Post-Game Talk: GAME #38 - Canucks vs. Flames - April 7, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouCantYandleThis*

Good. I'm bored. Have at it.

cS4foiI.jpg

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010
I'm not worried about it. They'll find another 3C. It's just not going to be Roy.

http://www.capgeek.com/canucks/

How do you make room for him salary-wise? Booth, Ballard bring in 8.45M combined, but the cap is decreasing $5.7M so even if you amnestied them both we're only $3.25M below the cap. Move Luongo? That's $4M after signing a back-up, $3M if they make the better strategic decision and move Schneider for high picks instead of a comparable goalie for nothing due to contract concerns.

So, that's $6M to $7M with 9 positions to fill. If you give Roy $4M, you can't even pay minimum salary to fill out the roster.

Who else is trade-able? Daniel or Henrik? Not unless you are going full rebuild. Burrows Higgins? The ink is barely dry on their deals. Bieksa, Garrison, Hamhuis? Full NTC's. Edler's signed through until 2019.

I just don't see any way that Roy is in a Canucks uniform next year.

:laugh: Schneider and Luongo are no longer comparable goalies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Shouldn't really read too much into the Roy interview, but it really doesn't sound like he is going to re-sign.

I think the way Oake asked the question had a lot to do with it, kept saying rental like 3 times.

He should have just asked him if he would like to resign with the canucks after this season.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Bleach clean did it for 5m. Ask him, and the line up looked solid, dont really want to fish around for that post a couple day ago.

Obviously he removed raymond, ballard, booth, lou.

That's what I just did too, amnestied Booth and Ballard, traded a goalie and what you've got left is $6M to $7M to sign free agents like Raymond with 9 roster spots open.

Don't rely on other posters, look at capgeek yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about. The Canucks situation is tight as it is, let alone trying to re-sign Roy.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Win's a win. 2 points in the books.

Unsettled how much time the nobody-less Flames were getting us running around in our own zone. This is the biggest worry I have coming away from this game.

Team D = ****.

This needs to be fixed big-time. Even Barker (who I despise beyond all rational reason) wasn't bad enough on his own to account for the crap on display a lot of the time. We're not always going to be facing goalies as useless as Kipper ( :laugh: ).

--Amazing Sedin shift there. Great game by that line. Oozed confidence. Sometimes the twins look like 2 Sundins cruising around out there; this was one of those nights.

--Wiese is back. Yay. Uh...yeah. At least he knocked McGrattan out. And scored.

--Roy line looked okayish.

--Flames suck.

--Schneider is amazing. Stopped numerous point-blank chances.

--Max Reinhart? Heard of Griffin, not Max. He was really good, though. Maybe we could get him next deadline day for a bag of chips or something.

--Edler scored, and he's getting his turnovers down to single digits a game! Go Eddie!

--Barker sucks. Scares me that our youngest, cheapest defenseman is also the best at actually defending.

--Sedins are amazing. Bears repeating. REALLY need these two guys to show up every game if this team is going to make any noise whatsoever long-term this year.

--9-2 vs Alberta teams the last 2 games. Life is good for now. :D

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
Haha Hansen's impression was pretty funny. I'm surprised it took so long to have an after hour interview with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad