tail and contribute the little things only to know that the majority of the fan base thinks I'm overpaid and have to go. (I just went to capgeek and learned the site has ceased operations, but I think he makes 1.7 mil and I'm good with that for another year or two.)

Very pleased with the efforts after that goat---- in the desert. Now on to Toronto, where the team that holds the final playoff spot just fired Randy Carlyle. Glad I'm not a Leafs fan. Must be like rooting for the Cubbies or the Tribe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad