Post-Game Talk: GAME #38 - Canucks vs. Flames - April 7, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
If roy helps bring home a cup this season, then i don't care if he walks. If we don't win and he walks, then i'm going to his summer house and taking my bed back.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
srsly, worry about that after this year.

I'm not worried about it. They'll find another 3C. It's just not going to be Roy.

Gilman talked about moving kesler to the wing so its not impossible, also i think we can get to caught up on what line is what, kesler might take more of a shutdown 3c duty , we dont know what they have in mind.

http://www.capgeek.com/canucks/

How do you make room for him salary-wise? Booth, Ballard bring in 8.45M combined, but the cap is decreasing $5.7M so even if you amnestied them both we're only $3.25M below the cap. Move Luongo? That's $4M after signing a back-up, $3M if they make the better strategic decision and move Schneider for high picks instead of a comparable goalie for nothing due to contract concerns.

So, that's $6M to $7M with 9 positions to fill. If you give Roy $4M, you can't even pay minimum salary to fill out the roster.

Who else is trade-able? Daniel or Henrik? Not unless you are going full rebuild. Burrows Higgins? The ink is barely dry on their deals. Bieksa, Garrison, Hamhuis? Full NTC's. Edler's signed through until 2019.

I just don't see any way that Roy is in a Canucks uniform next year.

LightningBurrows

ThreatLevelMidnight
Jan 3, 2009
Vancouver BC
Scott Oake must be a poster here!

Hi guys

ScottOake_669.jpg

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I'm not worried about it. They'll find another 3C. It's just not going to be Roy.

How do you make room for him salary-wise? Booth, Ballard bring in 8.45M combined, but the cap is decreasing $5.7M so even if you amnestied them both we're only $3.25M below the cap. Move Luongo? That's $4M after signing a back-up, $3M if they make the better strategic decision and move Schneider for high picks instead of a comparable goalie for nothing due to contract concerns.

So, that's $6M to $7M with 9 positions to fill. If you give Roy $4M, you can't even pay minimum salary to fill out the roster.

Who else is trade-able? Daniel or Henrik? Not unless you are going full rebuild. Burrows Higgins? The ink is barely dry on their deals. Bieksa, Garrison, Hamhuis? Full NTC's. Edler's signed through the next decade.

I just don't see anyway that Roy is in a Canucks uniform next year.

Bleach clean did it for 5m. Ask him, and the line up looked solid, dont really want to fish around for that post a couple day ago.

Obviously he removed raymond, ballard, booth, lou.

Vancouver Canucks*

Who else is trade-able? Daniel or Henrik? Not unless you are going full rebuild. Burrows Higgins? The ink is barely dry on their deals. Bieksa, Garrison, Hamhuis? Full NTC's. Edler's signed through until 2019.

I just don't see anyway that Roy is in a Canucks uniform next year.

buzz killington

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Seems like in his opinion that his name should be pronounced differently depending on what language you are speaking

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Yeah, at this stage he'd have no idea about staying.

Perhaps if the team goes deep, he'd consider making a faviourable deal with Canucks brass, depending on icetime and chemistry. And our resident cap-wizard, Gilman, of course.

But with the way JS has been playing on the farm, I think he could be a 40-50 point guy next year. I'd like him to get that shot on the Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad